Week 1 Updates

Iceman2553

Tide MIGHT BE...keywords, Might Be turning some in the Graham Bluefield series, or at least it may be a thing where it's a 50-50 split over the next 10 or so years.  Nobody can tell the future, but watching the 2nd half on my phone, that's the typical Bluefield and Graham game that....if close, it's the feeling Graham has chance after chance to win it or put it away only for Bluefield to win it in dramatic fashion in the end.  Of course, there have been exceptions to this in the series, but that's the general theme, and this was that typical type game where I'm sure many Graham fans felt, "here we go again," but this time, Graham pulls it out.  Great game up there between two really good football teams.

I can't tell what's up with teams this year.  Richlands doing a number like that on GC was no shocker, but I thought GC could beat em and that big of win surprised me.  The two most shocking scores to me was Galax vs Glenvar and King William over Goochland.  I don't mean it to be disrespectful to Galax, but that Glenvar team I watched was incredible.  I think it's more about Galax being dang good than it is Glenvar being overhyped.  I believe Galax is underhyped.  As for King William out East, a 21-7 over Goochland probably wasn't supposed to happen with what KW was supposed to lose.  There's still no way to know as Goochland may be down, but it's still a concern for other Class 2 team when seeing a score like this imo. 

Heck of a first week of football.

21 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Any word on Creasy's injury?

I went to el mariachis after the game and talked to the players, they said he was just banged up, and cramping so they held him out. I sure hope that’s true as it should be coming from them. I’m definitely impressed with the running game we had tonight. I hope they continue to mix it up! I think if Creasy stays healthy they’ll finish 2nd in the SWD. 

40 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I can't tell what's up with teams this year.  Richlands doing a number like that on GC was no shocker, but I thought GC could beat em and that big of win surprised me.  The two most shocking scores to me was Galax vs Glenvar and King William over Goochland.  I don't mean it to be disrespectful to Galax, but that Glenvar team I watched was incredible.  I think it's more about Galax being dang good than it is Glenvar being overhyped.  I believe Galax is underhyped.  As for King William out East, a 21-7 over Goochland probably wasn't supposed to happen with what KW was supposed to lose.  There's still no way to know as Goochland may be down, but it's still a concern for other Class 2 team when seeing a score like this imo. 

Heck of a first week of football.

Wasn't the only reason Goochland beat KW last year was because KW had multiple players out.