Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

He is a great system QB

You make some valid points but I am unwilling to forgo the points I have made in this thread. I believe mine to be just as valid. Two things can be accurate to some degree, at the same time. I also don't think anyone is suggesting this kid should be recruited by the SEC. He's a great high school QB. Something our area doesn't produce a lot of. Lots of kids in our area have had arm talent. It doesn't make them any more of an SEC recruit than Creasy. 

As for the quoted section above, the New England Patriots and New York Giants were regularly accused of having "system" QB's in recent years. How are those "systems" working now that those two QB's are retired?

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

Force feeding talented backs and receivers. A QB that can distribute the football in ways very few from our region ever have. A coach knowledgeable enough to figure out ways to maximize that talent. 

Every coach in SWVA would kill for those options. According to this board, that's something to be ashamed of!!!

giphy.gif

This area still hasn’t adapted out of the smash mouth football mindset. 

Systems like the run and shoot and air raid were designed for your receivers to be an extension of your run game. You get your best athletes in space, find the soft spot of the defense & let the QB get the ball out quickly. The quick hitters and screen plays are basically your 5 yard run plays which ultimately forces the defense to move closer to the line of scrimmage which opens up the throws over the top. 

Another thing that offense does on a high school level is it keeps the interest level high for the players. Kids don’t want to be fullbacks and tight ends anymore. They like to emulate what they see on tv. How many college/pro offenses are lining up under center and pounding the ball in to the middle of the defense? They’d rather be a Tyreek Hill than a Patrick Ricard. 

Tazewell has 11 different players on the roster that have caught a touchdown pass this season. There’s been two separate games that Creasy has thrown 6 touchdown passes to 6 different receivers. 

I’m not arguing those stats in this situation to say that he’s better than any other quarterback. I’m just using it to show that everyone is getting involved, they’re not force feeding anyone.

24 minutes ago, EH31 said:

They’d rather be a Tyreek Hill than a Patrick Ricard. 

You’re absolutely right about that but man there’s nothing I love more than watching a big bumbling stumbling fullback break one loose for a big gain. Mike f’n Alstott baby. Need I say more

33 minutes ago, EH31 said:

This area still hasn’t adapted out of the smash mouth football mindset. 

Systems like the run and shoot and air raid were designed for your receivers to be an extension of your run game. You get your best athletes in space, find the soft spot of the defense & let the QB get the ball out quickly. The quick hitters and screen plays are basically your 5 yard run plays which ultimately forces the defense to move closer to the line of scrimmage which opens up the throws over the top. 

Another thing that offense does on a high school level is it keeps the interest level high for the players. Kids don’t want to be fullbacks and tight ends anymore. They like to emulate what they see on tv. How many college/pro offenses are lining up under center and pounding the ball in to the middle of the defense? They’d rather be a Tyreek Hill than a Patrick Ricard. 

Tazewell has 11 different players on the roster that have caught a touchdown pass this season. There’s been two separate games that Creasy has thrown 6 touchdown passes to 6 different receivers. 

I’m not arguing those stats in this situation to say that he’s better than any other quarterback. I’m just using it to show that everyone is getting involved, they’re not force feeding anyone.

I agree with your statement overall, but I guess Union is an anomaly.

Those kids get so excited when they get into that T.

Over the years, several players have talked about how they like it in newspaper interviews.

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Over the years, several players have talked about how they like it in newspaper interviews.

You mean the three starting RB's say they love it.  😅  I bet those WR's, QBs and TE's don't love it.   Also, if Union were to lose 4-5 games a year, the vocal opposition would get louder. 

People need to realize, it has been proven over the past 10 years at the pro-level that the best and most explosive athletes are WR's and TE's.  They affect the game more than a good RB.  Kids see that.  Who wants to be a WR in a Wing-T?  

I bet Tazewell keeps the skill players coming out as long as Harris is there.  The problem is that the local little leagues don't throw and, therefore, don't develop those high level QBs and WRs.  It isn't a coincidence that the two best outside true WR's over tha past several years (not slots or hybrids) had ties to outside the region.  One was lucky enough to play for his dad and the other was lucky enough to play for a school that throws the ball.  

