Scoring for Blues

Ball---21

Herndon---17

C. Horn---8

T. Horn---4

Phillips---21 (12 of 18 from FL)

Ratliff---3

Smith---3

Blues with 10----3's (Ball 1, Herndon 3, C. Horn 2, T. Horn 1, Phillips 1, Ratliff 1, Smith 1)

Scoring for Gmen

Allen---11

Baker---13

Curto---8 (Fouled out)

Dalton---7 (Fouled out with 3:27 in 4th qtr--- Score was 58-57 Gmen when he fouled out)

Martin---32 (11 of 17 from 2 point line)

Gmen with 8---3's (Allen 3, Baker 2, Martin 3)

13 lead changes in game

Blues with 11 rebounds in 1st half;  21 in 2nd half ---32 for game

Gmen with 17 rebounds in 1st half; 7 in 2nd half---24 for game

Phillips when scoring his 12th point tonight became  all time leading scorer for the Blues

With a little over a minute to go, the Gmen started fouling the Blues to put them on the line.  The score at that time was 66-60 Blues. 

Breakdown of free throw points for Blues

11 made by intentional fouling at end of game.

6 made during 2nd half off  regular fouls

5 made during 1st half when the Gmen were leading at halftime 34-25

That accounts for 22 points off free throws--don't know where other point is

This is as I recorded them

I know Graham plays Richlands again on Feb. 10th at Graham.  How is the conference decided in C-39 is it by a tournament and if so is it likely that Graham and Richlands see each other a 3rd time for a conference championship?  Last question, I saw some say that the first game was the only game that counted, did they mean for seeding or home court play?  Anyone?

The SEC is decided by playing each confrerence team one time forwards the final standings. By beating Graham, Richlands will only have to beat Marion next week to win the SEC, and get to host the regional game.

The tournament doesn't mean anything, except deciding the 2nd team that goes to the regional playoffs.

Conference regular season champion is guaranteed the1 seed from C39, highest finisher (not the SEC regular season champ) in the tournament is the 2 seed.

Last year, Graham won the regular season, but Richlands won the tournament. Graham still hosted a playoff game while Richlands traveled to Gate City.

That means if Richlands beats Marion, and Graham is knocked out of the conference tournament before the finals, Graham would sit at home.

That said, Richlands and Graham will likely make th SEC tournament finals and play for a third time, it just won't count towards the playoffs.

That said, Richlands and Graham will likely make th SEC tournament finals and play for a third time, it just won't count towards the playoffs.

If Graham and Richlands should meet in the SEC Tournament finals, both teams should play their bench the entire game and rest the starters for the Region...

aparkon-park-street-now-theres-an-idea-m

Yes. If Richlands beats Marion and GC beats Union, those are the matchups.

Union/RHS should be a DOOZY. Both teams have elite athletes, and can hurt you in a number of ways.

Wouldn't be surprised if either team won. Not sure RHS has seen a team as good as Union outside of Graham since before Christmas.

Union has really improved. Not so sure about Richlands.  Richlands plays everyone the same way every game.  5 in 5 out;  so there is nothing new they can throw at a team other than letting one of the groups stay in for more than 3 minutes.  Richlands last two games were really subpar, beating Virginia High by only 12 and Twin valley by only 11. 

Union has really improved. Not so sure about Richlands. Richlands plays everyone the same way every game. 5 in 5 out; so there is nothing new they can throw at a team other than letting one of the groups stay in for more than 3 minutes. Richlands last two games were really subpar, beating Virginia High by only 12 and Twin valley by only 11.

I think that's more a case of the team knowing the hard part (Graham) is done and other than Marion next week, they are probably on autopilot until they see Graham again.

Come playoff time (tougher competition), I see Richlands using an 8 man rotation more.  Like they did against Graham last Thursday.  They tried 5 in 5 out against Graham early on but Phillips started subbing 1 or 2 guys, especially in the 2nd half.  In my unprofessional opinion, Richlands needs to keep Ball or Phillips on the court at all times.

I would like to see Richlands stay the course with 5 in 5 out that way you can tell who is going to have a good game and who is not.  The 8 man rotation worked at Graham last year but not at Gate City for the Regional game, all Richlands could do was compete for one half,  Gate city came out and destroyed them the second half.  I'm afraid like last year those two players or any Richlands player kept on the floor the entire game will be in shock when expected to play the entire game.  Graham is so young, one senior and a court full of freshman, sophomores and juniors and Richlands struggled 77-71.  Gate City and Union are different animals, I don't think you can even compare Graham to them given the fact that this is a rebuilding year for Graham.  You don't want to keep your hot hand on the bench.

Are you sure the regionals are at GW? We've been told that they are at James River HS.

Who knows at this point?  I've heard like five different venues now.  Salem Civic Center, Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke College, James River and now George Wythe.  Lol

I don't think anyone is going to know for sure until the freaking tournament actually gets here.

George Wythe, although I would LOVE that over any of the other venues mentioned, because it sure as heck is a lot closer to us here in SWVa than any of the other venues mentioned, doesn't make sense because GW is 1A for one and two, it's nowhere near the Conference 36 area, who is supposed to be the host of this year's tournament in the first place.

Who knows at this point?  I've heard like five different venues now.  Salem Civic Center, Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke College, James River and now George Wythe.  Lol

I don't think anyone is going to know for sure until the freaking tournament actually gets here.

George Wythe, although I would LOVE that over any of the other venues mentioned, because it sure as heck is a lot closer to us here in SWVa than any of the other venues mentioned, doesn't make sense because GW is 1A for one and two, it's nowhere near the Conference 36 area, who is supposed to be the host of this year's tournament in the first place.

That sure would be a strange thing if Conference 36 who is in the East Region hosted the West Region basketball tournament. Don't believe me? VHSL.org and check out the classification tab. 

It is 37s turn to host... I do not seeing this tournament west of Roanoke. James River is probably the location. IDK where the GW thing came into play.