Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

I doubt you will have any trouble finding a seat on either side. AHS stadium is huge and even though it should be the biggest crowd this year there will still be seats. Unless Richlands brings 8,000 people with them. I would say the stadium will seat 9,000-12,000.

6,500 is the official capacity that the VHSL uses. That's about right. Graham holds 10,000 and it makes AHS look small.

Richlands and Abingdon may be the game of the year in Southwest Virginia. I wouldn't mind driving down from the 'Burg to watch this. Probably will be the battle of the year of the two beat quarterbacks in that part of the state.

I think the town of Abingdon needs to rezone or something and make themselves smaller. Playing in AAA is competitive suicide. Their schedule is weak with the exception of Richlands, Graham and maybe another but that's it. Beating people by 40 and 50 don't help but set you up for a big fall later.

Richlands 38 Abingdon 27 I would attend this one if Marion wasn't playing 

Guess I will be in Marion with you Friday night but sitting on the opposite side.  Lol.  Haven't been to a football game at Marion yet, so I can mark that one off my list.  Wished Richlands and Abingdon would just move the game to Saturday.  :D

If Reed will turn Jake loose and let him do what he does best, run the spread and audible. Abingdon can win this game no doubt. If that happens, the team with the least amount of turnovers will probably win. I hope its a great game all four quarters. This game is a big one that I hope delivers the best out of both teams.

Richlands 48

Abingdon 35

Well?  The Hokies play Thursday night this week, so no game for you to go to Saturday anyway... Abingdon should just move it to Saturday and get $6 more gate money from me.  Lol.

NO! Saturday games are reserved for state semis and finals. Not regular season games. Lol. I'm just not a fan of Saturday Richlands games. 

Richlands and Abingdon may be the game of the year in Southwest Virginia. I wouldn't mind driving down from the 'Burg to watch this. Probably will be the battle of the year of the two beat quarterbacks in that part of the state.

I think the town of Abingdon needs to rezone or something and make themselves smaller. Playing in AAA is competitive suicide. Their schedule is weak with the exception of Richlands, Graham and maybe another but that's it. Beating people by 40 and 50 don't help but set you up for a big fall later.

It'll be tough for any game to top Union/Richlands. As for this game, I think Blues win 45-35.

No! Saturday's are not allowed lol. Mance hates when the teams routine is thrown off, and that's a sure fire way to throw it off.

That sounds like an excuse to me. I for one think most if not all playoff games should be played on Saturdays.

I remember playing one game on Thursday and twice on Saturday my senior year. Going 2 and 1 and the loss was not because what day we played on.

That sounds like an excuse to me. I for one think most if not all playoff games should be played on Saturdays.

I remember playing one game on Thursday and twice on Saturday my senior year. Going 2 and 1 and the loss was not because what day we played on.

Work with me here haha. I don't want this game on Saturday. I have plans.

At the start of the year I really thought Abingdon would go 10-0. Maybe they match up better with Richlands than they did Graham, but at this point, I think the Falcons drop another.

Will be much closer this yr i think.

Abingdons defense is the thing that is the most intriguing. They have given up a lot of yards this year to teams who have average offenses. They tend to win some of those games simply because they can outscore those teams. Richlands is a team that can put up points in a hurry. From what I've heard from people who have seen them this year, they are a finesse team as a whole, which could play into Richlands hands. Richlands has dominated the line in every game this year except Union. Also, someone at church said Sturgill is not at 100% and those who have watched film seem to agree.

If Richlands comes out focused and ready to play (knowing the 1 seed isn't out of reach), I think they win by 17-21 or so. Abingdon will score, make no mistake about that. But I think Richlands simply scores more.

Bluefield College stadium looked like it holds more than 10,000

PLEASE.... don't call it Bluefield College's stadium.... they have only been using it for a few years... It is the home of Graham High and Bluefield High.... makes me cringe to hear that...

Official capacity is 10,000, but I bet you could squeeze 12,000 in there no problem.

PLEASE.... don't call it Bluefield College's stadium.... they have only been using it for a few years... It is the home of Graham High and Bluefield High.... makes me cringe to hear that...

Official capacity is 10,000, but I bet you could squeeze 12,000 in there no problem.

Thank you ... well said!