Grundy at Hurley

EH31

Am I the only one taking Grundy in this one? haha honestly I know nothing about these 2 schools, didn't even know Hurley existed until last year(not trying to down them, just haven't heard of them). All I know about Grundy is that it's close to Richlands haha

If by "close" you mean a 45-50 minute car ride, sure.

Hurley wins this one. Neither team has been tested, but Hurley has looked the part in blowing out everyone they've played.

Brady Justice is an outstanding athlete...last year Lester got injured and Brady put that team on his back and carried them to victory...Grundy has to stop him or it's going to be a long night. The good news is Grundy's defense is much better this time around. Going to be a classic at the Cliff...I think it will be a good close game...and the hits will be coming all night long non stop. Excited to see how this one plays out.

Ryan, Grundy got all they wanted last week from Central. Without the excessive turnovers Central wins that game.  Hurley on the other hand has not been tested. 

Having seen both; Grundy is bigger, Hurley is faster.

Im taking Hurley in a close one

I'll take Grundy. Tougher schedule, Lebanon and Wise Central are better than anyone Hurley has played. Grundy will be more ready and won't be shocked when the game gets competitive. We don't know what Hurley will do when the game is close. To me, Hurley is kind of like Lee High we are not sure if they are as good as their record indicates. If it ends up raining tonight I'm all in on the Wave, difficult to show case speed on wet surfaces. Grundy by 6.

I'll take Grundy. Tougher schedule, Lebanon and Wise Central are better than anyone Hurley has played.

Don't mention tougher schedule or someone is likely to get offended...

All jokes aside, I really like Hurley in this one. Tester has built a program from almost nothing over there and I really would like to see the Rebels make a solid run from the Cliff this year. 

By helicopter, yes.

It takes 29 minutes from Shortt's Gap to Grundy, and that's hitting every green light and going 15 over.

Ridgeview plays Grundy in a few weeks, I am debating on whether or not I'll have to take a vacation day from work that day or not.  I'm not sure I can make it from Abingdon to Grundy in two hours.

Don't mention tougher schedule or someone is likely to get offended...

All jokes aside, I really like Hurley in this one. Tester has built a program from almost nothing over there and I really would like to see the Rebels make a solid run from the Cliff this year.

I just call it as I see it.

Ryan, Grundy got all they wanted last week from Central. Without the excessive turnovers Central wins that game.  Hurley on the other hand has not been tested. 

Having seen both; Grundy is bigger, Hurley is faster.

Im taking Hurley in a close one

Grundy is causing fumbles and INTs this year every week....what you're saying here is like saying "if we had scored more we'd have won" lol.

Yes you can make it from Abingdon to Grundy easily in 1:35 mins. Take rt 80 at rosedale, cross drill mountain and take 460 the rest of the way. I lived in honaker and traveled drill to Hurley and the trip was 55 minutes.

Now concerning the schedule strength. Hurleys first string hammered central in the preseason. Hammered castlewood who beat honaker. I'm seeing the makings is a blowout win for Hurley. Just my two cents.

Yes you can make it from Abingdon to Grundy easily in 1:35 mins. Take rt 80 at rosedale, cross drill mountain and take 460 the rest of the way. I lived in honaker and traveled drill to Hurley and the trip was 55 minutes.

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking of that road.  Good call.  I was thinking in my head I would have to go around Claypool Hill way.

Lance, Grundy earned the win and did force the turnovers, not trying to take anything away from the Wave. A backup QB threw a pick and a backup RB had 3-4 fumbles.

I was speaking more to the competitive nature of the game and the statement that Grundy hadn't been tested, they have. Last weeks game with Central was very competitive. Grundy has been tested, Hurley has not.

I see Hurley getting up big in the first half and then hanging on for the win in the second half.

This thread got some traction quickly. :)

Redtiger is right and Lance is right. Some of Central's turnovers were their fault, but some of those fumbles were good defensive strips by Grundy. I would probably lean toward a Central victory had they been 100% healthy and played a perfect game, BUT Grundy DEFINITELY earned that win.

Have a feeling the fans will get their money's worth tonight regardless of who wins.

Ridgeview plays Grundy in a few weeks, I am debating on whether or not I'll have to take a vacation day from work that day or not. I'm not sure I can make it from Abingdon to Grundy in two hours.

You probably can. It's about 1:45 to Grundy from Abingdon by 19 to 460, even assuming traffic and congestion. If you want to get creative, you can take 19 to Rosedale and then hit 80-624-620 into Grundy, which in theory should be about 10-15 minutes quicker, but you risk accidents on those narrow roads that'll slow you way down.

I'll take Hurley in what should be a fun game to watch.  I hope the weather holds off enough to not affect the game one way or the other.

I've never been to the Cliff to watch a game but have heard a lot about it......this would have been the game to go watch, although I probably wouldn't had a place to sit,   but between the weather and the blues playing tonight i guess it will be a while before I do go there to see a game.

Good luck to both teams and please be careful to everyone traveling to and from the games tonight !