Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

37 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Not sure if everyone here knows that Tazewell has played Riverheads, Princeton & Graham this season. 

Not taking a shot at Union but Tazewell have seen physicality & speed. Hopefully they handle it all a little better this week.  

Fair enough. But they’ve been outscored 126-13 in those games. 

57 minutes ago, Yoder said:

Not seen the physically their gonna see Saturday from Union !

Riverheads, Princeton and Graham were all pretty physical.  I think Unions D Line will be a little more physical then those 3.  Hopefully the Bulldogs learned a lesson or 2 from those games.  Gotta adjust and not just do the same stuff hoping it works.

15 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Wow, he wants to be buddies.

I need to dig up my post on each M7 team’s fans for you SWD fans.
Rule #1- No one.  Absolutely no one is ever more physical or as physical as Union.  Evah!!!  Although they were complaining about RV’s dirty hits and tried to dox one of the RV kids after the game this year for being too physical with a Union player.

Graham has outmuscled and out- Unioned Union the past couple of seasons and it has killed them.  
Tazewell needs to understand that the sheer force, velocity, speed and physicality will be something they cannot comprehend nor witnessed in the history of Bulldog football.  In fact, if they had any sense they wouldn’t even show up.  Save themselves.😂

In all seriousness, the Bulldogs can’t win just by passing.  Union always has a good OL and DL. The game will be decided there.

17 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I need to dig up my post on each M7 team’s fans for you SWD fans.
Rule #1- No one.  Absolutely no one is ever more physical or as physical as Union.  Evah!!!  Although they were complaining about RV’s dirty hits and tried to dox one of the RV kids after the game this year for being too physical with a Union player.

Graham has outmuscled and out- Unioned Union the past couple of seasons and it has killed them.  
Tazewell needs to understand that the sheer force, velocity, speed and physicality will be something they cannot comprehend nor witnessed in the history of Bulldog football.  In fact, if they had any sense they wouldn’t even show up.  Save themselves.😂

In all seriousness, the Bulldogs can’t win just by passing.  Union always has a good OL and DL. The game will be decided there.

I agree, if they try to throw it 40 times, they will lose.

22 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

When the hell did this Union Tazewell rivalry start???  Have I missed the last 10 meetings???  Hope Union wins cause there’s gonna be alot of crows missing for thanksgiving 

Don’t worry if Union wins and Graham can win most of the Tazewell folks will be Union’s biggest fans next week. Those are big ifs, Union & Graham have to win. I’m not giving either the win. They’ll have to earn it like every other game. Gate City & Tazewell will fight hard to get that win too! 

11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Don’t worry if Union wins and Graham can win most of the Tazewell folks will be Union’s biggest fans next week. Those are big ifs, Union & Graham have to win. I’m not giving either the win. They’ll have to earn it like every other game. Gate City & Tazewell will fight hard to get that win too! 

Nope , we will pull for the G-Men if that’s the case . My son has friends that coach and play at Graham . 

43 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

When the hell did this Union Tazewell rivalry start???  Have I missed the last 10 meetings???  Hope Union wins cause there’s gonna be alot of crows missing for thanksgiving 

That's what I was wondering in my previous post. It's the playoffs, win or go home. Everyone is on the edge of their seat and hyping their team. Nothing wrong with that!

11 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

Nope , we will pull for the G-Men if that’s the case . My son has friends that coach and play at Graham . 

Some other Tazewell folks on this board posted they’d be cheering for Union if it came down to Union & Graham. Thanks for supporting us if it goes our way. If doesn’t our way but goes your way, I’ll definitely support the Bulldogs against Gate City! I will always cheer for our Tazewell County teams first! If a M7 ends up in state semis, I’ll cheer for them against 2C winner! 

34 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

That's what I was wondering in my previous post. It's the playoffs, win or go home. Everyone is on the edge of their seat and hyping their team. Nothing wrong with that!

Yeah just surprised not seen much trash talking on here in awhile 

1 hour ago, Duke2015 said:

I think the Creasy discussion fired up the rivalry.

Ain’t nothing like some well done crow with a side of tators & gravy 😂🤣🤣. Maybe you’ll end up with turkey & ham instead.  I’m not making it to BSG but I’ll be glued to my TV watching on NFHS Saturday! Good luck to both but I’m obviously cheering for the SWD teams this week! 

