SWVASPORTS.COM

Arresting developments....

Queue

Honaker head man Todd Tiller gets arrested on three suspected counts:  DWI, simple assault, vandalism following a crash he was allegedly involved in.

First and foremost, sad situation all around, on the basic human interest level.

On the football focus level we do 'round here:  For their sake, there's hopefully somebody else real good on that Tigers staff ready to step up -- otherwise, a potentially crushing blow for that program.  Might only stumble a bit this year (if they stumble at all) -- but the long-term consequence of what I imagine will be an eventual firing is likely to be huge.

46 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Not his first rodeo either!

And that changes Everything. 

8 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

I think a termination has already taken place. 

I hope he gets the help he needs, and I hope Honaker gets their guy. 

I hear Honaker is already interviewing Richlands staff members. Too soon? I know.....too soon. TIC.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

And that changes Everything. 

I hear Honaker is already interviewing Richlands staff members. Too soon? I know.....too soon. TIC.

Bubba to Honaker makes the most since keeps them running the air raid

1 hour ago, RoundBall1982 said:

If its true he was in a Honaker high car no way he keeps his job.

Looks like Mr Raven already stated that he's been shown the door, but being in a county vehicle or in any official capacity leaves them little choice.

Now, I'm wondering about his "dismissal" from Ridgeview. Either way, it's a shame to waste that talent. He's clearly an innovative coach.

28 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Looks like Mr Raven already stated that he's been shown the door, but being in a county vehicle or in any official capacity leaves them little choice.

Now, I'm wondering about his "dismissal" from Ridgeview. Either way, it's a shame to waste that talent. He's clearly an innovative coach.

I believe officially its a suspension until board meeting next week. Unless he has resigned?

This is sad! Sad for the man and the kids that it effects and really the whole community really. I have several family members who have fought addiction and all have overcame them but you have to fight like hell to do it! It is a shame that a person puts his need for drugs or alcohol ahead of the example he is trying to set, but it's an addiction and you can't fix it until you come to the end of yourself and start trusting and believing in things bigger than you! Faith can move mountains but it won't if you don't want to get better! Get better first and worry about football later!

There’s a lot of posts here stating that he’s an alcoholic.  That’s a lot of assumption.  This may be as simple as he went out and did something stupid.  I’m not condoning in any way that he allegedly did. 
As for the RV “dismissal” that doesn’t change my view on that.  If what was alleged actually happened. But I have heard multiple stories about that.

In the end, it would be in his best interests to resign.  Take some time off and deal with the legal issues. After a couple of years, he could go to another school and start back at the bottom and work his way up.  

4 hours ago, SXSW said:

This is sad! Sad for the man and the kids that it effects and really the whole community really. I have several family members who have fought addiction and all have overcame them but you have to fight like hell to do it! It is a shame that a person puts his need for drugs or alcohol ahead of the example he is trying to set, but it's an addiction and you can't fix it until you come to the end of yourself and start trusting and believing in things bigger than you! Faith can move mountains but it won't if you don't want to get better! Get better first and worry about football later!

Post of the year so far in 2024 in my opinion. Nailed it!

39 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

There’s a lot of posts here stating that he’s an alcoholic.  That’s a lot of assumption.  This may be as simple as he went out and did something stupid.  I’m not condoning in any way that he allegedly did. 
As for the RV “dismissal” that doesn’t change my view on that.  If what was alleged actually happened. But I have heard multiple stories about that.

In the end, it would be in his best interests to resign.  Take some time off and deal with the legal issues. After a couple of years, he could go to another school and start back at the bottom and work his way up.  

I respectfully disagree. As someone who has donated thousands of hours in my life teaching recovery and helping those with addiction, we have radar on spotting addiction/alcoholism. By the way, i am nothing special. Part of my past time or literally a hobby has been teaching recovery for 15 years and I enjoy it. There are literally a couple of formulas out there that can quantify chances/stats with probability based on life events/behavior/what is to lose if a DUI occurred/age/what's to gain, etc that predict an addiction/alcohol/Substance Abuse or Use (SAD/SUD) Disorder Diagnosis.

If this was his first time, then your statement is spot on and we can't know for sure and it can easily be chalked off to one stupid mistake or one stupid bad behavior, but..... When we are talking age above 40 with a high profile job in the community and Multiple Times and considering what is to lose if a DUI incident or alcohol incident occurred, the odds of being an alcoholic are approaching not 90 percent, but 100 percent. 

It's my understanding this is the 3rd DUI. One last thing that is a common misconception. According to addictionologists and the AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) model, you do not have to drink alcohol daily to be an alcoholic. Binge drinking qualifies. For example, you only drink alcohol every 5 days and when you do, you drink a case of beer and pass out. That can be considered alcoholism if the drinking starts to effect social relationships, job, personality, etc. For the fact that his drinking has effected his job now on multiple occasions, that is one of the factors that actually goes into the diagnoses of addiction/alcoholism.

4 hours ago, SXSW said:

As well as it can be said.

Sad to hear.  Prayers that Coach Tiller turns his life to his Creator.  No personal accolades, no accomplishments fills the void that God does.    He anchors us daily, not just on the mountain top, but in the valleys when people disappoint, situations rock our lives.  

I think there is already a great Richlands alum on the Tiger staff, that is worth considering, Shane Wicks.  The upcoming players know him, he knows the system and he can bring continuity in this time.  

Prayers for all. 🐯🙏

11 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

Russel County dealing swiftly with a problem, nice.
Someone tell him to apply at Tazewell County, over here no one ever gets fired for anything. He might even get transferred to central office for higher position and a six figure salary. 

Someone not afraid to speak the truth.