Regional Semis Score Updates

SWVAgridiron

1 minute ago, stu_bean said:

That pick at the goal line was the game changer moment

Yep. Carter is gonna replay that one forever in his head. WR was open and just just didn’t lead him far enough. 

These announcers on NFHS must not know who Kayzon Taylor is. He’s been wearing 56 since his jersey was ripped in the Graham game. Said this has to be his first 4 kick returns in a game as a lineman 😂 

13 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Wasnt talking about just this game...its been all year 

This was the game that counted.  I haven't followed them weekly, watching Loris play. 

Never perfect moments in high school games, but as the saying goes "the cream rising to the top."  

1 minute ago, stu_bean said:

Looks like will be the final. Proud of the dogs and the effort they gave. Final score not an indication of how hard an effort they gave

Good season Bulldogs. They gave Union everything they had. 

7 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

This was the game that counted.  I haven't followed them weekly, watching Loris play. 

Never perfect moments in high school games, but as the saying goes "the cream rising to the top." 

Good fight put up by tazewell. 

What a Herculean effort by the Dawgs.  Only got to watch the 2nd half watching Honaker.  The Bears knows they've been in a dogfight.  Many said no contest, the Bears "hands down."  The Dawgs showed moxie and grit.  Wish it would have been a different outcome for this game.  Hat's off to Union.  

Not sure why many thought this would be a blowout.  Tazewell played some good ball teams to prepare for the playoffs.  If Union doesn’t clean up the penalties they’ll never beat Graham.  I think every drive they didn’t score their was a holding penalty to kill the drive 

Tazewell played a good football team today and gave the best effort they could. Congrats to Union on a hard fought win. Their game with Graham should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

I made a point to go over and congratulate some teary-eyed Bulldogs after the game. When I watched film of Tazewell and RV I was impressed with the athletes the Dogs had on the field. I knew this would be no cakewalk. I have seen so many teams get intimidated at the park and fold like a house of cards. Tazewell absolutely made us earn every yard today. What a valiant effort in defeat by the Bulldogs. They earned our utmost respect today. I also am man enough to admit when i am wrong. I thought going in that the Bulldog QB was a China doll and questioned his toughness. The relentless Union defense had him down many times, but he picked himself up and kept battling. He earned my respect, and his team earned my respect. Now that I have bragged on Tazewell, On to Union. During deep runs you have to battle through when you are not at your best. The Bears were hard to watch on offense today. Rey had his worst game, and they were way too predictable, but yet again another sophomore with his team clinging to a 12-6 lead and the Dogs driving to take the lead showed up and showed out. I've called the ball hawking secondary the heart of this team, and I am not wrong. Offense may win games but defense wins championships. Great effort today Bulldogs, but the Bears live to fight another day.

Good game by Tazewell. Congratulations on a great season.

For the Bears, the difference after the interception was the offensive line with the 99 yard drive. The Bears will have to play better to beat the G-men again in the rematch, especially with a healthy Clements and improved QB play.

10 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

Good game by Tazewell. Congratulations on a great season.

For the Bears, the difference after the interception was the offensive line with the 99 yard drive. The Bears will have to play better to beat the G-men again in the rematch, especially with a healthy Clements and improved QB play.

Yeah, I still favor Union in that one, because of the better line play, we will see if Graham has improved enough, Obviously having Clements healthy will help.  Good luck to both. 

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yes, put up a good fight for sure.  Good effort.  Hope #6 is ok.  Getting hurt in the last minute stinks.  Especially with the game decided.

Thank you for your concern, #6 Brock is my son . He took a helmet just below the knee to the perineal  nerve on the side of his right leg . His leg went numb from the knee down and he didn’t have any feeling . Hopefully it’s just like a stinger . Still can not put any weight on it . 
 I would like to say thank you to the Union team and especially their coaches , they all came over and wished Brock well . Coach Turner spoke to Brock also . 
 We left it all on the field when the majority of people said we had no chance . 
 These “Dawgs” played their hearts out , good luck next week to both teams .