New Head Coach at Richlands

Blue Tornado

17 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Dont be mucking up my water upstream. 

BigD once yelled at me for swimming in the Clinch. It hasn't killed me yet lol. Y'all should be fine. Mayor can't do any worse than what has already been done hahaha. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

BigD once yelled at me for swimming in the Clinch. It hasn't killed me yet lol. Y'all should be fine. Mayor can't do any worse than what has already been done hahaha. 

I have a scar on my shin from a sneaky Acme buggy imbedded into the river bed.

I think I may be immune to at least 34 archaic diseases because of it.  

Job closes today!  I guess they will have a coach in there before second semester, that is smart.  I know alot of names have been tossed around but which are really interested, could be a great place for the right person

15 minutes ago, TnT+h said:

Job closes today!  I guess they will have a coach in there before second semester, that is smart.  I know alot of names have been tossed around but which are really interested, could be a great place for the right person

I've heard that 4 have applied. We obviously know one of them. 

16 minutes ago, TnT+h said:

This might have been asked but how many local head coaches have richlands or tazwell county ties? 

Heard that someone applied today that has strong Tazewell County ties and was on the team at Richlands during one of their state championship seasons. 

11 minutes ago, Tru Blue72 said:

If today is the deadline for applications, when will the deadline for naming the HC occur??  Probably not one, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

One would think they'd want to move pretty quick and actually name someone before school lets out for Christmas break. That would give the new person the opportunity to get some planning done over the break so when school starts back they can hit the weight room and other workouts with the new guys system laid out.  Just depends if TCPS cares about any of that.

16 hours ago, 44cov3 said:

One would think they'd want to move pretty quick and actually name someone before school lets out for Christmas break. That would give the new person the opportunity to get some planning done over the break so when school starts back they can hit the weight room and other workouts with the new guys system laid out.  Just depends if TCPS cares about any of that.

If this happens then the new HC needs to be in the halls of good old RHS visiting with potential players that wouldn't play for the good old boy system.  I think there is a great deal of talent walking the halls on a daily basis who would play if given the chance to get on the field during actual games.  It's not easy starting over but as the saying goes, "You have to go to the mattress", don't be picky, take anyone who wants to play, give them a chance, you cannot do worse than 0-10.  Play talent, not buddies, not selected for parents sake, not played for connections, but simply played because of talent, desire, good work ethics, and grdeat attitude.

On 11/13/2023 at 5:04 PM, SwvaOG said:

Would like to see who applies.  There might there are some interesting names.

I think Richlands surprises some people.

On 11/27/2023 at 9:57 PM, cityofRaven said:

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised.

On 11/28/2023 at 2:22 PM, Jags52 said:

Are you hinting at someone that hasnt been mentioned yet?

💯

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Seen on Facebook that the rumored front runner is Craig Plymal, former Grundy head coach

Craig Plymal, would be a great hire. I know his family and they are  good people. Also, he is a very good coach.

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Craig Plymal, would be a great hire. I know his family and they are  good people. Also, he is a very good coach.

Even if true im not sure it would be a good long term hire. Just my opinion but he doesn't seem that interested in coaching. He had the opportunity for years at grundy and never took it until recently. Didnt he just resign recently from the grundy job? I cant see that one