Richlands vs Graham?

Richlands Gang

What is the "taunting" you guys are referring to when Graham runs out? 

Each team has their "thing" that they all do. Look at basketball teams! Some turn the lights off and turn it into a dang circus before the game begins. 

TBH, who cares what they do. Yell, jump, throw your arms, etc., but bottom line is I doubt a lot is heard or seen from players on the field. Maybe the general "wow they are fired up" is about it. The rest is a spectacle for fans I think. 

Good for them though for having their thing. Graham really grabs the bad boy persona and runs with it.  

Like we could believe you. Aren't you the same Ryan that said Richlands' white helmets was just a "message board rumor" against Union. LOL.

I am, but I was also told by the coaching staff to throw you guys off. Knew about the helmets long before the game.

We Martinsville fans didnt notice any taunting before the game but being from southside Va, we have union card carrying taunters down this way. The G-Men did nothing even close to what we consider taunting, just looked like they were fired up to play. Come watch a Magna Vista-Mavahi or GW-Danville- Magna Vista game and you can take notes on how to talk smack. Again congrats on the wins last night and good luck to both teams this week, should be a classic

We Martinsville fans didnt notice any taunting before the game but being from southside Va, we have union card carrying taunters down this way. The G-Men did nothing even close to what we consider taunting, just looked like they were fired up to play. Come watch a Magna Vista-Mavahi or GW-Danville- Magna Vista game and you can take notes on how to talk smack. Again congrats on the wins last night and good luck to both teams this week, should be a classic

Amen.  I lived in Farmville for a while, watched the James River District teams.  Also went to several games in South-Central Virginia.  What Graham does is very tame.  I guess folks around here aren't used to it.  Lived in Richmond, watched Huguenot, Meadowbrook, Armstrong..... what Graham does is nowhere near "taunting".

Like I mentioned before, the cheerleaders at the basketball games down that way make what Graham does look very tame.

I like it.....

From the bhc last year

"The Bears received an extra dose of motivational fuel just before the game when several of the Graham players jawed at the Bears during their traditional walk across the field.

“They kind of met us at the gate coming in,†Union coach Travis Turner said. “That was kind of cool and it got our kids to step it up another gear. There were a lot of emotions tonight. This is playoff time and we decided to play some football.â€

Personally I don't oppose trash talk but it can backfire against a good team.

For out of towners going to this game.... get there EARLY to get a parking spot if you dont want to miss half the game.  If you are not familiar with the area, you can park at Bluefield College but they may charge a fee to park there.  There is quite a bit of parking at Bluefield College at the dorm behind the dome and around the loop around the college which passes by the Student Activity Center, Tennis Courts and back around to the front entrance...Little bit of a walk from there, however.  The stadium lot and Bowen Field lot (baseball field next to stadium) will probably be full by 6:00.  You could park at Food City or Dollar General Shopping Center or Wal-Mart Shopping Center, but it's a little bit of a hike to the stadium.  Dollar General Market is not quite as far.

I don't see anything wrong with this "taunting" y'all are talking about. It's playoff football. I think trash talk really hyped up the atmosphere and can get the fans involved.

I'm looking forward to this game just like everyone within a 60 mile radius is. I've only seen Richlands plays once (against Graham) and I've seen Graham a handful of times. It does not seem like they have figured out their penalty problems which could really hurt them in a game against an experienced team in Richlands.

This game will be bigger than Graham-Beaver. I wouldn't be surprised to see 12,000 fans. Graham-Beaver normally brings in 10,000 fans. Everyone will be home from college on Thanksgiving break. Me and a bunch of my friends are going and I'm sure there will be a lot of alumni from both sides showing up. It's great to see this rivalry pick back up.

Go G-Men!!!

Graham-31

Richlands-30

From the bhc last year

"The Bears received an extra dose of motivational fuel just before the game when several of the Graham players jawed at the Bears during their traditional walk across the field.

“They kind of met us at the gate coming in,†Union coach Travis Turner said. “That was kind of cool and it got our kids to step it up another gear. There were a lot of emotions tonight. This is playoff time and we decided to play some football.â€

Personally I don't oppose trash talk but it can backfire against a good team.

not only were they running their mouth to our players on our "traditional walk" they were also throwing their hands up in the air and slapping their chest (like the "come at me bro" BS) and pointing at the fanbase prior to the teams arrival

not only were they running their mouth to our players on our "traditional walk" they were also throwing their hands up in the air and slapping their chest (like the "come at me bro" BS) and pointing at the fanbase prior to the teams arrival

What is Graham supposed to do? bow down? take a knee? 

I guess im old school on this topic. I pay $6 to watch a football game not a circus. I understand the concept of getting your team fired up before a game but I believe in letting your pads do the talking. Just my opinion in no way am I butt hurt over it. I'll stay home before if it bothers me that bad. Lol

I guess im old school on this topic. I pay $6 to watch a football game not a circus. I understand the concept of getting your team fired up before a game but I believe in letting your pads do the talking. Just my opinion in no way am I butt hurt over it. I'll stay home before if it bothers me that bad. Lol

I hear ya.  I just don't think what Graham does constitutes anybody getting all upset over it.  It's their "thing", so be it.  I like it.... some do not.  Just didn't want the Graham kids being portrayed as something they are not.  They are an extremely good bunch of kids.