Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

10 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

One of those guys doing the picking named Brian Owens from what it appears.......literally went with the Calpreps picks, literally down to the score for both teams.  Dude needs to be more autonomous.  At least change the score a couple of points or something, good grief.  I like how they do these picks.  I'm telling ya man, Southwestern VA could learn so much from Northeast TN and West Virginia regarding HS football, media coverage, etc. 

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

One of those guys doing the picking named Brian Owens from what it appears.......literally went with the Calpreps picks, literally down to the score for both teams.  Dude needs to be more autonomous.  At least change the score a couple of points or something, good grief.  I like how they do these picks.  I'm telling ya man, southwestern VA can learn so much from Northeast TN and West Virginia regarding HS football, media coverage, etc. 

Don't take lessons from WVVA though.  Nobody tops them in ignoring teams in their back door on this side of the state line.

8 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

One of those guys doing the picking named Brian Owens from what it appears.......literally went with the Calpreps picks, literally down to the score for both teams.  Dude needs to be more autonomous.  At least change the score a couple of points or something, good grief.  I like how they do these picks.  I'm telling ya man, Southwestern VA could learn so much from Northeast TN and West Virginia regarding HS football, media coverage, etc. 

he’s a poster here. @swva_havok_fan

On 11/15/2023 at 9:38 PM, Gridiron60 said:

Some other Tazewell folks on this board posted they’d be cheering for Union if it came down to Union & Graham. Thanks for supporting us if it goes our way. If doesn’t our way but goes your way, I’ll definitely support the Bulldogs against Gate City! I will always cheer for our Tazewell County teams first! If a M7 ends up in state semis, I’ll cheer for them against 2C winner! 

I wouldn’t. When tazewell goes out, (hopefully they don’t!) Go G-Men!

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

one guy said Graham will take Gate City to the woodshed but his prediction was 38-35.  Getting taken to the woodshed had a different meaning when I was a kid 

2 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

one guy said Graham will take Gate City to the woodshed but his prediction was 38-35.  Getting taken to the woodshed had a different meaning when I was a kid 

I just want to make it out of the woodshed! Gate City will come to play. Graham better be ready! 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

he’s a poster here. @swva_havok_fan

Swvahavokfan I've read his posts on here and they are always sharp and enjoyable.  Damn it swvahokfan, put some more effort in to those picks while on the job and stop taking breaks and sliding over to swvasports while at work.  In all seriousness, if I were in swvahavokfan's position, I would do the same thing.  I know it sounds crazy, but if you take 20 or so people and have them pick football games in round 2 of the playoffs and forward, the computer is going to be more accurate in my opinion.  I can't prove that for sure, but I do believe it to be true.

23 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Important question for the Union folks, how's the concessions down there?  Great food or stop in before get there?

Concessions are good. That’s probably what I’ll eat tomorrow. 

Big Cherry Brewing Co. is right downtown near the post office. If you can slide in there they have a really cool atmosphere and the food is good. 

24 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Important question for the Union folks, how's the concessions down there?  Great food or stop in before get there?

They’re pretty good except the cold ass pizza but hot dogs not bad 

9 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

They’re pretty good except the cold ass pizza but hot dogs not bad 

Must do the same thing with pizza that we do there.  Some might like cold pizzas but me, 😝

I figure its either concessions or McDs on the way in since I know it.  Sounds like need to get there early enough for a parking spot.  If anybody is in the friendly nature stop in and say hi.  I usually try to be somewhere around the 50 yd line up high.

15 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

The pizza is excellent! I've never gotten it cold, but it would probably still be fine.

My brother-in-law gets hotdogs every week.

Popcorn is good.

There are a lot of good restaurants in BSG though, if you want to go that route.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Ate at Curklins last Dec and liked it. The pizza place there was pretty good back last summer 

Several good places. Curklins, Good Times, Moon Dog, the best Chinese place around Red Flower, Big Cherry Brewing and Black Bear BBQ in Appy. No shortage of good food

We moved out of Wise County in 2017 and lived in and around Roanoke until 2021 when we moved back into the area, but in the Tri-Cities vicinity in Tennessee. 

I visit Big Stone on occasion. Mostly to see friends and catch a few Union games.

I still haven’t been to most of the new restaurants. I have been to Curklins and I like it.

I like what the town of Big Stone has done in the last 6 years. They really stepped up when Walmart left. 

Would not mind grabbing a bite at Little Mexico. 

LET'S GO DAWGS!!!!!

Seal the edges on D,  pin the Bears back deep on their side of the field with punts.

Sure hands, quick feet, fill the gaps,  eagle eyes when  their QB is airing it out.