3 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

You mean the three starting RB's say they love it.  😅  I bet those WR's, QBs and TE's don't love it.   Also, if Union were to lose 4-5 games a year, the vocal opposition would get louder. 

People need to realize, it has been proven over the past 10 years at the pro-level that the best and most explosive athletes are WR's and TE's.  They affect the game more than a good RB.  Kids see that.  Who wants to be a WR in a Wing-T?  

I bet Tazewell keeps the skill players coming out as long as Harris is there. 

That's the oddity. The RBs, of course, but the lineman, QB and TEs also. In fact, the whole sideline lights up.

As you mentioned, the WRs probably aren't so crazy about it, BUT they have put them in there as the recipient of the toss sweep before.

So, fun for the whole family! Haha 

Another thing I've noticed is that the coaches treat WRs differently.  Here is an example:  coaches love to here the RB/FB come up and say "feed me the ball, they can't stop me". They love to hear the big nasty OG say "run behind me coach, they can't handle me".  They eat that shit up.  But if your WR says "Throw me the ball coach, they can't cover me.  Keep throwing me the ball>" the kid is selfish and all about himself.  

Utilize your best athletes in their best medium without mercy.  

18 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

You are spot on. When coach Turner calls for the T the entire sideline comes alive. Even the WR’s if it’s a 4th and short or another big moment in a game. 

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

That's the oddity. The RBs, of course, but the lineman, QB and TEs also. In fact, the whole sideline lights up.

As you mentioned, the WRs probably aren't so crazy about it, BUT they have put them in there as the recipient of the toss sweep before.

So, fun for the whole family! Haha 

Brother, I'll buy you dinner if a QB finds it more exciting to run a dive play than throw the ball.......IF the QB is a true QB and not a converted RB.  Also, I'll buy you dessert if a true TE not a converted light-weight OL, would prefer blocking down on a DE over running a seam route......IF the TE is actually a viable pass-catching TE. 

30 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Brother, I'll buy you dinner if a QB finds it more exciting to run a dive play than throw the ball.......IF the QB is a true QB and not a converted RB.  Also, I'll buy you dessert if a true TE not a converted light-weight OL, would prefer blocking down on a DE over running a seam route......IF the TE is actually a viable pass-catching TE. 

Mitchell seemed to enjoy blocking quite a bit cause he sure wasn’t getting many balls thrown to him.

12 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Mitchell seemed to enjoy blocking quite a bit cause he sure wasn’t getting many balls thrown to him.

Lol.  He had no choice.  Absolute insanity that he didn’t get 7-8 passes a game.  Hell, you could put him at slot and every bubble screen would have been a TD.  

I can see the offensive linemen enjoying running the T. I enjoy seeing it myself. I think in that case, the best athletes are running backs instead of WR. They are sharing carries the same way as the WRs share the hall with the QB spreading it around. I think this is somewhere between the pass happy spread offense and a smash mouth I/Power I where the happiest are the OL and the TB getting continuous carries.

Yes, Union is an anomaly.

Edited by tornado99
Wording

55 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Lol.  He had no choice.  Absolute insanity that he didn’t get 7-8 passes a game.  Hell, you could put him at slot and every bubble screen would have been a TD.  

He definitely should’ve had more touches a game 

3 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

I've not seen that many IFs in a conditional statement since I took a programming class. Haha

Just like I commented to the OP, I agree with that generally, but these kids at Union love to hit. Even Huff lowers his shoulders sometimes to hit someone when he could just dance around them so does Anderson.

I'll put the burden back on you. Interview the kids at Union, and see if I deserve that free dinner. I'm a cheap date! 😉

Y’all can get mad at me if you want, Creasy is a truly elite QB for SWVA and top 5 in the west in 2A. But Tazwell doesn’t mind to rack up the yards and scores against bad teams and it felt like at times that Harris was more concerned with Chancellors numbers than winning. My criticisms are toward the staff not CC. I still think OQuinn is better but doesn’t have rhe system or the talent now. 

15 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I've not seen that many IFs in a conditional statement since I took a programming class. Haha

Just like I commented to the OP, I agree with that generally, but these kids at Union love to hit. Even Huff lowers his shoulders sometimes to hit someone when he could just dance around them so does Anderson.

