Power Points?

wave316

red tiger I have said all year that Central needed to improve its offense and be less one dimensional, giving Dalton some help. In the last couple weeks I have seen that with guys like Tre stepping up. The Warriors are starting to develop and are going to be s tough draw so don't think Ridgeviee is the only team improving. We'd welcome s rematch.

Ridgeview has revamped their Offense and I think would fare much better in a rematch. Doesnt look like its going to happen but I really wish it would. Thats one of 2 games I feel th Wolfpack let slip away

That first game should have been much worse than 21-7. Central turnovers really hampered them. The Warriors physically pushed the Wolfpack around, so while acknowledging that RV has improved but knowing so have the Warriors, I'd like our chances. Like you said though, the odds of a rematch are slim

Giles should beat Auburn by atleast 4 touchdowns. That Nelson kid is a brute, but hes definitely not the best rb Giles has seen this season. If Auburn had any type of passing game then the game might get interesting but you wont beat Giles by trying to run up the middle all night. They dont have the biggest line but them boys are quick and get after the ball.

Honestly looking at it from the other side RV gift wrapped a Central TD with a fumble inside there 5 yard line and gave up another at the end of the game after a hit out of bounds and the resulting 15 yard penalty both put Central in great field position and sucked the Life out of RV.

Make no mistake Centrals D played Great but RV was really lost on offence in the early season I would live to see a rematch but it will take a few upsets to make that happen

Giles should beat Auburn by atleast 4 touchdowns. That Nelson kid is a brute, but hes definitely not the best rb Giles has seen this season. If Auburn had any type of passing game then the game might get interesting but you wont beat Giles by trying to run up the middle all night. They dont have the biggest line but them boys are quick and get after the ball.

Or more. Giles could or can put up 65 aganist that defense

Or more. Giles could or can put up 65 aganist that defense

Id say they could put up 42 before starters are pulled. Thats why i have a lot of respect for that Giles program. Their coach hates shutting out opponents, which is why Giles doesnt ever have many shutouts. He gets a comfortable lead then puts back ups/jv in.

No thanks I have better things to do....been to a couple when cousin was in it and it bored the hell out of me....nothing against you band guys it was just a shot at trumpet LOL

Going to take a lot more of a shot than that to strike a nerve with me. I took that with pride, to be honest. But glad to know you were thinking of me. You're a smart fellow, though very mistaken on some things. Striking a nerve with me was a thousand times easier when I was younger. 

Unchained's son is a good, talented kid. As are about all of the Central band players.

Yeah I got no real problems with Unchained either, we have gone back and forth for years and from my POV never hold a grudge. We've said MUCH nastier things to each other back on the old LPD forum.

So its basically official at this point-with a win, Union is no worse than the #2 seed, with Appomattox potentially jumping Union with a win to end their season, as a 4A win is more valuable than a 2A win but it depends on rider points since Union has the edge right now.

Central needs Dan River to lose looks like or they will travel in round one. Gate City firmly out, with VHS or Grundy being the 16 seed. Can't see GC getting in, but maybe my math is off.

As of today, the top five seeds in 2A West would be higher rated than the highest 2A East team.

Gate City firmly out, with VHS or Grundy being the 16 seed. Can't see GC getting in, but maybe my math is off.

Unless Battle upset Union, the max they can get is 178.  Lee would get 178 in losing to Va High with automatic points included.  Can't see GC passing Lee.  If Ridgeview wins, which GC needs for max, then Lee would have at least 180; Va High would have 175 after automatic points (without upsets) if they lost to Lee, if Chilhowie beats Holston then they'd have 177 and would need Battle to beat Union for 2 more points.  GC could outpoint them in that scenario.  If Ridgeview loses to Honaker and Union beats Battle, they'd have 177 and have the possibility of 3 more points if Lee won over Va High, which would be 1 point, and Marion upsetting Abingdon giving them 2.  Possibility for GC there.  Randolph-Henry would get at least 177 if they beat Nottoway (can pick up 4 more points if upsets were pulled), they would get 1 more point for Gretna beat Nelson and maybe 2 more if Colonial Beach beats Washington & Lee.  Of course, there's always the chance Gretna and Martinsville lose, and some possibilities there.  I may be off or missing something but mathematically they can get in, will take some work though.

