2022 Score Updates Week 4 Playoffs State Semifinals

Liam McPoyle

Just now, SwvaOG said:

Did a poorly coached Ridgeview have the best offense Graham has seen?

Appomattox started coaching like Ridgeview in the second half. Why do coaches think they can drop in the shotgun and run deep routes on Graham? Their defensive line isn’t going to allow it.

Congrats Graham. If you beat Appo back to back, that's incredible. Other teams in Class 2 just don't do that. Graham is a bad outfit. Also, Graham NEVER turned over today that I recall. How many times does Appo usually win the turnover battle? Hell of a football team and who runs it best usually wins it. Graham can run it!

Well done Gmen

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I predicted GW to win but not by that much. No team in 1C or 1D have an answer for GW this season. Essex or Riverheads will probably take them to the woodshed next week though. 

People thought the same about buster douglas 

9 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

How many TOs Appo finish with 

5, but really 3. The last one by Pennix in the final 1.5 minutes didn't matter as game was all but over. Another one by the fake punt in which Appo wasn't going to get that fake punt even if he completed it and it was desperation. Graham would have got good field position and I don't think Graham scored with the short field after the fake punt int, so really....Appo had 3 that truly mattered. 

31 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Appomattox started coaching like Ridgeview in the second half. Why do coaches think they can drop in the shotgun and run deep routes on Graham? Their defensive line isn’t going to allow it.

On the back end it makes sense, 1 on 1 coverage across the board but the problem, like you said, is you don't have the time for that. 

Grahams DL is incredibly good, every one of them are very good and as a group they don't have a soft spot

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

5, but really 3. The last one by Pennix in the final 1.5 minutes didn't matter as game was all but over. Another one by the fake punt in which Appo wasn't going to get that fake punt even if he completed it and it was desperation. Graham would have got good field position and I don't think Graham scored with the short field after the fake punt int, so really....Appo had 3 that truly mattered. 

What you say is true but each turnover takes a potential scoring drive frome you and takes time off the. Clock.all a disadvantage to your team.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

First down Graham now for roughing the passer by Appo. For the love of God. Clements in Wildcat, give ball to him every play. 

That's what I kept thinking.  What was with all the different formations.  Run Clements in the wildcat with that power formation, good grief.

Central is massive on the OL.  Central will be the biggest football team and most physical football Graham has faced this year.  The team they played today in Poquoson had a grand total of 2 players on their football team that weighed over 200 lbs.  (This is what the Central Radio Play by Play guy said pregame).

Graham will have issues running straight at them in my opinion, but should have great success getting the edge on Central.  Central is not fast in the secondary compared to Appo if Clements gets past the initial front 7, but Central pounds the football and controls clock.   I think Graham wins it close, but it won't be easy.

Central is also a team that has 23 seniors and returned 19 of 22 starters from a team last year that gave King William an absolute battle in the state semifinal game, so they are absolutely no slouch.  The same team that beat KW last week in Poquoson just got taken apart today, so they are for real, and loaded with senior starters, so that makes for a very dangerous and difficult team.

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham has something they don’t have though, lots of speed! 🤞 They are big & strong though , that’s a fact! 

I agree.  Central reminds me a lot of Union from what I've seen.  Just a little bigger.  Even their DB's are big and tall.  They are the type of team that will 4 or 5 yard you to death, then bust one for 20.  They don't have the speed that Graham has, but they didn't have the speed that Strasburg had either and they put a whooping on them, by winning the line of scrimmage.  Going to be another dogfight next week.

5 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The state championship was played today at Mitchell. Graham wins big next week. 

Central of Woodstock has a lot to say about that, they are big, physical and the type of team that could beat Graham because of their style of play.

28 minutes ago, redtiger said:

On the back end it makes sense, 1 on 1 coverage across the board but the problem, like you said, is you don't have the time for that. 

Grahams DL is incredibly good, every one of them are very good and as a group they don't have a soft spot

You have to do outs, curls and comebacks.  That is something RV did last year but, for some reason, wouldn’t deploy this year.  That coaching staff LOVED the deep ball too much.

2 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

You have to do outs, curls and comebacks.  That is something RV did last year but, for some reason, wouldn’t deploy this year.  That coaching staff LOVED the deep ball too much.

Agree, you don't have time against a team like Graham to go deep with the ball, they don't give the QB enough time and makes him scramble and forces a lot of mistakes or gets the sack.

9 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The state championship was played today at Mitchell. Graham wins big next week. 

I totally agree, Graham is becoming what Appomattox has been last few seasons.  I see a 4 out of 5 state championships coming.  No one in D will be able to beat em next couple years