New Head Coach at Richlands

Blue Tornado

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Can them Keene boys coach? Maybe the old man can but I'm not sure them boys can😂

I saw one of the Keene boys officiating some games in Roanoke a year or so ago, so he's at least been around the game for a while.

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

I don't know Ronnie Davis at all but from what I gather on here, he has some strong Jack Turner vibes. Comes on strong, fades quickly, and disappears completely.

Just chiming in, but I am not aware Ronnie Davis ever being given the opportunity to be a head coach for there to be a comparison. 
To my knowledge, he has been very successful as a head softball coach. Boy’s basketball has been very challenging in recent years, so I’m not qualified to have an accurate opinion. 

Based upon my experience, he knows football and benefits greatly from his past experience at RHS and exchange of knowledge with his peers. I’m sure he’s also picked up some insights from his brief time at GHS. 

I don’t know enough details that other posters mentioned; however, I would counter based upon the past as a combination of career advancement and negative circumstances beyond his control. Let’s face it, as mentioned earlier, sometimes the other part of the relationship has other plans. I’d venture (results pending) if given a head coaching position or not forced to change, he would likely still be a head coach at RHS in either football or softball. 
Just my opinion, with little details available.

Edited by tornado99
Remove “not”

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

Lakeway ChristianAcademy, has an amazing campus, with super athletic facilities, and close to Douglas Lake. I stopped by, from my visit to Knoxville. I don't think Coach Wells, would trade that to the Blue Tornado facilities.

I don't think he'd be given that choice.

14 minutes ago, Blue Tornado said:

It would have been done in executive session, in private, I think.

That’s what I was thinking too. Personnel issues aren’t discussed in open meeting. It will probably be common knowledge in 24-48 hours if they hired someone. 

22 minutes ago, SXSW said:

What is the over/under odds for a 30 pager for this thread!

I would say under. We have to be close to finding out who the coach is — and I expect it will quiet down after that. Lol

50 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I would say under. We have to be close to finding out who the coach is — and I expect it will quiet down after that. Lol

No, then we have to debate who will be the OC & DC and take bets if JM will be hands off and let the new HC, well, coach.  This thread has so much more life. 🤣

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

No, then we have to debate who will be the OC & DC and take bets if JM will be hands off and let the new HC, well, coach.  This thread has so much more life. 🤣

Excellent post my friend, you hit the nail square on the head.  That's the problem in this county, people taking their hands off and letting those in the position do what they were hired to do.  I guess that's what happens with power hungry personnel, or job scared individuals.  Not to mention any names but I remember a few years back one of the school board showed up in the arrest paper for DUI. That person, along with their spouce, went around to all the places the paper was distributed to garner all the copies so no one would know.  First of all it's public record, and even if you buy out the press, it still appears on the county web site, it would still be disclosed.  They are still in office and very much involved in the search for the new HC as I understand it.  It may sound laughable, but it actually did happen.

Congrats to new Richlands Head Coach Ronnie Davis. Best wishes in turning it around for the Blues. I'm sure Coach Davis is excited about the opportunity and ready to get busy. Also, a humble and grateful thank you to former coach Tarter for years and years of service to your community. America could use a whole lot more just like you. Good luck to all Blues fans, players, and alums in the transition and new beginning.

Congrats to Ronnie Davis for being the new Head Coach of the Blue Tornado.  Now build back better with your assistants and thank you coach Tarter for all your effort and stepping up when no one else would have.

Next question:  Who will thw assistants be, and where will they come from?

29 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Congrats to new Richlands Head Coach Ronnie Davis. Best wishes in turning it around for the Blues. I'm sure Coach Davis is excited about the opportunity and ready to get busy. Also, a humble and grateful thank you to former coach Tarter for years and years of service to your community. America could use a whole lot more just like you. Good luck to all Blues fans, players, and alums in the transition and new beginning.

26 minutes ago, Tru Blue72 said:

Congrats to Ronnie Davis for being the new Head Coach of the Blue Tornado.  Now build back better with your assistants and thank you coach Tarter for all your effort and stepping up when no one else would have.

Next question:  Who will thw assistants be, and where will they come from?

Congratulations! Agreed. I’m excited to see this for myself.

2 hours ago, SpillBoss said:

Looks like Ronnie Davis is the new HC per Jim Talbert.

Can't speak for others but this is exactly who I heard two weekends ago.

Hoping the best for him and that it is the right pick and not the political pick