game updates ... 10/24-30

VHSLhelper

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I just watched Union and Abingdon flipping back and forth between Graham and Tazewell also.

I never bet. Ever. If I did, I put big money on Union over Graham back down at Bullitt Park. Graham's Good, very good. Union will not only beat Graham in my opinion, but the game not within 10 pts in my opinion, and Union will go to Radford and have a very good chance to beat them to. All the respect in the world for Graham, but when you have center/QB bad snaps regularly in game 9, you are done. You aren't winning a state title or a Region Title. Those little things will be the difference with Graham and Union back down there. Only my opinions.

I’m just relieved that the torch of “darling of the board” has been passed to Union. 

7 hours ago, Comegetsum said:

No parade down Main Street tonight like I said earlier in the week.   Tazewell never crossed the 50 yard line all night.  Regardless of WHO! Playing qb.  Creasy had 3 pics in 1st half lmao!! Not getting those numbers vs the good teams !! 

Maybe, just maybe, the kid isn't as good as advertisers say or he just don't have enough around him? Just seems like he is injury-prone at some bad times. Getting beat consistently by Graham is a hard thing to change.  I believe they're better than the score last night,  but still not within 3 scores. Hope he's healthy for playoffs. With all the hype around him and R.V. qb, it's gonna be a hard argument now for U qb not to be #1 for post-season accolades.  1 and 2 in PP seems to be set.  Now 3-6 is dependent on gate city vs Ridgeview. 

CalPreps now has Galax 24 Grayson 21. A week ago, that was GC 34 Galax 21. 

This has been a weird season, especially in Class 1. It’s hard to tell if Galax is rounding into form late in the season or if the past two weeks have been against weak competition. I can’t remember the last time we were heading into the last week of the regular season not knowing who the clearcut favorite to win Region 1C is. 

11 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Do I add them to the Potential Fraud list along with Grayson?

Far from it. We are what we thought we were (seni quote the famous Dennis Green there lol)  we thought had a chance but knew the reality that would probably lose. Defense played great. The score is not a reflection of the game. Take away the picks and it's tighter. I dont know why the ball was thrown the way it was on the first two but those weren't coverage interceptions. The third one was caused by pressure. Fourth was by a QB just trying to do something in an unfamiliar position. Graham gets pressure and that's how they win. If you had a stout o line that provides great protection, they are in trouble. Offensively they are good but not impressive. Their defense carries them. 

All that said we are still proud of them and they played the best they could wounded. Hope Creasy is OK and returns next week. 

Grayson’s schedule? It’s without question, the weakest between them, Galax and GW. I think that’s starting to show. GW could have hung 50 on Grayson last night if they eliminate the mistakes. 

I think GW can beat Galax in a rematch but they have to eliminate those mistakes. Something GW doesn’t seem to have an ability to do against top C1 competition. It was the difference in the game against Galax and kept a blowout competitive against Grayson. 

If Galax is indeed peaking at the right time, they have the best players on the field in any of those matchups in Tucker and Ashworth. 

Are the stars aligning the way they did in 2015? We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Far from it. We are what we thought we were (seni quote the famous Dennis Green there lol)  we thought had a chance but knew the reality that would probably lose. Defense played great. The score is not a reflection of the game. Take away the picks and it's tighter. I dont know why the ball was thrown the way it was on the first two but those weren't coverage interceptions. The third one was caused by pressure. Fourth was by a QB just trying to do something in an unfamiliar position. Graham gets pressure and that's how they win. If you had a stout o line that provides great protection, they are in trouble. Offensively they are good but not impressive. Their defense carries them. 

All that said we are still proud of them and they played the best they could wounded. Hope Creasy is OK and returns next week. 

Sounds like excuses. Let's face it......Tazewell is not at Graham's level. Just say we got beat by a better team. You'll get a little respect that way. You guys don't understand why tazewell gets the hate. It's posts like this. Only tazewell fans can lose by 43 and have the benefit of scoring their only td on a turnover then complain about the interceptions. You know why tazewell lost.....because they are soft. If you don't like it play better.

6 minutes ago, CPF said:

Sounds like excuses. Let's face it......Tazewell is not at Graham's level. Just say we got beat by a better team. You'll get a little respect that way. You guys don't understand why tazewell gets the hate. It's posts like this. Only tazewell fans can lose by 43 and have the benefit of scoring their only td on a turnover then complain about the interceptions. You know why tazewell lost.....because they are soft. If you don't like it play better.

Didn’t Graham turn the ball over twice inside the redzone? So they could’ve actually put up 60 points had it not been for those mistakes. I’m not saying Tazewell has a bad team but they’ve only played 3 teams with a winning record and have been outscored 126-13 against those teams.

16 minutes ago, CPF said:

I feel like I’m agreeing with the evil empire here and I hate it.. but.. BINGO! 

7 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I feel like I’m agreeing with the evil empire here and I hate it.. but.. BINGO! 

