Week 1 Updates

Iceman2553

Radford and George Wythe

6-0 GW leads in first quarter.

Radford got ball first starting at own 35.  3 and out, punt to GW.  GW takes over at own 48.  Wytheville first play was a run for 24ish yards.  2nd play a run for 15 yds down to the Radford 15. 3rd play a run for 10 yards down to the Radford 5.  4th play run off left tackle, TD. Wytheville scores in 4 plays for a 52 yard drive with all runs, no passes.  Extra Point No good, 6-0 Wytheville leads with about 8 minutes left in the first qtr

Mid 2nd Qtr, Radford 7, George Wythe 6

It's raining in Wytheville. Wet Field.  I mean....heavy rain.

George Wythe starts at the Radford 24 yard line after an 8 yard shanked punt by Radford.  4th and goal and Marcell Baylor, the Div 1 VT commit from Radford forces a fumble and Radford takes over at its own yard line.

Halftime

George Wythe 8, Radford 7

Radford radio broadcast announcers are borderline near miss from just calling out Radford's Crist and literally screaming at one point on how Baylor from Radford has not touched the football on offense.  I think the Va High fans were right last year about Crist.  Shaky man.

Only my take here after seeing Radford and I mean no disrespect to George Wythe who is much better and very good and they will play with Galax.  I don't know if they win, but it will be a battle, but......Radford has talent all over the field and it's noticeable how poorly coached they are offensively.  The Va High fans were correct about Crist.  They have a kid who's a 3 star, similar to Bradshaw, just a freak athlete, and the kid has not touched the football on offense one time in the first half.  That's borderline fireable to me.  I'm serious about that.  How you can have that position and someone go an entire half, and not throw one screen, or bubble, tunnel, hitch or jet sweep to the Baylor kid.  Now I know why VH fans were happy he was gone.

8 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Halftime

Radford radio broadcast announcers are borderline near miss from just calling out Radford's Crist and literally screaming at one point on how Baylor from Radford has not touched the football on offense.  I think the Va High fans were right last year about Crist.  Shaky man.

Crist has consistently done less with more his entire coaching career. It’s unconscionable to have a talent such as Baylor and not get him multiple touches per half. 

9 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Halftime

Radford radio broadcast announcers are borderline near miss from just calling out Radford's Crist and literally screaming at one point on how Baylor from Radford has not touched the football on offense.  I think the Va High fans were right last year about Crist.  Shaky 

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Only my take here after seeing Radford and I mean no disrespect to George Wythe who is much better and very good and they will play with Galax.  I don't know if they win, but it will be a battle, but......Radford has talent all over the field and it's noticeable how poorly coached they are offensively.  The Va High fans were correct about Crist.  They have a kid who's a 3 star, similar to Bradshaw, just a freak athlete, and the kid has not touched the football on offense one time in the first half.  That's borderline fireable to me.  I'm serious about that.  How you can have that position and someone go an entire half, and not throw one screen, or bubble, tunnel, hitch or jet sweep to the Baylor kid.  Now I know why VH fans were happy he was gone.

Crist is what's holding Radford back. He was a bad hire from the start.

9 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

He's resting him up for the 2nd half