Week 6 Scores/Updates

Graham32

2 hours ago, RedPrideNation said:

Damn that flipped quickly from congratulations a couple of pages ago to whatever this last dozen responses have been. 
Lots of season left but the most significant or talked about wins so far are:

Woodstock at home over Riverheads 8-7

Union on road over Graham 27-14

Radford on road over Glenvar 36-3

Riverheads at home over Christiansburg 24-21

Poquoson is better than their record but I can’t see the champion coming from outside of the teams I have mentioned in this reply including them

And to be more clear Clarke is good and may be added to the discussion if they handle Woodstock this week at home. Along with Ridgeview if they beat Union. As a fan, those two teams are usually good but I don’t see them as top tier. Just my opinion and based on nothing other than that. 

Either way it’s fun to read this board and the bluster week in and week out. You guys hate each other but hate anyone outside of SWVA even more and that I respect the hell out of. 

Good luck the rest of the way 

Riverheads is like the former Alabama and New England Patriots. We respect you because of your success, but we love it when you lose. You should consider it a compliment. Yes we hate you, but we do so out of respect for you. ❤️ However, in a not so respectful way we hate whoever in the Gladiator administration appealed to stay 1A. 

Well we will likely be hated again because our adm numbers are going to put us back in 1A if I was a betting man. The way that works is total bs and there are a number of better ways to divide the classifications but it’s a money game for that bunch IMO. For me, I am fine either way to be honest but as much as we had a pile of success in football, it never translated to other sports.  We made good runs but not as many as I would associate with being the “bully”, lol. Not saying any of this for sympathy just saying that I would bet there are three other school within your coverage area that have more or have had more kids than we had during this last 6-8 years. 

Just glad we didn’t win the appeal so now you guys can hate on one of your own in Grayson. I need to know who their lawyer was though………..lol

All kidding aside I do enjoy coming on this board for the back and forth. You guys are hard core and don’t mind getting real. That’s a tab bit lost nowadays. 

16 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

Well we will likely be hated again because our adm numbers are going to put us back in 1A if I was a betting man. The way that works is total bs and there are a number of better ways to divide the classifications but it’s a money game for that bunch IMO. For me, I am fine either way to be honest but as much as we had a pile of success in football, it never translated to other sports.  We made good runs but not as many as I would associate with being the “bully”, lol. Not saying any of this for sympathy just saying that I would bet there are three other school within your coverage area that have more or have had more kids than we had during this last 6-8 years. 

Just glad we didn’t win the appeal so now you guys can hate on one of your own in Grayson. I need to know who their lawyer was though………..lol

All kidding aside I do enjoy coming on this board for the back and forth. You guys are hard core and don’t mind getting real. That’s a tab bit lost nowadays. 

Oh yes I have hate towards GW and Graysons administration as well for appealing. It’s not just Riverheads that appealed. They were the only ones that appealed and lost. 

On 9/29/2023 at 9:17 PM, BigWinners said:

I think there’s a couple teams, especially one with a generational QB and much improved line play, that would take umbrage with that. Radford had the second most impressive win on the night, undefeated and will have, IMO, best player on field even if CCC healthy. 

Yeh for real. People just hyping Riverheads up again. Not saying theyre a bad team. But who's Christiansburg? Looks like they've had a cupcake schedule so far. So i dont think beating them calls for the best win in 2A. 

9 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Yeh for real. People just hyping Riverheads up again. Not saying theyre a bad team. But who's Christiansburg? Looks like they've had a cupcake schedule so far. So i dont think beating them calls for the best win in 2A. 

I've always been one to give Riverheads props.  Fantastic program from great coaching to great football players.  What they have accomplished has been super impressive.  Preseason, I had Riverheads vs Poquoson in the East Semi's and I'm staying with that pick.  I respect Riverheads a ton.  I'm also staying with the pick that Union or Graham will win the state title and if those two don't, it will be be someone from the West (Radford).  I think the West is far better than the East for this year, 2023.  That's not to say Riverheads, Central, Clarke, Poquoson aren't good, but I think the West is much better.  We will see how it turns out.  Lots of football left.  

13 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Who really thinks they got that timeout called with 1 second left? 😂😂😂 Maybe a little home cooking there…JK. He wasn’t even down yet for the whistle to be blown. But yeah, a heck of a game & win! 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Who really thinks they got that timeout called with 1 second left? 😂😂😂 Maybe a little home cooking there…JK. He wasn’t even down yet for the whistle to be blown. But yeah, a heck of a game & win! 

I looked at my ole lady and was like look at this sh*t the guy wans't even down yet they got a timeout called with 1 second to go. lmao. 

35 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

I looked at my ole lady and was like look at this sh*t the guy wans't even down yet they got a timeout called with 1 second to go. lmao. 

I had a Central fan tell me this week that "if you take away, CCC, Riverheads is just a good team and not a challenger for the Region title." I told him that I don't do "the takeaway argument."  It's the craziest argument I've ever heard. CCC plays for Riverheads just like Clark plays for Radford. You can't pick and choose and "take away' players. 

IF you "take away" John McEnroe's serve and volley game, he would have been just an average tennis player. If you "take away" LeBron on that Cleveland tram that won the title, they are just an above average team, lol. Just makes no sense to me.

40 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Agree.  They had 8 seconds before that play started, there's no way there was any time left after that play.  The clock operator deserves a game ball.

Monday Night Football

Vero Beach at Fort Pierce Central in a game ppd from Friday.

Vero Beach 7

FPC 6

11:52 

2nd

Stunning game so far. This would be akin to Northwood trailing Graham or Union by 1 in the 2nd. 

Vero Beach 30

FPC 6

Half

It was nice seeing the kids from FPC so fired up early on, but their hopes died with a flurry of special teams errors that led to 16 quick points for Vero. Beautiful night for football though. A little windy, but 82 degrees and low (for South Florida) humidity. 

13 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I've always been one to give Riverheads props.  Fantastic program from great coaching to great football players.  What they have accomplished has been super impressive.  Preseason, I had Riverheads vs Poquoson in the East Semi's and I'm staying with that pick.  I respect Riverheads a ton.  I'm also staying with the pick that Union or Graham will win the state title and if those two don't, it will be be someone from the West (Radford).  I think the West is far better than the East for this year, 2023.  That's not to say Riverheads, Central, Clarke, Poquoson aren't good, but I think the West is much better.  We will see how it turns out.  Lots of football left.  

RIverheads is what you get if 2019-2021 Central Warriors were 1A. 

• 1 month later...