Radford’s bleachers

SWVAgridiron

18 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

What in the hell is going on at these stadiums?

Not to sound as Debbie Downer or too pessimistic, but there's no question that we have an aging infrastructure in the US.  It's not just high school stadiums, but buildings, bridges, etc.  I read something a while back where an engineer was giving warnings about upcoming bridge collapses as a more common occurrence and things of that sort.  

I'm afraid this is just the start. Many stadiums in our area have concrete grandstands, particularly ones constructed from the 1930s through the late '70s. Most of these bleachers have reached or exceeded the typical lifespan of exterior concrete.  

Don't get me started on this one.  There was a small hole between a riser and some seating where the band sat and a few places where it is sagging between the supports.  The original plan our brilliant former superintendent had was to move the first couple games until construction was complete.  The families(especially seniors) found out and got them to come up with alternative solutions.  Seniors missing home football games was not an option.   The next one was to close the home side and put everyone on the visitor side while the home side was being worked on.  Then during the season switch and close the visitor side to complete it.  Now that they are STILL waiting on the bleachers to arrive, they decided the visitor side isn't safe enough(even though they were going to start everyone over there).  The loss of common sense in this world just baffles me.    There is lots more to the story but I'll just end it there.  GW fans were good last weekend as far as I have heard.  There are a couple games where it will be interesting having everyone on the same side.

7 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Maybe it is just an opportunity for everyone to learn how to behave?

Are you saying that since we expect good sportsmanship on the field the same should apply in the stands?? That's an awful lot to ask for on a Friday night.

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It use to baffle me, but not anymore. I'm able to deal with it better by expecting it as par for the course with about 50 percent of the population.

I had a boss told me to lower my expectations of other people and I'll be much happier and he is right.