Backyard Brawl: Tazewell at Richlands

Austrian Ben Shapiro

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Could we pretty please stop with this baseless myth that "Tazewell finds a way to lose at Ernie Hicks"?  All-time, Tazewell is 42-53-2 in this rivalry.  Tazewell's record at home is 22-27-2 (.451), and Tazewell's record away is 20-26 (.438).  In the last 32 games, Richlands is 28-4.  2 of Tazewell's wins have come at home, and 2 of Tazewell's wins have come on the road.  There is, quite literally, 0 objective basis for the claim that Tazewell plays any worse at Ernie Hicks in this rivalry.  

This isn't the first Richlands fan I've heard say this.  It's almost as if they're trying to will it to be true, despite it being, you know, not true.

You had to bring up facts, didn't ya.

Well it’s the night before, any last minute changes in predictions? I have a slight change, it depends how Tazewell comes out, the intensity. If Tazewell comes out thinking it’s gonna be easy, they may get heartbroken. But I think if they come out the way they did against Grundy, Tazewell takes it!! Go dawgs! And I hope for an injury free game for both teams!

1 hour ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Well it’s the night before, any last minute changes in predictions? I have a slight change, it depends how Tazewell comes out, the intensity. If Tazewell comes out thinking it’s gonna be easy, they may get heartbroken. But I think if they come out the way they did against Grundy, Tazewell takes it!! Go dawgs! And I hope for an injury free game for both teams!

The few players that I have talked to are more motivated then I have seen them all year.  I'm excited for this one.  I think they are eager to play.  

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

The few players that I have talked to are more motivated then I have seen them all year.  I'm excited for this one.  I think they are eager to play.  

Great! If that’s the case I think they have it. I honestly think if Tazewell brings big intensity this game isn’t gonna be as close as some think. 

Ball control game for Richlands, Big play game for Tazewell.  If Richlands can move the chains and control the clock they have a slim chance of keeping this close and maybe get the win.  If Tazewell gets the big plays, they probably will win, it's going to come down to how well Tazewell's line holds up on both sides of the ball. Hope all players have a injury free game and everyone enjoys some good high school football.  Go Blues!!!

Lol this thread is 6 pages?  Still more interesting than the game I'm afraid.  Looking like R-town on some very lean times.  In danger of not making a playoff appearance at all.  Hope they get it together next season,  this one is done.  Tazewell only a couple athletes better,  really does make a difference.  All those years and whoopings, it's only right they get to return the favor sometimes. 

Richlands wants to win this game bad. 

Just as bad as the 2017 Cleveland Browns. We all know how that went. 

Tazewell scores atleast 1 touchdown, so they are going to win.

Tazewell by 28.

Both bands will be wearing pink tonight.   The theme is "Rivals on the field, Teammates against Cancer".  Both of these schools have been hit hard with cancer the past several years.  Tazewell has lost more then its share of students to this horrible disease.  I am proud of the kids from both schools taking a stand against cancer.  We may be rivals on the field, but we are all human and we all have struggles with our lives.  I'm glad to see the schools coming together, honestly both of these schools do a great job of coming together over difficult issues.  All of these kids are winners if you ask me.  Good luck to both teams.

Go Dawgs!!

If Tazewell plays like a team and sells out to stop Brown then they should be able to win. However I have seen one kid take over a football game in this area and Brown is more than capable of doing that just go back and watch the Gate City game. Tazewell has a player or two that can put the team on their back and will Tazewell to victory as well. I am not buying into Richlands team chemistry at the moment with players transferring and what not but if Tazewell plays me ball instead of we ball then it could be a shoot out. On paper this should be an easy win for the Dawgs but thats why you play the game. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Proud of the Blues. Tazewell’s defense stopped Richlands 1 time, but it was the time that mattered. Can’t leave 24 points on the field and win a game. 

Richlands has nothing to be ashamed about this evening.  Dylan Brown put the entire team on his back and turned in a grown ass man performance.  Vanover played admirably as a feature back too.  The Richlands team that showed up tonight wouldn’t be 1-6 if they had that level of execution and intensity all season long.  Thankful for the win in one of the wildest games I’ve ever seen.

Creasy passed for over 400 yards. He’s a sophomore. Can you imagine him by his senior year? He’s awesome. And Kaizon Taylor has a steel stiff up, I think #5 for Richlands fount that out all so well. Lol. But glad for an injury free game. I don’t feel tazewells Defense played to there full ability. As far as Richlands, Dylan Brown is a workhorse. Honestly, this would have been a blowout if it wasn’t for him. He carry’s this team. 

I wanted to make a comment about making sure of covering the spread when scoring late, but with humor rather than sour grapes. Anyway, it was a great game. As stated in another thread, a lot of standout performances. No reason to hang your head. I definitely see improvement by the Blues. The overall talent isn’t going to be there every year. Richlands has some youth on this roster. Enjoy this win. I don’t see an over abundance of rising talent in Bulldog country either. This rivalry may experience some parity over the next several years if Richlands can establish some stability.

10 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

I wanted to make a comment about making sure of covering the spread when scoring late, but with humor rather than sour grapes. Anyway, it was a great game. As stated in another thread, a lot of standout performances. No reason to hang your head. I definitely see improvement by the Blues. The overall talent isn’t going to be there every year. Richlands has some youth on this roster. Enjoy this win. I don’t see an over abundance of rising talent in Bulldog country either. This rivalry may experience some parity over the next several years if Richlands can establish some stability.

Hard to say on the talent part for anyone. Some standout youth never develop into skilled players. Some athletes don't even come out for football until their so/Jr year or don't develop until then. Who knows what the future holds for any team, that's why I love it!