Ridgeview at Gate City

Wolf1207

I honestly can see this one going either way. Should be a heck of a game. What a great way for a district title to be decided, last game of the regular season-if it comes down to the last play of game like Glenvar & Radford, even better!! Love those type of games! Good luck to both. 

18 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think Ridgeview wins its first outright district title next week.  And that's as far as I will go with it, since both on here and on the Tennessee message board I've ruffled some feathers in the last 24 hours with "real talk".

Don't worry about it pal...some people are just soft

But I must have missed here you said on here 

14 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think Ridgeview wins its first outright district title next week.  And that's as far as I will go with it, since both on here and on the Tennessee message board I've ruffled some feathers in the last 24 hours with "real talk".

I’m going to ruffle your feathers by saying Steve Ragsdale will always be superior to James Colley. 

2 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m going to ruffle your feathers by saying Steve Ragsdale will always be superior to James Colley. 

Lol.  2-0 in the all time coaching matchup.  I guess you got me on that one.  But looking it up on Four Seasons, wasn't that 2005 semifinal at Sandlick?  Not Pearisburg @Bluefield researcher?

I missed that game because I got married to my first wife that very day.  Big mistake that was.  Lol

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Lol.  2-0 in the all time coaching matchup.  I guess you got me on that one.  But looking it up on Four Seasons, wasn't that 2005 semifinal at Sandlick?  Not Pearisburg @Bluefield researcher?

I missed that game because I got married to my first wife that very day.  Big mistake that was.  Lol

Yep that was at Haysi. The first time I had ever been there. Never seen so much mud at a football game lol

For a 7-2 football team that is about to play for the District Title, Calpreps still doesn't like Gate City a whole lot.  It favors Ridgeview winning by 2 TD's 28-14.  I agree.  I like GC football, always have, and I'm glad they are almost back to old form and the future at GC clearly looks pretty dang good with what they have coming in the tank led by Houseright, but I still think they are 1 year away from being dangerous.  I'm going with Ridgeview by 7 points over GC.  I could be wrong though.  RV has real internal problems going on that no computer model can predict or plan for, much less does the computer in California know about it.  The above is only my opinion.

I think Ridgeview’s defense wins this game for them. They will have the advantage in the trenches with experience from last weeks game against a really good group of linemen. I’d like to think they’d come out with a little piss and vinegar behind them after their first loss of the season. Gate City is certainly game though, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they win a close one. 

If GC throws on RV they will score 20+.  If they only run or stay mostly run oriented they will score <20.  Packs offense, as always, will be limited by play calling.  Who freakin’ knows.

21 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Real talk ruffle feathers  or not.  Coach Ragsdale is one of the greats.  Played for Rags and later played against a Colley coach team.  I’ve said for years longevity does not equal greatness.  Every sport included.  

2 minutes ago, Bandana Knight said:

Real talk ruffle feathers  or not.  Coach Ragsdale is one of the greats.  Played for Rags and later played against a Colley coach team.  I’ve said for years longevity does not equal greatness.  Every sport included.  

Are you the little brother to @BandanaVTDavis4321 by chance?

Lol not hardly!!! Idk could be idk who he is.  But I was there from the beginning.  Completely changed the football culture in less than two seasons.  There have been up’s and downs over the past 43 years with that program but the foundation Rags laid down is still in tack.  Still a very good and loyal fan base.

9 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

If GC throws on RV they will score 20+.  If they only run or stay mostly run oriented they will score <20.  Packs offense, as always, will be limited by play calling.  Who freakin’ knows.

Let’s get you a sign that says, “I am Rob Beavers.”  It has been obvious all year.

10 hours ago, Footballfan110 said:

Let’s get you a sign that says, “I am Rob Beavers.”  It has been obvious all year.

I know SwvaOG well and I know Rob vaguely and I know Brian vaguely. SwvaOG is not Rob. He's a Ridgeview fan with common sense. You don't have to be a smart person to understand that not getting the ball to Beavers 12 touches per game minimum is lunacy. SwvaOG isn't the only RV fan spouting that view. Over 6 or 7 of them have including myself all the way from Ripplemead, have been saying the same thing, and we are RIGHT in doing so. 

Let say for argument purposes that SwvaOG was Rob Beavers (and he is not by the way, but let's say he was), would that make the statements he's made untrue? He could be Jesus, The Devil, Putin, Trump, or Mickey Mouse and it doesn't change the truth of the content. He's spot on.