Virginia Playoffs: Take One.

Queue

9 minutes ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Gotta get them stats 

Creasy reads the boards and knows what has been said. Just a statement to make there. Good day and great game. Now on to Union and see what happens there

18 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

But they were still throwing with starters in with a running clock. Makes no sense.

Not sure why you’d take a chance getting starters injured against a very frustrated Ridgeview but then again several have left starters in the entire game even when Graham pulls theirs. 

6 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Sounds like it was a good game. Gotta give Coach Warner and his staff credit. They've done an excellent job since he took over. They are listed with 135 students on the VHSL Alignment chart or 307 out of 315 schools enrollment wise.

Chilhowie had a chance to kick a 20 yard FG with about 6 minutes left in the game and went for it. Direct snapped it to Strugill while the QB just shifted to the side and did nothing. Their kicker has won them 2 games this year why not give him another shot. Then in over time pre snap penalties and 2 negative runs out them in 3rd and 4th in long. Poor end of game management IMO but congrats to Twin springs for the come back.

8 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Sounds like it was a good game. Gotta give Coach Warner and his staff credit. They've done an excellent job since he took over. They are listed with 135 students on the VHSL Alignment chart or 307 out of 315 schools enrollment wise.

It’s amazing how well the Titans have done since Warner’s arrival. That and Hurley with Tester at the helm a few years ago, are some of the best examples of doing a lot with few resources.

15 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Chilhowie had a chance to kick a 20 yard FG with about 6 minutes left in the game and went for it. Direct snapped it to Strugill while the QB just shifted to the side and did nothing. Their kicker has won them 2 games this year why not give him another shot. Then in over time pre snap penalties and 2 negative runs out them in 3rd and 4th in long. Poor end of game management IMO but congrats to Twin springs for the come back.

With HS rules I didn’t completely disagree with the call. He had also shanked a short FG attempt to end the first half that didn’t make it to the crossbar.  Miss it there and TS gets the ball at the 20 instead of inside the 10.  That being said not sure why Chilhowie got away from the counters that got them to that point on the field when they got to the 10. 

31 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not sure why you’d take a chance getting starters injured against a very frustrated Ridgeview but then again several have left starters in the entire game even when Graham pulls theirs. 

Yeah, Ridgeview was getting Chippy by the end of the 3rd.  Get the starters out and don't risk personal fouls by retaliation or getting somebody hurt.especiallyl when the other team is being a little reckless  

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

I want to mention I saw some real class from Ridgeview #5. He checked on our down player while he was down. Nice to see that

Gotta tip your hat to #88 also, with about a minute left when our starters were still in he walked around and hugged and shook all the tazewell guys hands! Kudos to that kid! A very class act!

10 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Gotta tip your hat to #88 also, with about a minute left when our starters were still in he walked around and hugged and shook all the tazewell guys hands! Kudos to that kid! A very class act!

Missed that. Great to see sportsmanship in games even when getting blown out. #5 and #88 two class acts for Ridgeview.

Creasy final stats. 

18-22 for 436 yards and 4 TD passes. 4 carries for 34 yards. 

436 yards is the 2nd most in school history behind the Fort Chiswell game earlier this season where Creasy had 306 yards at halftime. 

Kids out here playing Madden in real life!!!

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

Creasy final stats. 

18-22 for 436 yards and 4 TD passes. 4 carries for 34 yards. 

436 yards is the 2nd most in school history behind the Fort Chiswell game earlier this season where Creasy had 306 yards at halftime. 

Kids out here playing Madden in real life!!!

What happened on the 4 incompletions gotta do better than that 😂 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Creasy reads the boards and knows what has been said. Just a statement to make there. Good day and great game. Now on to Union and see what happens there

The statement I can put up tremendous stats against mid teams but can't score a point against the good teams? Those stats don't lie. Maybe he can break that streak next week. I hope he does.

10 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

What happened on the 4 incompletions gotta do better than that 😂 

2 throw aways instead of a sack and 1 dropped in the endzone. The 4th might have been taken to the house as well

6 minutes ago, CPF said:

The statement I can put up tremendous stats against mid teams but can't score a point against the good teams? Those stats don't lie. Maybe he can break that streak next week. I hope he does.

Last I check Ridgeview was a good team with a winning record. Their defense was playing well. They played Union tough

1 minute ago, stu_bean said:

Last I check Ridgeview was a good team with a winning record. Their defense was playing well. They played Union tough

Come on bro.....they've been decimated. Marion and VA High would beat them now too.