BW I agree about the not holding s grudge part. As for the old LPD forum days, I was such an arrogant arse beach then. How amazing his grace truly is. I don't know that individual anymore. DJ thanks for the kind words on my son. God has truly blessed me with more than I deserve with both my sons. BW is their a chance of a Union vs Martinsville matchup in round 1? If so be careful with the Bulldogs. They have to play an insane schedule and the record can be deceiving. The Central coaches are saying we are hosting, but I'm thinking Dan River has to lose. I don't care either way except I'd like the extra concessions money for out band kids, but beating Dan River at their place would work just fine:) it's been way too long since folks in Wise and Pound have celebrated a playoff football win:)

For Abingdon, I think the Blackburg win over PH-Roanoke really helped.  I didn't look at the formula, just going by the fact that PH is a 5A school with an ok record.

To the rest of AHS's opponents that we've already played......good luck Friday night :)   

In a serious note, hope that all area teams play to their maximum potential and that there aren't any injuries.  From a selfish standpoint, let me make out some of the schedules for the next few weeks......I'd stagger some games for Friday and some for Saturday.........to allow me to attend multiple games of my choice :)    Yeah, that would be nice :)

EHC, game of the week in the PD area will be Magna Vista @ GW-Danville. Both teams with a ton of athletes, MV with a Wake Forest commit and GW with a NC State commit( both are DB/WR). Will be a big time atmosphere in Danville on Friday. Also Mavahi should beat Patrick Co on Friday to finish 4-6, could easily be 7-3 as they have blown 3 4th quarter leads in losses to McMichael, Tunstall and Halifax Co. Former VT defensive end Orion Martin is got the program going in the right direction but they shouldn't be a threat to any of the SWVA powers. It's just good seeing the Dogs being competitive again. For awhile now football was just a distraction until bball started. 

EHC, game of the week in the PD area will be Magna Vista @ GW-Danville. Both teams with a ton of athletes, MV with a Wake Forest commit and GW with a NC State commit( both are DB/WR). Will be a big time atmosphere in Danville on Friday. Also Mavahi should beat Patrick Co on Friday to finish 4-6, could easily be 7-3 as they have blown 3 4th quarter leads in losses to McMichael, Tunstall and Halifax Co. Former VT defensive end Orion Martin is got the program going in the right direction but they shouldn't be a threat to any of the SWVA powers. It's just good seeing the Dogs being competitive again. For awhile now football was just a distraction until bball started. 

Definitely pulling for the Warriors over GW......gotta go with the Henry County connection :)  Martinsville has a really, really tough schedule, especially being the only 2A team in the PD. Coach Martin seems to be doing a good job in tough circumstances.  MV and Danville would not be on anyone's wish list of teams to play and Halifax is a decent 5A school.  I wish coach Bobby Dalton could have turned it around (I knew him growing up and is a fine person) but am glad that they are making progress.  I look for Devonte Holland and company to be TOUGH again this year in the 2A hoop ranks.

I gotta say Graham or James River. Martinsville has played some big, tough schools, but they dont have enough to take out the top 6. James River gave Glenvar all they wanted at the beginning of the season and gave Radford their 1st loss and beat Radford by a larger margin than Giles and Glenvar did(even though youre not suppose to go by scores). Graham has improved as the season has went on and they gave Giles a fight the 1st half when they played until their running back got hurt.

BW I agree about the not holding s grudge part. As for the old LPD forum days, I was such an arrogant arse beach then. How amazing his grace truly is. I don't know that individual anymore. DJ thanks for the kind words on my son. God has truly blessed me with more than I deserve with both my sons. BW is their a chance of a Union vs Martinsville matchup in round 1? If so be careful with the Bulldogs. They have to play an insane schedule and the record can be deceiving. The Central coaches are saying we are hosting, but I'm thinking Dan River has to lose. I don't care either way except I'd like the extra concessions money for out band kids, but beating Dan River at their place would work just fine:) it's been way too long since folks in Wise and Pound have celebrated a playoff football win:)

I think the last time Pound won a playoff game was in 1999 when they made it to the State Championship.

JJ Kelly probably last celebrated a playoff win in 1992 perhaps?