Virginia Playoffs: Take One.

Queue

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Looks like this will be the final 

Kudos to Giles for keeping it close. Shame they couldn’t capitalize on those red zone possessions. What an upset that would have been. I’m not sure Grayson makes it out of the region. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Kudos to Giles for keeping it close. Shame they couldn’t capitalize on those red zone possessions. What an upset that would have been. I’m not sure Grayson makes it out of the region. 

I’m proud of those boys. Giles loses 13 seniors and I think at least 9 of them are starters. Would’ve liked to have seen them go out in a different fashion. No way that Grayson makes it out of the Region. 

Got to score in the redzone. Kids played hard tonight. Is it me or has Grayson County somehow, someway actually gotten Worse over the last 5 games? They don't even look close to the same team I saw earlier. Damn, I can't put my finger on it, but wonder did players quit or injuries or something? Just every position doesn't look as good from the running back to QB to OL to Linebackers? It's like they've put different players in thr same uniforms or something. 

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Got to score in the redzone. Kids played hard tonight. Is it me or has Grayson County somehow, someway actually gotten Worse over the last 5 games? They don't even look close to the same team I saw earlier. Damn, I can't put my finger on it, but wonder did players quit or injuries or something? Just every position doesn't look as good from the running back to QB to OL to Linebackers? It's like they've put different players in thr same uniforms or something. 

I think GW just took the steam out of them. 

I watched the Giles/Grayson game.  First time seeing both teams this year and thought Grayson would have a more dominant game with their record.  Giles had their opportunities, but couldn't capitalize.   Grayson's strength appears to be the running game.  They aren't locked and loaded with their passing game, that I saw.  Seeing one game doesn't tell the story though.  

Coach Williams didn't come away with the win, but the Spartans had a respectable showing tonight.   

0-10 Cumberland (not the one from Tennessee that lost to Georgia Tech by about 200 points nearly 100 yrs ago) but the Cumberland from Virgina in the Class 1 East that made the playoffs. They trailed 60-0 at halftime to Sussex Central High tonight and the game was called at halftime.

Yes, I'm still for 6 teams in the playoffs, not 8.

17 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

0-10 Cumberland (not the one from Tennessee that lost to Georgia Tech by about 200 points nearly 100 yrs ago) but the Cumberland from Virgina in the Class 1 East that made the playoffs. They trailed 60-0 at halftime to Sussex Central High tonight and the game was called at halftime.

Cumberland petitioned a few years back to be allowed not to play Goochland in the James River District because of the lopsided losses.  I'm surprised they even showed up.

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Why quit???  Only needed 9 TDs to take the lead

I am still picking Grayson to represent the West based on their defense, they are very difficult to score on especially inside the 20. The impact the Def Coord of previous 2 year is big.   On the offensive side they are simply poorly coached.  The have multiple playmakers....1,2,3,6,10 who  can score at anytime.  It is certainly not for lack of coaches, they have a sideline full.

If the team that played last night shows up against GW, Galax or Narrows, they will be starting their basketball season very soon. They are better than that performance but have been flat for a good many of their games, there arent many chances for them to have games like that and survive. Giles inside the 20 on a few occasions and coming away without anything was their Achilles heel. Defense did step up in those cases, but it won't get easier the deeper they go into the playoffs.  

20 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

If the team that played last night shows up against GW, Galax or Narrows, they will be starting their basketball season very soon. They are better than that performance but have been flat for a good many of their games, there arent many chances for them to have games like that and survive. Giles inside the 20 on a few occasions and coming away without anything was their Achilles heel. Defense did step up in those cases, but it won't get easier the deeper they go into the playoffs.  

Grayson has played down to their competition all season. It will eventually end their season. They have the talent to play in Salem but I’m not sure they make it out of the region. 

15 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m proud of those boys. Giles loses 13 seniors and I think at least 9 of them are starters. Would’ve liked to have seen them go out in a different fashion. No way that Grayson makes it out of the Region. 

Losing 9 starters is tough but at the same time those younger guys and jv guys coming up and such seem to be more athletic. I believe they finish better than 3-7 next season.