Virginia Playoffs: Take One.

Queue

56 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Will you be coming up to watch any Union playoff games?

We're coming in at Thanksgiving. Hopefully we'll be watching the Bears v Graham that weekend and anything beyond that. We'll be in Kingsport through Christmas, and hope to go to Salem for the championships regardless of who is playing, but hope it's the Bears. 

27 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Phoebus 104, Jamestown 0 already posted, but here's what happened.

56-0 Phoebus at end of 1st qtr and Phoebus had JV team in with 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter up 49-0 and the JV team ran basic plays from that point on. Jamestown was down 84 to nothing at halftime and offered to have it called at the half. The Jamestown coach refused and they played the 2nd half.

Credit to BOTH the Jamestown Head Coach for not quiting. I like his decision. Credit to Phoebus for doing everything they could to keep the score down. Had starters out with 2 minutes left in first qtr and the JV team was put in and they ran basic plays, runs off tackle, simple dives. Sometimes, these things happen.

Here's the Argument. Are the kids hurt more by the 104 pt loss in 20 years with damage to their self esteem, or.....are they better off in 20 years by raising there self esteem and resillence by not quiting? I argue...better off in the long run for not quiting.

Neither one of those situations is good for Jamestown.

What was the district situation that Jamestown was able to qualify for postseason? 

40 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

56-0 Phoebus at end of 1st qtr and Phoebus had JV team in with 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter up 49-0 and the JV team ran basic plays from that point on. Jamestown was down 84 to nothing at halftime and offered to have it called at the half. The Jamestown coach refused and they played the 2nd half.

Credit to BOTH the Jamestown Head Coach for not quiting. I like his decision. Credit to Phoebus for doing everything they could to keep the score down. Had starters out with 2 minutes left in first qtr and the JV team was put in and they ran basic plays, runs off tackle, simple dives. Sometimes, these things happen.

Here's the Argument. Are the kids hurt more by the 104 pt loss in 20 years with damage to their self esteem, or.....are they better off in 20 years by raising there self esteem and resillence by not quiting? I argue...better off in the long run for not quiting.

I don’t think they should’ve quit but there needs to be a rule after 1 half that when the score reaches 50+ point lead the games over.  No sense in humiliating a team 

10 minutes ago, bhs7695 said:

Neither one of those situations is good for Jamestown.

What was the district situation that Jamestown was able to qualify for postseason? 

I agree. It's not good to get beat like that. It's horrible and painful. My point is..what was that coach telling the kids at halftime down 84-0? We certainly dont know for sure, but reasonable guess he's telling them about not quitting in life. Jamestown showed up the 2nd half. They didn't get on the bus yet. Blacksburg never started the bus. It's why I respect the Jamestown HC and AD far more than Blacksburg's powers calling the shots. I have all the respect in the world for a team offered to Quit at halftime and they said no thanks. Huge respect.

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Give Calhoun the ball!