should union get a new head coach

tarheel1217

6 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I didn't see the Garden game, but that channel's quite the rabbit hole for a local football junkie.

You use to be able to buy games from their site and they had thousands of games but I guess they weren't making any money and quit

12 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I didn't see the Garden game, but that channel's quite the rabbit hole for a local football junkie.

Yeah I just looked too and only found the 1989 garden game.  Looks like they have added some old Graham clips too from the 50s and 60s

14 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah I just looked too and only found the 1989 garden game.  Looks like they have added some old Graham clips too from the 50s and 60s

I bought the 1998 State Championship Game , PV vs. Madison County, from that site. 

Barry Jones was and is a great coach. That said, Phil Robbins always had his teams prepared to play. You didn’t see anything on the field that you hadn’t seen in practice already. That is where Phil was great. Between the two of them, you didn’t take the field thinking you were going to lose, see something new, or not have a chance to win. As a player, all you had to do was execute, read, and react, and everything else would take care of itself.

1 hour ago, sup_rbeast said:

Barry Jones was and is a great coach. That said, Phil Robbins always had his teams prepared to play. You didn’t see anything on the field that you hadn’t seen in practice already. That is where Phil was great. Between the two of them, you didn’t take the field thinking you were going to lose, see something new, or not have a chance to win. As a player, all you had to do was execute, read, and react, and everything else would take care of itself.

That's almost exactly what I said! The level of preparation was unmatched. The confidence that you can win every game, at the HS level, is so valuable. Just getting the team to believe they can win is half of the battle.

all im saying is as the head coach the onfield product represents you and to be sure travis has done a great job.

it can be like staying in a marriage long after the love is gone

he loses to graham by a respectable measure in the regular season then takes an ass whipping in the playoffs

Some people, jeeez when they played earlier we still had a healthy Hunnycutt and a healthy line, both were missing in Bluefield for the second game, and Travis is a great coach , he hasn’t won state yet but he will, and comparing his years at Union vs anyone except Appomattox, who do you have better ???not many at all. D B wanted him, I hear TN wants him, and I would think Richlands would love to have him if the present coach leaves 

22 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yes union needs a new head coach ..is this thread done now that I made it official?

Haha

Before the thread dies, can we replace Ridgeview’s coach too? Maybe even Central’s while we’re at it. I mean, why stop with Union, let’s clean up the entire M7.  😂😂😂😂 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Before the thread dies, can we replace Ridgeview’s coach too? Maybe even Central’s while we’re at it. I mean, why stop with Union, let’s clean up the entire M7.  😂😂😂😂 

Same for Tony Palmer.  He's not winning like he should be.  In those 13 wins, those scores should have been a lot worse.  Time to get him out of there and get in somebody that knows what their doing!!  Oh yea, Doug Smith at Appo, he should have been fired for not winning that title in 2018.  No excuse for not having more titles.  I don't know why Appo keeps him.

38 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

How many pages did the Akers thread go I'm thinking this one has a chance to surpass it.  And the answer is still no they just need to work a little on the passing game and everything will be 🆗👍.

I'm pretty sure the Aker's one was around 20 pages. We've got a ways to go 😂

13 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm pretty sure the Aker's one was around 20 pages. We've got a ways to go 😂

I think we can do it.  Once the season is over we won't have anything else to talk about.  Just gotta keep it going for 2 more weeks

On 11/28/2021 at 1:27 AM, tarheel1217 said:

all im saying is as the head coach the onfield product represents you and to be sure travis has done a great job.

it can be like staying in a marriage long after the love is gone

he loses to graham by a respectable measure in the regular season then takes an ass whipping in the playoffs