Week 6 Scores/Updates

Graham32

3 minutes ago, EH31 said:

https://wvmetronews.com/2023/08/30/national-guard-gridiron-series-returns-with-more-popularity-for-second-season-in-west-virginia/

the reason for Bluefield wearing camouflage uniforms. 

Honaker wore them earlier this season too (the Virginia version) 

Pretty sure Woodrow wore them against Bluefield last year

47 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

I read that and thought Craig played Mount View and thought that seemed weird but maybe they both needed a game. Looked it up and it's Mountain View Quicksburg.

They used to be Stonewall Jackson - Quicksburg until political correctness came along. 

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final.  Parry McCluer 22, Fort Chiswell 7.  McCluer is sneaky decent good.  They've improved a bunch from last year and so has Bath County.  I still favor Narrows in that district......kind of....but I would be really surprised if they were to beat McCluer by more than 7 points.  McCluer has the ability to beat them.  

Fort had 2 TD’s called back -penalties in 2nd and early 4th quarter. PM deserved to win though, dominated first half. Quesinberry has done great job at Fort. Injuries adding up, Fort lost QB mid third.

Princeton remains undefeated and hosts Hurricane next week. Hurricane took it to the Tigers last year in blowout fashion.  Game will have two top 7 WV AAA schools and lots of offense. The Tigers will need to take advice from 1980s Metal Band "Ratt," because Hurricane will rock you!

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Princeton remains undefeated and hosts Hurricane next week. Hurricane took it to the Tigers last year in blowout fashion.  Game will have two top 7 WV AAA schools and lots of offense. The Tigers will need to take advice from 1980s Metal Band "Ratt," because Hurricane will rock you!

Thought that was scorpions, rock you like a hurricane.  Or Bob Dylan, hurricane lol.

On 9/29/2023 at 10:22 PM, EH31 said:

Yeah he did, except for the drive that Riverheads needed to ice the clock and the last drive on defense. Riverheads is leading when he gets hurt and they lose when he goes out. So he did not play the two most important drives of the game. 

The young guys on the RED TEAM are growing up fast ! With CCC out it forced them to carry the load and now it the rewards are coming . IF THEY STAY HEALTHY ? , look for them in Salem . Impressive job by the coaches and players ! Look out SWVA there is a new kid on Block 2A CHAMP STREET .

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

The young guys on the RED TEAM are growing up fast ! With CCC out it forced them to carry the load and now it the rewards are coming . IF THEY STAY HEALTHY ? , look for them in Salem . Impressive job by the coaches and players ! Look out SWVA there is a new kid on Block 2A CHAMP STREET .

Lot of good teams in 2A this season.  If they win it this season they've earned it.

3 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

If Riverheads holds up the trophy in Salem at the end of the season I will personally buy you a frosty. (Red Rabbit only, not everybody on this board. We’ve seen how that goes.) 

13 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

If Riverheads holds up the trophy in Salem at the end of the season I will personally buy you a frosty. (Red Rabbit only, not everybody on this board. We’ve seen how that goes.) 

I may send him one too.  So far this season we’ve crowned a new state champion each week lol!!!

15 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

You should worry about making it first. CC, CW, KW, Poq, etc……..  then maybe you can talk about seeing us in the West. 

If you do, you’ll realize that LOS advantage you hold might not be so dominant and the diff is, the 2D teams have athletes everywhere and are gonna spread you out and make you defend the entire field. 

15 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

They certainly had an impressive win but that’s mighty big talk when we practically have 1/2 a regular season to go! I’m not saying they don’t win it all but there’s a lot of quality teams to plow through before that happens! I don’t know of any 2D team that will roll over or any 2C for that matter. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know of any 2D team that will roll over or any 2C for that matter. 

Evidently, neither will Central Woodstock, of which their Div 1 Player and likely Class 2 Defensive POY missed more series in the game with Riverheads than CCC did. I got that verified through 2 different Central fans on Twitter in the last 3 days. 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

With Forbes & Lopez, they will play anyone tough! Those two are quality football players! 

I've watched Central and Lopez twice this year and it's just crazy. Kids a freak on the defensive side of the ball. I hope VT hurries the heck up and offers. Going to be a star at the next level.  

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

They certainly had an impressive win but that’s mighty big talk when we practically have 1/2 a regular season to go! I’m not saying they don’t win it all but there’s a lot of quality teams to plow through before that happens! I don’t know of any 2D team that will roll over or any 2C for that matter. 

Yeah exactly I’ve never seen a season where people are awarding a champ so early and funny thing it’s a different team each week.  Hell a couple weeks ago a guy had gate city in Salem 😂 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

It's a long season and I know everything has to go your way . Stay healthy , have weather that works against your opponent , and zebras that don't wear glasses. If you get that and a little luck in the playoffs you may have a chance to raise the trophy . That being said , should be a heck of a post season . As long as all the kids stay healthy I don't care who wins , but I do bleed RED .  I'm not to fond of CROW . lol

26 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

It's a long season and I know everything has to go your way . Stay healthy , have weather that works against your opponent , and zebras that don't wear glasses. If you get that and a little luck in the playoffs you may have a chance to raise the trophy . That being said , should be a heck of a post season . As long as all the kids stay healthy I don't care who wins , but I do bleed RED .  I'm not to fond of CROW . lol

Y’all definitely one of the teams who can win along with what seems like 10 other teams.  Each week someone else joins the discussion 

Damn that flipped quickly from congratulations a couple of pages ago to whatever this last dozen responses have been. 
Lots of season left but the most significant or talked about wins so far are:

Woodstock at home over Riverheads 8-7

Union on road over Graham 27-14

Radford on road over Glenvar 36-3

Riverheads at home over Christiansburg 24-21

Poquoson is better than their record but I can’t see the champion coming from outside of the teams I have mentioned in this reply including them

And to be more clear Clarke is good and may be added to the discussion if they handle Woodstock this week at home. Along with Ridgeview if they beat Union. As a fan, those two teams are usually good but I don’t see them as top tier. Just my opinion and based on nothing other than that. 

Either way it’s fun to read this board and the bluster week in and week out. You guys hate each other but hate anyone outside of SWVA even more and that I respect the hell out of. 

Good luck the rest of the way 

44 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

Damn that flipped quickly from congratulations a couple of pages ago to whatever this last dozen responses have been. 
Lots of season left but the most significant or talked about wins so far are:

Woodstock at home over Riverheads 8-7

Union on road over Graham 27-14

Radford on road over Glenvar 36-3

Riverheads at home over Christiansburg 24-21

Poquoson is better than their record but I can’t see the champion coming from outside of the teams I have mentioned in this reply including them

And to be more clear Clarke is good and may be added to the discussion if they handle Woodstock this week at home. Along with Ridgeview if they beat Union. As a fan, those two teams are usually good but I don’t see them as top tier. Just my opinion and based on nothing other than that. 

Either way it’s fun to read this board and the bluster week in and week out. You guys hate each other but hate anyone outside of SWVA even more and that I respect the hell out of. 

Good luck the rest of the way 

Hell I love people coming in here from all over the state wish more from further east was here too.  I honestly think there’s about 10 teams who can win it right now with 3-4 of them dropping out as the year progresses due to injuries or something else