New Head Coach at Richlands

Blue Tornado

55 minutes ago, land_rider said:

No need for interviews they already know who’s going to be the HC , they just want someone to fill the position win or lose ! 

I think legally they have to post the job and do interviews even if they know which of the applicants they want to fill the position. 

10 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

SUGGESTED, SPECTULATED AND RUMORED NAMES OF RICHLANDS NEXT COACH

Current/Former Coaches with SWVA ties

Aaron Lowe      

Brannon Breeding   

Chris Akers

Craig Plymal  AKA” Graig” Plymal

Dennis Vaught AKA Dennis “Vault”

Dwayne Stanley  

Freddie Simon   

Fritz Simon   

Gary Collier

Greg Mance   

Jack Ginn

Jack Turner 

Jimmy McGee   

Keener Fry  

Keith Warner   

Mark Dixon

Mike Compton

Mike Rhodes

Monty Chipman

Ronnie Davis   

School Board Supervisor of Secondary Education

Shane Wicks   

Snake Palmer

Thad Wells, Blacksburg, Mooresville, Richlands, UVA,  Lakewood Christian

Todd Tiller

Tommy "Runs Like Deer" Crigger  

Current/Former Coaches Outside Area

Robert Casto (Riverheads)

College/NFL Coaches

Bill Belichick

Jim Harbaugh

Jimbo Fisher

Justin Fuente

SWVA Sports members

RyanVT    

SwvaOG

The Mayor   

Actors/Fictional Coaches/TV Movie Characters

Bud Kilmer, West Canaan Coyotes , Varsity Blues

Rick Vice, Pullham Univ. Blue Cocks, Division III

Coach Klien, SCLSU Mud Dogs , The Water Boy

Billy Bob Thorton as Gary Gaines, Permian Panthers, FNL,  Karl Childers, Sling Blade

John Crist, Unknown team, Brutally Honest Coach

Ricky Bobby

Ghostly Visages and Holograms from Sorcerers or Meth Heads

Ernie Hicks

Undisclosed

An Unnamed SWD Coach

A familiar name with Blues ties

A former player from one of the state championship teams

Someone across Davis Mountain

Suggested Hires

One of the M7 coaches looking to move up

One of the Buchanan Co coaches looking for a job due to consolidation

Someone outside the area

Someone with football knowledge and a proven record

Any of the “experts” on Facebook

One of the current assistants

One of the current assistants’ daddy

Miscellaneous/Other

Anyone enticed by the Mayor's empty, never been flooded trailer in the bottom within walking distance of not one, but two Dollar Generals   

This is absolutely amazing. Chefs kiss. 

10 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

SUGGESTED, SPECTULATED AND RUMORED NAMES OF RICHLANDS NEXT COACH

Current/Former Coaches with SWVA ties

Aaron Lowe      

Brannon Breeding   

Chris Akers

Craig Plymal  AKA” Graig” Plymal

Dennis Vaught AKA Dennis “Vault”

Dwayne Stanley  

Freddie Simon   

Fritz Simon   

Gary Collier

Greg Mance   

Jack Ginn

Jack Turner 

Jimmy McGee   

Keener Fry  

Keith Warner   

Mark Dixon

Mike Compton

Mike Rhodes

Monty Chipman

Ronnie Davis   

School Board Supervisor of Secondary Education

Shane Wicks   

Snake Palmer

Thad Wells, Blacksburg, Mooresville, Richlands, UVA,  Lakewood Christian

Todd Tiller

Tommy "Runs Like Deer" Crigger  

Current/Former Coaches Outside Area

Robert Casto (Riverheads)

College/NFL Coaches

Bill Belichick

Jim Harbaugh

Jimbo Fisher

Justin Fuente

SWVA Sports members

RyanVT    

SwvaOG

The Mayor   

Actors/Fictional Coaches/TV Movie Characters

Bud Kilmer, West Canaan Coyotes , Varsity Blues

Rick Vice, Pullham Univ. Blue Cocks, Division III

Coach Klien, SCLSU Mud Dogs , The Water Boy

Billy Bob Thorton as Gary Gaines, Permian Panthers, FNL,  Karl Childers, Sling Blade

John Crist, Unknown team, Brutally Honest Coach

Ricky Bobby

Ghostly Visages and Holograms from Sorcerers or Meth Heads

Ernie Hicks

Undisclosed

An Unnamed SWD Coach

A familiar name with Blues ties

A former player from one of the state championship teams

Someone across Davis Mountain

Suggested Hires

One of the M7 coaches looking to move up

One of the Buchanan Co coaches looking for a job due to consolidation

Someone outside the area

Someone with football knowledge and a proven record

Any of the “experts” on Facebook

One of the current assistants

One of the current assistants’ daddy

Miscellaneous/Other

Anyone enticed by the Mayor's empty, never been flooded trailer in the bottom within walking distance of not one, but two Dollar Generals   

🏆You win! 🏆

Not sure of the reliable source, but I heard, that someone heard, that someone told sombody who heard it from a close friend, who was told by a reliable source that the announcement would happen before Christmas break.  No mention of who would be announcing or what year it woud be announced, but it's going to be announced.

