Week 2 scoreboard.

Real Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, GMan said:

They're so used to losing at the Castle, they said what the heck, let's play there...

They are playing all 3 of their home games there to get around the band and cheerleader issue. 

Apparently at the Stone Castle, band and cheer are considered participants and the 250 spectator limit does not include them. But it would include them at VHS. So they’re renting Stone Castle for their 3 games. 

1 hour ago, VHSLhelper said:

'Cats have moved the Richlands game to the Stone Castle @ 2:00

I listened to Ron's pregame show this past Saturday.  At 1:00 when live video from NFHL began, it cut off the WGTH feed.  I was going to mute the broadcast on NFHL and listen to Ron.  I tried several times to get WGTH feed back but it would not do it.  I tried Star 95, same thing.  After game ended and I signed off NFHL, I was able to pick up WGTH again.  That was a bummer.  I don't want to not watch live action of NFHL to hear Ron call the game.  What's the solution?  Hopefully, the clock is working this week.  

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They are playing all 3 of their home games there to get around the band and cheerleader issue. 

Apparently at the Stone Castle, band and cheer are considered participants and the 250 spectator limit does not include them. But it would include them at VHS. So they’re renting Stone Castle for their 3 games. 

If someone in wise county were to play at Uva-Wise could u have 1000 fans there where it's a college stadium

6 hours ago, goose111874 said:

If someone in wise county were to play at Uva-Wise could u have 1000 fans there where it's a college stadium

I mean... maybe? I’m not the correct person to ask that question 😂

55 minutes ago, GDUB said:

in an era of California's and new York's i wish VA was more of a Texas!! open up baby 

There's a happy medium sweet spot somewhere in there. Virginia is too restrictive right now... but Texas is just plain dumb. There's a middle ground that is the right answer. 

14 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

There's a happy medium sweet spot somewhere in there. Virginia is too restrictive right now... but Texas is just plain dumb. There's a middle ground that is the right answer. 

not a very intelligent thing to say look at data of florida and texas they are in the lower  half of this right now. the states doing the worse are california and new york. CFR is .53% and hospitalization is 2 % no need to stay locked down. but if you want to you can still where your mask.

4 minutes ago, That_guy said:

Why not? Northern Va colleges are getting bigger numbers for there sports. I know Tenn High is Tenn but would they not still have to go by Va rules?

I’m not a legal expert on Covid restriction mandates but it seems to me , capacity limits etc. in TN could not be usurped by the Governor of Virginia when said facility is in the state of TN. I think Graham could also have a good argument since they play in WV. I doubt they’re willing to test the waters though.

24 minutes ago, GDUB said:

not a very intelligent thing to say look at data of florida and texas they are in the lower  half of this right now. the states doing the worse are california and new york. CFR is .53% and hospitalization is 2 % no need to stay locked down. but if you want to you can still where your mask.

That's just not true.

Texas and Florida are two of the only three states where they're adding over 5,000 cases per day. And per this chart, Texas is ahead of those states you listed in terms of case rate. Florida is doing slightly better than CA but NY is doing better than TX and FL.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

1 hour ago, That_guy said:

Why not? Northern Va colleges are getting bigger numbers for there sports. I know Tenn High is Tenn but would they not still have to go by Va rules?

Northern Virginia counties are doing what I recommended to begin with...holding band performances with 1000 person limits, and just so happening to have a football game following it.

3 hours ago, GDUB said:

The whole "not a very intelligent thing to say" is dripping in irony all over that post. 

I'm admittedly about as scared of the virus as anyone you'll meet. I don't take risks. I rarely go into public. Most trips are to family and that's about it. But with that said -- VA is still too restrictive right now. But to just open up as if it's November 2019, is beyond intelligence. You're defying what every single reputable scientist suggests. Open up more -- but keep your masks on and you'll get by with minimal damage. Packing 110k into a Cowboys game in September without masks or any sort of distancing is just asking for it. The NY variant -- though young and still needs more research -- could be a big issue down the road. 

At the end of the day we are playing football. That's all that matters. Its a step in the direction of "normalcy".

I don't believe any of the statistics. Good or bad. If the last year has proven anything to me at all, it's believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. ESPECIALLY if any form of government is involved. Heck, releasing over 100 immigrants that tested positive in Texas into the general population wasn't intelligent either but the federal government just did it. ***if that's true. 

Let's argue over football guys. Football.

SAT finals

Graham 49, Lebanon 6 (HC)
Galax 56, Grayson Co. 28

Tazewell 53, Marion 7
Union 26, Gate City 6

*Holston 47, Twin Valley 0 (HC)

Fort Chiswell 41, Auburn 19
Eastern Montgomery 33, Bath Co. 7
Covington 41, Parry McCluer 24

Richlands 37, Va. High 0

Honaker 35, Hurley 0
Eastside 43, Twin Springs 30 (AT Central)
Thomas Walker 20, Rye Cove 14
George Wythe 56, Bland Co. 8