Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

I kind of get the whole points thing and if you lose, etc, but............at some point it should come down to letting your kids play a football game. For the seniors, it is their final year and high school football seasons are short.  I just don't understand the "scheming" on power points or worrying about losing and what it will do to your power point ranking. Because, with what has happened in the spring with a shortened season and at present, a coaches and ADs duty to find your kids a football game and let them play trump's worrying about how many power points you get or don't get.

14 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Idk what’s going on behind the scenes but how I see it is not playing this game will help GW in points if they find an opponent next week that they can beat. Graham is a very physical team and I’m sure any team other than Galax in 1C or 1D would avoid them at all cost. I hate it for Graham because this is going to hurt them. Hopefully they can find someone. Giles has been fortunate to not have to cancel any games this season or else we would likely be playing Graham this week since it’s our bye week. 

Just hope we don't have to find one for Auburn later on

Tonight's Staunton River @ Alleghany - PPD to Tues. 10/12

Fri 10/1
Broadway @ *Central - PPD to Sat. @ 2 
Glenvar @ James River - PPD to Mon. 10/18
Covington @ Grayson Co. - CCD 
Staunton River @ Spotswood  - CCD 

add - Va. High @ Spotswood

SATURDAY, 10/9
Grundy @ Hurley - gone
add - Hurley @ Thomas Walker   1:00

11 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

If I don't have any local responsibilities I think I am going to this game. If anyone wants to go let me know by PM.

A possible preview of the East State Semifinal game. Clarke County and possibly Buckingham in Region C to challenge Draft, and Poqouson, and possibly Thomas Jefferson and 3-0 Nottoway will have a go at King William in Region A. 

I have watched King William twice on NFHS and would be very surprised if Draft beats them. KW is for real.

45 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Sounds like the GMen cause great fear amongst the non-potential takers.

They do, they scared Va High so bad they are driving to eastern Va . for a game too bad Union had the Cupcake T W scheduled we could have played at The Park this time 

I was at a volleyball game last night at Auburn and talked to one of football players and he said they only had 13 at practice and some days less than that. He said this Friday's game against Fort was cancelled. I asked him the reasoning for low turn out and his answer was they just don't show up for practice. At work I had asked a friend who's son plays at fort and they hadn't been told anything at that time. If fort can clean up their turnovers it will be a good game with Grayson. They are averaging over 4 a game, mostly unforced.

53 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Thomas Walker?

Yeah, very small school 304 grades 8-12 , we could have played Va High , Betsy, or maybe the new Westridge HS in Kingsport or even Volunteer HS as long as we don’t play them Ky schools

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

They do, they scared Va High so bad they are driving to eastern Va . for a game too bad Union had the Cupcake T W scheduled we could have played at The Park this time 

It’s certainly VA High’s prerogative to travel 5+ hours to play what they believe is going to be an easy win to pad their record rather than simply play an available district opponent 90 minutes down the road. It’s been my observation that teams who prefer to pad their record, don’t fare well in the playoffs or better their own players in the end. What’s the saying, play up, not down? A game at the park would have been preferable to no game at all. 

23 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

If I don't have any local responsibilities I think I am going to this game. If anyone wants to go let me know by PM.

sorry.

No football at Stuarts Draft this week. AD Steve Hartley just announced that King William has transportation issues on Friday and Draft can't play on Saturday due to SATs and other plans.