I'll put the burden back on you. Interview the kids at Union, and see if I deserve that free dinner. I'm a cheap date! 😉

Right it’s not a guess you’re throwing out there most of them will tell you and I wish Anderson would just get out of bounds we don’t need him to get banged up now 

5 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Right it’s not a guess you’re throwing out there most of them will tell you and I wish Anderson would just get out of bounds we don’t need him to get banged up now 

No, we don't, but he sure is a tough kid! He only weighs about 150, but he has absolutely laid some licks on opposing Ds this year.

26 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Y’all can get mad at me if you want, Creasy is a truly elite QB for SWVA and top 5 in the west in 2A. But Tazwell doesn’t mind to rack up the yards and scores against bad teams and it felt like at times that Harris was more concerned with Chancellors numbers than winning. My criticisms are toward the staff not CC. I still think OQuinn is better but doesn’t have rhe system or the talent now. 

It will be interesting to see his line trying to fend off Lovell and company. A ton of credit is given to our secondary and rightfully so, but the D-line and LBs deserve a ton of credit as well. This defense is solid at all levels. Creasy will see speed rushing at him like he's not seen Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Unchained said:

It will be interesting to see his line trying to fend off Lovell and company. A ton of credit is given to our secondary and rightfully so, but the D-line and LBs deserve a ton of credit as well. This defense is solid at all levels. Creasy will see speed rushing at him like he's not seen Saturday.

Most teams, I'm sure will try to get a ton of pressure on Creasy.  Dogs have to play smart and get rid of it quick, run the  the big dogs and do some quick outs and screens to slow down that rush.  If they just go shotgun and try to throw the ball deep, they will be in trouble.  They don't need to even try to run wide either, off tackle with the big boy package when running the ball 

On 11/14/2023 at 6:19 PM, sixcat said:

So, the 85 yard TD pass I saw him throw in the 1st quarter Saturday that traveled 50 yards in the air and hit the receiver perfectly in stride didn’t happen?

Besides, have you watched football at every level in recent years. Tom Brady made a 25 year hall-of-fame career throwing those types of passes. It’s the way the games played now. It’s an extension of the run game. 

If it’s so easy, why isn’t every high school team in our region duplicating his feats?

19 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

From Max Preps

Passing leaders through this week: Carter Creasy, Tazewell (3173 yards/36 TD); Tristan Evans-Trujillo, Freedom (2780 yards/41 TD); Carter Working, Lightridge (2735 yards/23 TD); Jordan Dennis, South County (2671 yards/18 TD); Peyton Musick, Honaker (2671… dlvr.it/SynJM7

Also note he’s missed a game and a half. Stats don’t lie, this kid is throwing numbers that you see on a video game. He’s phenomenal when healthy & has time. Being that, will his line give him time against union, Creasy don’t like being hit, no QB does. If they give him time, it could be a long night for the bears. Creasy is smart also, he knows when to hand it or pull it, But I think even if he doesn’t get the time he needs he will still be able to move the ball with screens and quick hitters. Also, Tazewells biggest problem, they can’t be beat when they get off the bus, they have to have the right attitude and confidence. You can’t go into a game thinking you’re gonna get beat before you get there. If they do, it’s gonna be a long ride home for the dawgs! 

1 minute ago, Yoder said:

Not seen the physically they’re gonna see Saturday from Union !

25 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Creasy will see speed rushing at him like he's not seen Saturday.

Not sure if everyone here knows that Tazewell has played Riverheads, Princeton & Graham this season. 

Not taking a shot at Union but Tazewell have seen physicality & speed. Hopefully they handle it all a little better this week.  

1 minute ago, EH31 said:

Not sure if everyone here knows that Tazewell has played Riverheads, Princeton & Graham this season. 

Not taking a shot at Union but Tazewell have seen physicality & speed. Hopefully they handle it all a little better this week.  

Different level pal !

Have to admit, never thought there would be this much chatter for this game. Feels like Tazewell/Graham, Tazewell/Richlands or Graham/Union. 

Think Union has been officially welcomed into the Taz Co family. We put the FUN in dysFUNctional.

Maybe one day, Central can join.... yeah, right! 😂