Week 5 Scores & Updates

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, Gmen2021 said:

Why risk injury? Its been known to cost teams State Titles

Exactly, common sense! That’s smart on any coach’s part when a game is well in hand. Who really cares if the other team scores on your JV? Our defense held them to zero until subs. No one went home injured. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Exactly, common sense! That’s smart on any coach’s part when a game is well in hand. Who really cares if the other team scores on your JV? Our defense held them to zero until subs. No one went home injured. 

Happy we get a W with no injuries and at  least I don't have to read any more Union BS this week. 

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

At least you guys have an offensive playbook with more than 5 plays

Richlands went for it on 4th & 9, 4th &7 and another 4th and long and ran the ball all three times. Mind boggling to say the least. If Richlands were to play Gate City and Grundy again they would lose easily.

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

The only calls the Bears need to make is to their mama because GC was their daddy tonight!

They're horrible I'm shocked Graham didn't beat them by 30 but Ridgeview will embarrass them and probably Abingdon and Central

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

They're horrible I'm shocked Graham didn't beat them by 30 but Ridgeview will embarrass them and probably Abingdon and Central

Had Graham passed more, they probably would have. I dread RV. They'll pass all over us.

We definitely need to do some tackling drills too.

RV won 40-14 but it really wasn’t that close.  They had two TDs taken off the board by penalties, fumbled into the end zone for a touchback and fired a bad snap 14 yards behind the QB while on the Lee three yard line.  
They’ve got a good mix of running, deep shots to Beavers and Counts and working Hill underneath in the LBs.  O’Quinn creates such problems in the run game.  They have to stop shooting their selves in the foot, though. They took 28 points off the board tonight.

I still don’t feel like the RV coaching staff has their horse in front of the cart.  Why in the hell do they go four wide and then run the QB over to the sideline to get the play?  Why don’t they try to isolate their big play WRs on single coverage. Time mgt and play calling seem like a big struggle.  Man….a lot of coaches around the region would love to have that talent though.

7 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

RV won 40-14 but it really wasn’t that close.  They had two TDs taken off the board by penalties, fumbled into the end zone for a touchback and fired a bad snap 14 yards behind the QB while on the Lee three yard line.  
They’ve got a good mix of running, deep shots to Beavers and Counts and working Hill underneath in the LBs.  O’Quinn creates such problems in the run game.  They have to stop shooting their selves in the foot, though. They took 28 points off the board tonight.

I still don’t feel like the RV coaching staff has their horse in front of the cart.  Why in the hell do they go four wide and then run the QB over to the sideline to get the play?  Why don’t they try to isolate their big play WRs on single coverage. Time mgt and play calling seem like a big struggle.  Man….a lot of coaches around the region would love to have that talent though.

Yeah man, I feel your pain. Until they start spreading the ball around and quit trying to FORCE it to only 2 of the 4 receivers they are going to struggle and only hold themselves back offensively. Their choice in play calling and player personnel is questionable at best. Thank God they have the talent to overcome weaker competition. They have a chance to be special but the coaching staff can't get out of their own way.