Not related to Richlands new head coach but head coach nonetheless in our area.

“Introducing Mount View High School’s new head coach for your Golden Knights football program. William King. King who played Quarterback in high school helped lead two teams to a AAA State Championship. One his Jr year at Charleston High. Then his Senior year at Capitol High. Then he went on to play at Marshall University. Where he is one of the most decorated defensive players in Marshall football history. He helped them in 1992 to a Division 1-AA National Championship. He was a Consensus All-American. He was named Southern Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 1993. As a senior , he totaled up 178 tackles which is still second highest in program history. He finished his distinguished career with a total of 443 tackles putting  him at 4th all time in Marshall’s history. In 2012 , he was inducted into the Marshall Athletic Hall of Fame.” 

(Social Media Announcement)

31 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not related to Richlands new head coach but head coach nonetheless in our area.

“Introducing Mount View High School’s new head coach for your Golden Knights football program. William King. King who played Quarterback in high school helped lead two teams to a AAA State Championship. One his Jr year at Charleston High. Then his Senior year at Capitol High. Then he went on to play at Marshall University. Where he is one of the most decorated defensive players in Marshall football history. He helped them in 1992 to a Division 1-AA National Championship. He was a Consensus All-American. He was named Southern Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 1993. As a senior , he totaled up 178 tackles which is still second highest in program history. He finished his distinguished career with a total of 443 tackles putting  him at 4th all time in Marshall’s history. In 2012 , he was inducted into the Marshall Athletic Hall of Fame.” 

(Social Media Announcement)

The real question is will all those accolades be enough to keep their players from coming across the state line? Asking for a friend. Haha 

13 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

With Thorton at the helm, at least Richlands will still be "slinging" it around the yard.

They'd be "killin'" it out there.

One downside: every pregame meal would consist of mustard and biscuits, potted meat, and french fried taters. 

4 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

Not sure of the reliable source, but I heard, that someone heard, that someone told sombody who heard it from a close friend, who was told by a reliable source that the announcement would happen before Christmas break.  No mention of who would be announcing or what year it woud be announced, but it's going to be announced.

Same thing I’m hearing 

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin' around
They say you got a boyfriend
You're out late every weekend
They're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down

But I know the neighborhood
And talk is cheaper when the story is good
And the tales grow taller on down the line
But I'm telling you, babe
That I don't think it's true, babe
And even if it is, keep this in mind

You take it on the run, baby
If that's the way you want it, baby
Then I don't want you around
I don't believe it
Not for a minute
You're under the gun
So you take it on the run

REO Speedwagon has entered the discussion. 

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl that..." ~Simone Adamley 

13 hours ago, sixcat said:

I'm hearing rumors that, in an unprecedented act of revenge, Richlands has pulled off the unthinkable and hired Stephen Maganbauer as the ultimate "eff you" to Salem. 

image.jpeg.4560c47e66c85ff356e6d7557b6114a2.jpeg

UPDATE: The Maganbauer hire hit a snag after this man was spotted lurking around the equipment room at Ernie Hicks.

TCSB is waiting until the Alabama wins the championship to contact one of Saban's assistants to offer the HC position, and why not, all other college teams seem to gather up his assistants, Kirby Smart and Lane Kiffen, for example.  Might be a good move! 

With all this speculation and prognostication that has been posted on here for about a month, give or take. Common Sense would be that they have a name for the next School Board Meeting so they can vote on and hire before the next semester of school which would start in January. As for Common Sense, The Mayor of the Trailer Park would be the best as to enlighten us on the Levels and Degrees of Common Sense in Tazewell County on such matters.  Then again, whoever they hire may not be able to come until May or June. 

TCSB is waiting until the Alabama wins the championship to contact one of Saban's assistants to offer the HC position, and why not, all other college teams seem to gather up his assistants, Kirby Smart and Lane Kiffen, for example.  Might be a good move! 

Grundy wrestling is the only one that can pull a move like that off. 

On 12/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, Liam McPoyle said:

They'd be "killin'" it out there.

One downside: every pregame meal would consist of mustard and biscuits, potted meat, and french fried taters. 

Downside? 

Sounds like some good eatin'!

Once again it's only a rumor but only Five applicants, Mike Compton, and Ronnie Davis are the two leading applicants according to what I have heard.  A John Battle assistant, and a former player with Emory connections are also being considered, along with a Richlands assistant, but Compton and Davis are leading with Davis being the most favorable with the TCSB according to the rumor mill.  

The next question with Davis would be, How long will he stay, brfore jumping ship?  With Compton, how will the situation at UVA Wise affect his decision?

20 minutes ago, 44cov3 said:

Former player with Emory Ties.....Thad Wells fits that bill lol

Also: Cain Ringstaff, Caleb Jennings, Jeremy Keene, Josh Keene, I'm sure their are others but those just came to my head.

Lakeway ChristianAcademy, has an amazing campus, with super athletic facilities, and close to Douglas Lake. I stopped by, from my visit to Knoxville. I don't think Coach Wells, would trade that to the Blue Tornado facilities.