Graham vs Richlands

Gridiron60

6 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

If Richlands has their same officials there as they have in little league then plan on being there til midnight. Lol. If Graham doesn't improve in the discipline department they will be in for a long night. 

When can Richlands start practicing again?

Quarantined until Tuesday I believe. 

27 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

There was a time I was excited for this game. But with Richlands not having practiced in over a week — I fully expect a large Graham win. 

Coming off nearly two weeks without practice & playing games is hard. It’s the new normal for high school football these days though. Lucky is the team that hasn’t had to deal with quarantining or Covid protocols involving the team. 

The GMen, as bad as they played /lookeed/penalties vs Tazewell and considering how good VHigh looked against Tazewell, the Graham defense allowed Tazewell 150 total yards and Tazewell had almost two times that amount against Virginia High.  Graham also had 408 total yards against Tazewell compared to Va High's 367, and Graham had 17 penalties that helped bring down their total yards. Also, the final score was worse for Tazewell against Graham compared to VHigh, and Tazewell was going to have a goose egg on the board without the badly thrown pick 6.  All of that with Graham having few practices/coming off quarantine.   I'm not saying Graham beats VH, maybe VH beats Graham, but the numbers above kind of show how dangerous Graham Could/Possibly be if they get out of their own heads.  Even if you are a VH fan, if you look at the above, it has to have you a bit worried when you play Graham, and truly hoping Graham self destructs.  

I think Richlands is the real deal, and to me, the best team they've had since losing to Appomattox in a game they should have won.  I think they actually beat Graham, but come playoff time, after the Graham QB gets his feet wet and gains comfort, and the discipline is largely fixed, I would pick Graham to win.  Graham is so undisciplined right now to me that it's going to take more than 1 week to fix, and Richlands to me is very good.  Good enough that Graham will not be able to just overcome the discipline issues due to the talent gap, because Richlands on the line of scrimmage, although not very big, is vicious, and not a huge disparity up front between the two in my opinion, but come playoff time, no way will I pick the Blues over Graham, and maybe not even Union based on the talent present on Graham's team that is evident from last night.  Scary, scary talented 2A team.  

9 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

The GMen, as bad as they played /lookeed/penalties vs Tazewell and considering how good VHigh looked against Tazewell, the Graham defense allowed Tazewell 150 total yards and Tazewell had almost two times that amount against Virginia High.  Graham also had 408 total yards against Tazewell compared to Va High's 367, and Graham had 17 penalties that helped bring down their total yards. Also, the final score was worse for Tazewell against Graham compared to VHigh, and Tazewell was going to have a goose egg on the board without the badly thrown pick 6.  All of that with Graham having few practices/coming off quarantine.   I'm not saying Graham beats VH, maybe VH beats Graham, but the numbers above kind of show how dangerous Graham Could/Possibly be if they get out of their own heads.  Even if you are a VH fan, if you look at the above, it has to have you a bit worried when you play Graham, and truly hoping Graham self destructs.  

I think Richlands is the real deal, and to me, the best team they've had since losing to Appomattox in a game they should have won.  I think they actually beat Graham, but come playoff time, after the Graham QB gets his feet wet and gains comfort, and the discipline is largely fixed, I would pick Graham to win.  Graham is so undisciplined right now to me that it's going to take more than 1 week to fix, and Richlands to me is very good.  Good enough that Graham will not be able to just overcome the discipline issues due to the talent gap, because Richlands on the line of scrimmage, although not very big, is vicious, and not a huge disparity up front between the two in my opinion, but come playoff time, no way will I pick the Blues over Graham, and maybe not even Union based on the talent present on Graham's team that is evident from last night.  Scary, scary talented 2A team.  

I can’t wait to see the response after Graham/Richlands game on Friday!!  Graham starts out every year undisciplined and continues to get better each week. Graham will win this game by 3TD’s!

3 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

I’d be legitimately shocked if we win this game. I just don’t see it. Not coming off a big pause and Graham getting a game under their belt. 

I believe that if Graham comes out and plays like they did against Tazewell, it will come down to the wire and they will lose in a close one.

If they clean up the penalties and lack of discipline, then I think they win by 2 scores.  I said a couple of weeks ago that their defense has the potential to be flat out nasty.  They need to clean up the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike stuff or they will not reach their potential.  Humility is a great thing for an athlete to have.  If these kids want to be seriously looked at by any decent college in the country at any level, they need to realize that coaches look at character first and foremost.

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

There was a time I was excited for this game. But with Richlands not having practiced in over a week — I fully expect a large Graham win. 

I think Richlands has a real chance this year.  They are pretty solid.

On 9/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, Mountain Football said:

If Richlands has their same officials there as they have in little league then plan on being there til midnight. Lol. If Graham doesn't improve in the discipline department they will be in for a long night. 

When can Richlands start practicing again?

Are you saying those officials are flag happy or something lol

9 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Tazewell defense was simulating the snap count which is supposed to be a penalty. About 10-15 plays in the refs gave them a warning. Not a penalty, a warning!

If true, that explains the phenomenon of three consecutive false starts in that first possession , I guess. Never seen anything like that first Graham possession in my life. Crazy! 

19 hours ago, GMan said:

Going to be close, always seems to be...except for the years Graham was coached by Marrs and Williams...

It may be close this year but hasn’t been close since 2017.

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

5 consecutive penalties.  3 straight false starts, 1 hold, 1 unsportsmanlike.

Like I said craziest thing I’ve ever seen …3 consecutive false starts blew my mind…I thought man, it’s going to be a long night. When a team racks up more penalty yards than the opposing team does offensively, that’s crazy. I bet those boys did a lot of running today down Bluefield way.