Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

Credit Graham. I'm surprised Union lost. 100%. Playing down there and with Union's ability on the LOS and athletically, very shocked. I thought the game would get away from Graham and Union would win by 13 to 16 points. 

Going to be much more Union and Graham action in the next 2 years..or more

4th and 3 at the 3 and getting stopped was the game ender. Union couldn’t stop Clemens but Graham couldn’t really stop Anderson either. Bears had their chance to create some distance that they sorely needed and couldn’t do it. Graham made their big plays count, Clemens gonna need some ice tomorrow tho. Kid touched the ball on almost every single Graham play. He’s a monster. 

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Credit Graham. I'm surprised Union lost. 100%. Playing down there and with Union's ability on the LOS and athletically, very shocked. I thought the game would get away from Graham and Union would win by 13 to 16 points. 

Going to be much more Union and Graham action in the next 2 years..or more

Probably true but I think RV and Tazewell may have a bit  to say about that next year as well.  

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

4th and 3 at the 3 and getting stopped was the game ender. Union couldn’t stop Clemens but Graham couldn’t really stop Anderson either. Bears had their chance to create some distance that they sorely needed and couldn’t do it. Graham made their big plays count, Clemens gonna need some ice tomorrow tho. Kid touched the ball on almost every single Graham play. He’s a monster. 

Pretty much how the pack felt last year.  Every time you think you’ve got ’em he hits a big one on you.  

Coaches improve like players. It's pretty darn clear both coaches and their coordinators have improved over the years. That's my opinion anyway. What Union was doing offensively with those different sets was high level stuff. 

It's not just the talent each team has that really causes problems for GC, Tazewell, and Ridgeview to try and close the gap in 2D, but it's the coaching also. It's as clear as day. It was a freaking chess game out there.

With Clements, it again shows what a Div 1 player can do to a HS football game. They just flip it on its head. The lick he took from Chandler was one of the harder locks I've seen this year on the long TD run in the first half and he somehow not only didn't go down, but he bolted down the sidelines for a a TD.

Hats off to Union, you can always expect a tough game & great atmosphere.  It’s a  bear of a place to play (pun intended) Union is young. they’ll be back in the thick of it next year!  Congratulations on a great football season! It really was a shame either had to lose! 

Gate folks, concession folks, fans as I was leaving were nice as could be! 

Refs lacked a lot but it went both ways. Some bad calls, some no calls, some good calls… Clements a definite difference this go around. 

I guess the final score was 33-24. Cousin Liam was the last to post a score before the end of the game. Thank you Cousin Liam.

16 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

TD run for Graham, xp good

Graham 33 Union 24

4Q 1:26

Then everyone we into their Kirk Herbstreit act. 

12 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Probably true but I think RV and Tazewell may have a bit  to say about that next year as well.  

Only if: 1) Tazewell commits to defense as much as offense, coaches and athletes

2) RV gets a new coaching staff, specifically on offensive side and defensive secondary. 

RV returns a lot of talent, but they haven’t lacked talent the last 5-7 years.  They lack the will and drive to work year round.  Tazewell has skill but they need to get those skill players to bring it on defense as swell. And they need to keep developing that DL and OL….they made improvements in the DL

2 minutes ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

I guess the final score was 33-24. Cousin Liam was the last to post a score before the end of the game. Thank you Cousin Liam.

Then everyone we into their Kirk Herbstreit act. 

LOL...You're welcome, Cousin Hoyt! 

Graham 33 Union 24 Final

Graham played well,  clements is tough but he didn't have an option.  Union's defense didn't perform up to their usual standard mainly because they refuse to adjust.  Graham passing as basic as it gets, but no adjustments on front and Graham controlled the los. Good Luck next week. Still say region c can't handle region d.

8 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I'll start it early.

I hope the refs don't cheat anyone next week

Funny how when your team wins the ref chatter stops hmmmmmm

I can’t even blame anyone for blaming the officials it’s been piss poor every week but it went both ways today it wasn’t just Graham getting the bad calls 

22 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Coaches improve like players. It's pretty darn clear both coaches and their coordinators have improved over the years. That's my opinion anyway. What Union was doing offensively with those different sets was high level stuff. 

It's not just the talent each team has that really causes problems for GC, Tazewell, and Ridgeview to try and close the gap in 2D, but it's the coaching also. It's as clear as day. It was a freaking chess game out there.

With Clements, it again shows what a Div 1 player can do to a HS football game. They just flip it on its head. The lick he took from Chandler was one of the harder locks I've seen this year on the long TD run in the first half and he somehow not only didn't go down, but he bolted down the sidelines for a a TD.

He’ll get 400 rushing yards next week.  Guys unstoppable and Union thought arm tackling would get him down 

As an outside observer that was an interesting game. Both teams played their tails off and it sucked someone had to lose. Only critique I would have was of the clock management by Union in the second half. Gotta have those timeouts late when you in a dogfight.