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

In all my years watching High School football, I don't think I've ever seen a kid faster then Dominick Collins.  Marquel Lowe isn't far behind.

Lowe is a stud! He should be getting offers left & right if colleges were paying attention. He’s super fun to watch too! 

9 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Some other Tazewell folks on this board posted they’d be cheering for Union if it came down to Union & Graham. Thanks for supporting us if it goes our way. If doesn’t our way but goes your way, I’ll definitely support the Bulldogs against Gate City! I will always cheer for our Tazewell County teams first! If a M7 ends up in state semis, I’ll cheer for them against 2C winner! 

I'll admit that is me.  It all comes down to being good winners.  I saw some very bad winners from the G fans on this board (not all) after the win.  So if Union fans show bad sportsmanship, I can swing right back over to Graham for the win.  Said it a million times and nothing is going to change, but it is hard to pull for a rival.  

So far the overall Union fan chatter has been respectful and kind of like Tazewell fans.  We aren't real sure what to expect so we will wait and see what happens and just look forward to a good game.

On another note, I can assure from what I heard yesterday that they are fired up and ready for this.  Now the results may not come that they want, but they have the right attitude to start with!

12 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I'll admit that is me.  It all comes down to being good winners.  I saw some very bad winners from the G fans on this board (not all) after the win.  So if Union fans show bad sportsmanship, I can swing right back over to Graham for the win.  Said it a million times and nothing is going to change, but it is hard to pull for a rival.  

So far the overall Union fan chatter has been respectful and kind of like Tazewell fans.  We aren't real sure what to expect so we will wait and see what happens and just look forward to a good game.

On another note, I can assure from what I heard yesterday that they are fired up and ready for this.  Now the results may not come that they want, but they have the right attitude to start with!

I have a lot of respect for Tazewell. I said early on if Union doesn’t play ball they will lose this game. I’m extremely excited for this one. Probably the most since the Science Hill game earlier this season. Here’s to hoping for different results than that one.. 

Just mentioning Creasy's name seems to get people fired up. Regardless of everyone's opinions on his QB abilities, Carter is a great young man that will be an asset to our area as an adult. I've seen on here a few times where people question his toughness. I can tell you he's one tough kid. He's been through to be so young on and off the field. 

I probably echo Gridiron 60 when it comes to rooting allegiance, Richlands>Tazewell >Graham>Region D, although we differ in Tazewell County order. I’ll admit besides the occasional underdog story, I find myself rooting for Union afterward simply due admiration and tradition. Besides Graham, and occasionally Ridgeview/Gate City being exceptions, there is definitely some basis to the stereotype of Union and their fans’ belief of their physicality. Over the years, I think that belief gives them the edge over most teams that are even talent wise. 
During the Mance years, I spoke with a coach who said the main difference with the kids was that they “expected to win.” 
I think that applies to Union in most games throughout the years. I buy into the belief that Union is more physical than most teams based upon my observation over time.

48 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

I probably echo Gridiron 60 when it comes to rooting allegiance, Richlands>Tazewell >Graham>Region D, although we differ in Tazewell County order. I’ll admit besides the occasional underdog story, I find myself rooting for Union afterward simply due admiration and tradition. Besides Graham, and occasionally Ridgeview/Gate City being exceptions, there is definitely some basis to the stereotype of Union and their fans’ belief of their physicality. Over the years, I think that belief gives them the edge over most teams that are even talent wise. 
During the Mance years, I spoke with a coach who said the main difference with the kids was that they “expected to win.” 
I think that applies to Union in most games throughout the years. I buy into the belief that Union is more physical than most teams based upon my observation over time.

I'm not going to pretend that Union is the only physical team out there, or that they're the only team that understands the word physicality. Graham has been pretty darn tough the last several years. I was actually surprised at how physical SH was. I expected them to be a little soft, but those LBs could lay the wood.

I think what most Bear fans are truly saying is that since 2011, Union has been incredibly consistent in their competitiveness and physicality. Are they the most physical team each and every year?...no. Are they in most of the games they play...yes. Just like you mentioned about the Richlands kids expecting to win, I think the kids from BSG and Appy are the same way. I believe the kids from Graham are too. In order to have a successful program, you have to instill that belief in the players. Mind over matter and the power of positive thinking goes a long way.