Richlands Basketball

Ryan4VT

I don't need to be called an adult, but you are the one that is acting childish, son!

Get your Big Boy pants on, and quit covering for them. At least the Blues have several other

Men they can depend on this year. Their Senior year only comes around once, and I just hope these

2 young men are making the right decision, for themselves and for Richlands High School.

May God Bless both of them in the day ahead!

On 12/21/2016 at 1:19 AM, SWVAFB said:

I don't need to be called an adult, but you are the one that is acting childish, son!

Get your Big Boy pants on, and quit covering for them. At least the Blues have several other

Men they can depend on this year. Their Senior year only comes around once, and I just hope these

2 young men are making the right decision, for themselves and for Richlands High School.

I would imagine the head coach took offense to both of them choosing a football all star game over a regular season game IMO. 

The Lowe kid was a member of the "dream team" and played with those boys for a long time. He just would not up and choose not to play. Something happened and IMO probably was given a hard time over playing int he All Star game.

They are kids. They are both 17 or 18. They don't have to play a sport simply because Richlands is a "small school" and "needs every man" to play. They don't HAVE to do anything. Whether or not you think they shoul, they simply don't have to play any sport. They're not adults. They're kids. They don't have an obligation to play basketball if they don't feel like they want to. That's not making excuses, that's just flat out how it is. You don't have to be part of this board if you don't want to. But if someone leaves, you don't see people calling their reasons "shxx."

The thing is though both boys probably help the team but are not needed. Richlands is deep. They played 9 solid guys in Virginia High School tournament. I think they dressed 10-11? Lowe brings size but slows them down transition wise. Richlands bread and butter is transition. They get out and run they will score and score a lot. You stall them in a halfcourt set and they struggle. Somewhat turns into a one on one game in a HC set. 

I called you out because you are supposedly an adult talking down to 17 and 18-year-old kids.  That's not necessary, and it shows your childishness.  Grow up.  Criticize NFL players all you want, but it's none of your damn business that these two kids decided to sit this one out.  Talking negatively about high school athletes as you are doing shows your immaturity.  Grow a pair, Sugar Bear.

OK guys, this has turned into a game of placing blame on this or that, and people telling me

That high school kids are 17 or 18 years old. Really? As if I did not know that! Give me a break,

Please.

These are 2 young boys, that played football, and maybe they are feeling some burn out, but probably

There are others too on the team that had the same feelings. We ALL don't know exactly if that

Is the case or not.

I think my opinion is just what it is; My opinion, and maybe not yours, that is all, and if you

READ things into my opinion, well that is your right to do so, but it is for your satisfaction,

Not mine.

I wish everyone the best this year at RHS, and all the BB players, and former players!

OK guys, this has turned into a game of placing blame on this or that, and people telling me

That high school kids are 17 or 18 years old. Really? As if I did not know that! Give me a break,

Please.

These are 2 young boys, that played football, and maybe they are feeling some burn out, but probably

There are others too on the team that had the same feelings. We ALL don't know exactly if that

Is the case or not.

I think my opinion is just what it is; My opinion, and maybe not yours, that is all, and if you

READ things into my opinion, well that is your right to do so, but it is for your satisfaction,

Not mine.

I wish everyone the best this year at RHS, and all the BB players, and former players!

Your "opinion" was immature and childish, as I said.  You talked extremely negatively about two teenage kids who made a decision for their own good.  These kids read this message board as well, and what you said was irresponsible.  A real man would apologize.   I don't expect you'll do that. 

Wow, why so hostile about a young man quitting basketball? I agree that his reasoning in behind quitting is not very note worthy, however this is a High School kid. He can do what he wants when he wants (at least for another year). He is a great kid and there is no doubt about it, however he is in that stage of life where you are highly influenced by your peers. From the way I took it, he is not having fun with it anymore. As someone else said previously; when it becomes something more than fun then you probably won't succeed anyhow. Hope the kid best of luck in his future and I pray that he continues down the right path. "Do not stay from the way you where made to go."

Now back to basketball. He helped some, but not that much. He was a big body when they needed him against other teams who had a significant big man. However, Richlands is 95% transition, fast paced up and down the floor kind of team. He slowed them down in that aspect. Which is why he did not start until Cody Fuller transfer out. They will be A okay. 

Nope. What EH31 said...

I hear things but I like the arguments that come from wording statements as questions..

It's a good thing Richlands has decent talent to pair with their soft schedule. Those 17-20 wins will make most people forget how much of a mess that program has been the last few years.

Hey guys, there comes a time in your life when ones emotions overcome good common sense. I think

That is what happened to me today in my rant over this Basketball issue at Richlands.

I was wrong. I apologize. Please forgive me for my mistake in my bad judgement in this matter.

I went back and read the post, all of them, and yes, I made a mistake in my posting things that

Just was not right, and I ask for everyone's forgiveness, especially the young man in the matter.

Thanks everyone for your support. God Bless.

Kids get interested in other things. They get tired of having practice every day. They are kids first and foremost. I don't blame them for taking time away from sports. They have one more semester of school before they graduate. They have colleges to apply for.. Scholarships and financial aid to try to get. So what if us old codgers don't get to see them play basketball?

I quit a team one time and told the coach while he was screaming at me where he could stick his whistle.. I didn't need an adult screaming at me . I had better things to do .. It wasn't fun anymore.

Guys,  a lot of us on here played ball when we were in high school wayyyyyyyyy back when and for some, burn out does happen.

I played football in the fall, basketball in the winter and baseball in the spring and our football team was not anywhere near as good as this version of the blues so we didn't have any long playoff runs and I know by the time I was a SR,  I was getting a bit burned out.  As soon as baseball season was over my 9th through 12th grade years I would then start getting ready for football on top of working part time jobs at KFC my Sr year and Deskins supermarket bagging groceries my Jr year.

I know it took everything in me to not quit baseball my SR year,  I was tired and dealing with a nagging knee injury and I just wanted to have a little fun and be a normal student for a while and enjoy what little time I had left as a high schooler,  but I did end up staying and playing and didn't quit, partly because of my dad,   but like I said,  I didn't play probably half the football games these kids have.  With the playoff runs,  I would say they have played almost a full season worth of games more than I did.     They will be out of school and have to deal with the real world soon enough so let's let them be kids for a little longer and enjoy their short time in high school !

The Blues basketball team will be just fine.

Hey guys, it is hard sometimes for us Ole Vietnam guys to understand the guys of the

Milliluim age. I don't think it is the napalm that is clouding my thinking, but people

Just don't think the same now as back in the sixties. Tatos were not a fashion statement

Then, like they are now, but a symbol of peace and love of country. Later, dudes