So in less than 24 hours we’ve gone from the darlings of the board to the evil empire? 😂 Graham just can’t catch a break on here but Floyd, Edwards, & Lilly proved they can catch the other team’s passes. 😂 

(Just having some fun, hope no one takes offense) 

21 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

So in less than 24 hours we’ve gone from the darlings of the board to the evil empire? 😂 Graham just can’t catch a break on here but Floyd, Edwards, & Lilly proved they can catch the other team’s passes. 😂 

(Just having some fun, hope no one takes offense) 

Let’s be real. They’ve never gotten that darling treatment from me. 🤣

Im regards to Graham vs Tazewell.  I stated at the beginning of the season that the dogs would go 7-3 and finish runner up in the SWD.  Most people that I personally talked to hyping the Tazewell game were the Graham fans. Graham won convincingly,  great.  Good for them.  However. even Graham fans are saying that Tazewell was over-hyoed, which may be accurate.  Any qb who was under that type of pressure would have had a hard time.  Instead of cutting down an entire footbal team or an individual player, just give credit to where it's due, the Graham defense.   am a big Graham fan too. But before everybody starts beating their chests, just exactly what quality team has Graham beaten?  Don't say Pulaski because they are giving up 40 points per game.  Act like you've been there before, because you have.... no need to constantly remind how awesome you are.

2 hours ago, CPF said:

I think I stated that. We did get beat by the better team. No excuses. Facts are facts Graham defense had Creasy throwing faster than routes were ready, not sure the two wrong routes. Maybe give Taz defense some credit for the turnovers in the redzone. We were a one dimensional offense aftwr Creasy went out. Pretty easy to defend that. Graham has always had the arrogant fans that talk down about Tazewell and is part of the reason I can't pull for them either. At least Union fans aren't cutting down their opposition. I know as do most all our fans that Graham is still the best team of the district. We thought we were pretty good and I still believe it but that just means there is still a way to go. I don't get fired up to much and try to be the respectful poster on here and give credit where it is due, but mark my word when Graham plays Union in the playoffs, I may have to go to that game and be a Bears fan!  All I'm saying about the results from last night, time to move on to the Lebanon game. 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

I think I stated that. We did get beat by the better team. No excuses. Facts are facts Graham defense had Creasy throwing faster than routes were ready, not sure the two wrong routes. Maybe give Taz defense some credit for the turnovers in the redzone. We were a one dimensional offense aftwr Creasy went out. Pretty easy to defend that. Graham has always had the arrogant fans that talk down about Tazewell and is part of the reason I can't pull for them either. At least Union fans aren't cutting down their opposition. I know as do most all our fans that Graham is still the best team of the district. We thought we were pretty good and I still believe it but that just means there is still a way to go. I don't get fired up to much and try to be the respectful poster on here and give credit where it is due, but mark my word when Graham plays Union in the playoffs, I may have to go to that game and be a Bears fan!  All I'm saying about the results from last night, time to move on to the Lebanon game. 

Well we do kinda crack on Central a little lol!!!  But they return the favor.  All in good fun though 

Real Sasq, I'm with you. Had Dogs at 7-3 with losses to Graham, Red Team, and Princeton. All 3 losses would be considered "high level" or "next level" against incredibly good teams. The thing for Tazewell in these losses and other losses over the years against the Grahams and Bluefields, they get dominated on the LOS. Tazewell needs one of these "high level" "elite level" wins and they just can't get it yet. Hopefully, the Dogs can get one of these high levels wins sooner rather than later to "break through" and take it to the next level. 

P.S Kudos to the Tazewell crowd and people of T-Town. You guys and gals support the he"" out of your team and show up. Huge crowd for Tazewell at Mitchell last night by the looks of NFHS.

21 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Not SWVA related but tomorrow Phoebus takes on Warwick. Both teams are undefeated. Phoebus has only allowed 8 total points this season and Warwick has only allowed 7…. Those are insane stats!

Phoebus won 10-2… they’ve now allowed 10 total points in 9 games and Warwick 17 total points in 10 games. Absolutely insane!

7 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Didn’t Graham turn the ball over twice inside the redzone? So they could’ve actually put up 60 points had it not been for those mistakes. I’m not saying Tazewell has a bad team but they’ve only played 3 teams with a winning record and have been outscored 126-13 against those teams.

How many games has your team won this year? I wouldn't be talking about Tazewell's team if I was a Giles fan.

4 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Tazewell defense is pathetic..i mean giles had about 1,000 yards rushing and we have the slowest team in D1

Look to your Giles team before mentioning the word pathetic.

Vero Beach 10

Treasure Coast 7

Half

Treasure Coast has fumbled at the Vero 5 at the end of a long pass play, given up a QB scramble for 20 yards on a 3rd &19, and had a corner jump a hitch pass and drop the easiest chance for a pick six that the kid will ever have in his life. TC has the better team, but keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

10 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

How many games has your team won this year? I wouldn't be talking about Tazewell's team if I was a Giles fan.

Look to your Giles team before mentioning the word pathetic.

We Giles people know we aren’t good. We also don’t post about how great our offense is when we can’t even score more than 13 total points against teams with a winning record. 

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Real Sasq, I'm with you. Had Dogs at 7-3 with losses to Graham, Red Team, and Princeton. All 3 losses would be considered "high level" or "next level" against incredibly good teams. The thing for Tazewell in these losses and other losses over the years against the Grahams and Bluefields, they get dominated on the LOS. Tazewell needs one of these "high level" "elite level" wins and they just can't get it yet. Hopefully, the Dogs can get one of these high levels wins sooner rather than later to "break through" and take it to the next level. 

P.S Kudos to the Tazewell crowd and people of T-Town. You guys and gals support the he"" out of your team and show up. Huge crowd for Tazewell at Mitchell last night by the looks of NFHS.

Now here is a post from a man that knows what he's talking about! He explains very well what Tazewell needs to do and does not criticize their team.