Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BoBob

So who makes a run at the title next year?

Recommended Posts

I think the team from St. Draft will be in the mix.  They were talented and won't lose much.

Radford should be back with some of their injuries returning but I'm not sure what they lost on the line. Special teams will still be strong. 

Central Wise made a run with a young team from what I understand.

Glenvar??  Maybe someone can share some insight on them.

Appomattox if they fill some holes on the line should be in the running. 

 

 

Whats folks thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

Wise seems to be the most complete team coming back. Graham will be younger this year than in the past but they had a pretty good jv team so if they grow up you have to throw their name in the hat. Richlands will make the play offs and then who knows the Webb kid may emerge as the best player in the region then. Ridgeview currently has the best player in the region if he doesnt run off to IMG and if the new coach can use him as a decoy to create big plays down the field then they have the opportunity to make a run. I know these are all region D teams but I dont want to speak on teams I dont know much about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 1/15/2020 at 9:58 AM, Jags52 said:

Wise seems to be the most complete team coming back. Graham will be younger this year than in the past but they had a pretty good jv team so if they grow up you have to throw their name in the hat. Richlands will make the play offs and then who knows the Webb kid may emerge as the best player in the region then. Ridgeview currently has the best player in the region if he doesnt run off to IMG and if the new coach can use him as a decoy to create big plays down the field then they have the opportunity to make a run. I know these are all region D teams but I dont want to speak on teams I dont know much about. 

Is Adkins from Ridgeview really thinking about transferring to IMG....you think he see the field very much considering all the talent from across the country come to play there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
41 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Is Adkins from Ridgeview really thinking about transferring to IMG....you think he see the field very much considering all the talent from across the country come to play there.

I didn't realize he was just a junior this year.  WOW!  He should be a force again then and if the new coach implements any kind of passing game at all....  provided they have a decent line.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Adkins team  will be the front runner again on whatever team he plays on in the Region.  I assume he probably stays at Ridgeview.  Although , it’s been rumored that he would consider playing with WEBB @ Richlands.  If he stays put ,the region will once again be pretty competitive.   Wise central will be good.  Graham, Ridgeview , Richlands , Union and Tazewell . Let’s hope Chance Harris returns 💯 , Adkins stays put , and Webb stays at Richlands.  Those 3 , Crabtree , Bradshaw , Jordan , meadows and others  will make the region good for a couple more years to come.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Adkins team  will be the front runner again on whatever team he plays on in the Region.  I assume he probably stays at Ridgeview.  Although , it’s been rumored that he would consider playing with WEBB @ Richlands.  If he stays put ,the region will once again be pretty competitive.   Wise central will be good.  Graham, Ridgeview , Richlands , Union and Tazewell . Let’s hope Chance Harris returns 💯 , Adkins stays put , and Webb stays at Richlands.  Those 3 , Crabtree , Bradshaw , Jordan , meadows and others  will make the region good for a couple more years to come.  

That’s the first time I’ve heard of him coming to Richlands. There’s usually chatter in town but I haven’t heard that one yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 1/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, Ryan4VT said:

That’s the first time I’ve heard of him coming to Richlands. There’s usually chatter in town but I haven’t heard that one yet. 

I also heard they was a kid that transferred to Richlands that maybe the Blues starting QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

Rumors floating around that Gate City is getting some transfers, haven't heard who or how many...GC could use all the help they can get!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 1/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, Tiger 2000 said:

Adkins team  will be the front runner again on whatever team he plays on in the Region.  I assume he probably stays at Ridgeview.  Although , it’s been rumored that he would consider playing with WEBB @ Richlands.  If he stays put ,the region will once again be pretty competitive.   Wise central will be good.  Graham, Ridgeview , Richlands , Union and Tazewell . Let’s hope Chance Harris returns 💯 , Adkins stays put , and Webb stays at Richlands.  Those 3 , Crabtree , Bradshaw , Jordan , meadows and others  will make the region good for a couple more years to come.  

Adkins and webb on the same team... those poor poor defenses in the southwest district... it wouldnt surprise me one bit if that kid was wearing a different helmet next year with the old ball coach leaving the ridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 1/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, HaloSports2 said:

you recruit hard enough you will get them

you let me know how the kid who transfered into richlands works out for you? from what im hearing he couldnt beat out a freshman to win the backup job at George wythe last year. curious to see if he can start for richlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

you let me know how the kid who transfered into richlands works out for you? from what im hearing he couldnt beat out a freshman to win the backup job at George wythe last year. curious to see if he can start for richlands.

Kid's family experienced a change in employment status and his parents are both Richlands natives who decided to move back home.  I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone, but this one isn't particularly compelling IMO.

As for his athletic ability....  Who knows how things will work out?  These are teenagers in public schools that we're all talking about.  All kinds of entropy involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

you let me know how the kid who transfered into richlands works out for you? from what im hearing he couldnt beat out a freshman to win the backup job at George wythe last year. curious to see if he can start for richlands.

Didn't everyone in Wythe County say the same thing about Denver Brown when he left George Wythe?  How'd that work out for Mr. Brown and Galax? 

More to the point, how'd that work out for George Wythe head to head with Mr. Brown last season......twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

X-fers take place each year. The kid at Richlands has already enrolled. I don't think he is expected to be a starting qb or a savior to the football team. I think he will probably end up be a starter somewhere on the team and add some depth  .   Coaches say kid can fill needs at a couple positions.   So no need to speculate.   Don't think George Wythe cares one way or the other.   Kids transfer to better themselves or for family reasons   . Very seldom do kids x-fer to any school (High School) just because a coach recruits them    Coaches are opportunistic , and usually no successful coach refuses another warm body for his program if one presents itself.

More importantly ,     who is going to be the favorites in each of the areas  2A districts next fall?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

X-fers take place each year. The kid at Richlands has already enrolled. I don't think he is expected to be a starting qb or a savior to the football team. I think he will probably end up be a starter somewhere on the team and add some depth  .   Coaches say kid can fill needs at a couple positions.   So no need to speculate.   Don't think George Wythe cares one way or the other.   Kids transfer to better themselves or for family reasons   . Very seldom do kids x-fer to any school (High School) just because a coach recruits them    Coaches are opportunistic , and usually no successful coach refuses another warm body for his program if one presents itself.

More importantly ,     who is going to be the favorites in each of the areas  2A districts next fall?

 

As for the SWD, you could pick any one of Graham, Tazewell, or Richlands and it would be justifiable.  Lebanon would likely be a distant 4th.  Since Virginia High can't seem to put anything around Stevie Thomas, I'll peg them for 5th.  Marion could be historically bad, as in "almost a mortal lock to go 0-10" bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
On 1/28/2020 at 7:09 AM, footballfanatic said:

you let me know how the kid who transfered into richlands works out for you? from what im hearing he couldnt beat out a freshman to win the backup job at George wythe last year. curious to see if he can start for richlands.

I was just told that that a kid that played QB last year had move to Richlands..I think the kid that was the Blues back up QB last year will end up being a good one the next 2 years...he sure was blessed with the size and arm strength from what lil I got to see him last year..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
On 1/29/2020 at 3:13 PM, #1BLUESFAN said:

I was just told that that a kid that played QB last year had move to Richlands..I think the kid that was the Blues back up QB last year will end up being a good one the next 2 years...he sure was blessed with the size and arm strength from what lil I got to see him last year..

The kid that started at QB for GW? I forget his name but he put up excellent numbers for a pretty good team. I thought he was a senior?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...