Union/Graham

Gridiron60

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’d say Tony Palmer and his assistants will have his team well prepared. I just hope he’s held back some offensive stuff and throws some surprises Union’s way. If it comes down like it did the past two games between Union & Graham, I might should stand near the Rescue Squad ambulance to watch because I may have a coronary. 

Gridiron, the poster T8KN had a good post on potentially why Graham hasn't focused much on the intermediate passing game, and maybe that's the reason.  I don't know.  If you go back and watch the Graham-Union game from earlier, in the second half, the middle of the field is open.  It will be open even more in my opinion in this game.  It's a given that Union is going to be playing so far back it won't be funny in an attempt to not get beat long.  Maybe the G-Men insert some of those 15 yard curls and sit down routes.  If they do that, Union is going to have a long, long day at Mitchell Stadium.  Got to hand it to Graham's QB.  Bradshaw, Meadows, Clements, and Watkins get a bunch of love and deservingly so, but Graham's QB is a big-bruising type runner with great feet, and he's very durable.  

Hoping for a Graham win. Not knowing anything about the other region's teams, i feel Graham is best equipped to go all the way. They are more diverse in what they can do. Always a plus when you have an athlete like Bradshaw. 

If either team can get ahead like Virginia High did against Union, it will probably not end well for the other team. This game should show who has really improved since the first meeting. 

At this point,  nobody should be able to survive 14pt deficit within the first 5 min of a game.  Stakes too high,  only good teams left.  2 different styles but as far as diversity goes,  I think Graham and union have things they're great at and things they're not.  Against each other, should be another great one.  Most games come down to doing the basics well.  Ball control,  special teams, turnovers, tackling, etc. Won't even mention time management lol.  Both got hit late by in the waning seconds with scores to close. Good luck to both,  either will do great if they can pull off 2D.

47 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I know you Graham guys think this will be close but there's a reason why theres not much Union chatter on here.

Ok @goose111874 you are one of my favorite posters on here but this whole reverse psychology you been peddling for a few weeks isn't working😂. Union will be ready.

33 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

You are very very good Goose. Weren't you echoing similar stuff back in the spring in the week before the game. 

It’s reverse psychology, I tell you! Trying to psyche us Graham fans out! 😂 

12 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Im hoping for a Union win so if Appo makes it that far in playoffs we dont have to travel. 

Not a given that Graham or Union will win Region D.  I'm sure Central and Ridgeview will have a lot to say about it.  Region D has a lot of depth this season.  Whoever comes out on top will be battle tested for sure.  But I am hoping for Graham to continue to win, it's a short drive to watch some good football.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

It’s reverse psychology, I tell you! Trying to psyche us Graham fans out! 😂 

No in all fairness IF they play 4 quarters they can win but it's been awhile since they've done it 🤞

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

The one thing I can say for sure is this—-Bradshaw will not get to touch the ball on a punt or kickoff , unless he is standing out of bounds

Alot of people were mad Friday when Union kept kicking off out of bounds but I'd rather give team the ball at the 35 than kick to any speedsters.  Most of time in highschool ball that's close to where they end up anyways

17 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Alot of people were mad Friday when Union kept kicking off out of bounds but I'd rather give team the ball at the 35 than kick to any speedsters.  Most of time in highschool ball that's close to where they end up anyways

Can the receiving team elect to back up the kicking team 5 yards instead of taking it at the 35?

41 minutes ago, FootballFan77 said:

Does anyone know if the Hughes kid is going to be playing this week? I noticed he hasn’t played the last couple of weeks. Graham will need him against Union for blocking and as LB. 

Believe both kids were held out as a precaution. I think both could've played last week. Save them til you need them.