Graham Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

54 minutes ago, EH31 said:

👇👇👇This you?👇👇👇

I 100% take my roast on that.  Tazewell gave the "ASS KICKING"!  I didn't see it coming, nor did most on here.  Hope they have a great year, and it looks like they will be much improved for SWD.  Friday night against Graham will tell how much!!

8 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

I 100% take my roast on that.  Tazewell gave the "ASS KICKING"!  I didn't see it coming, nor did most on here.  Hope they have a great year, and it looks like they will be much improved for SWD.  Friday night against Graham will tell how much!!

Thanks for being a good sport. 

27 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The real question is… Does Tazewell’s concession make a good hotdog? 👀

The best. You gotta try “The Bulldog”. It’s a hotdog with chili, cheese & jalapeños. Also will have plenty of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, Pizza Hut pizza, nachos, popcorn chicken candy & drinks.

4 hours ago, tornado99 said:

This game will be interesting to judge if the chasm is as wide between Graham and everyone else in the SWD and 2D. I’m excited that at first glance both the SWD and M7 have some pretty solid teams. That said, while Tazewell is much improved, and likely a solid team, Graham’s toughest opponent is likely themselves (see penalties and other mistakes). Tazewell can make them pay for those, but not enough. Graham 35-21.

2D? Tazwell is good but they aren't RV. 

I think the game is going to be a good game. I’m saying 34-21 Graham.

I think Tazewell is much better then people think and Graham has some work to do. If Graham doesn’t clean up the penalties it could be a much closer game.

Graham is going to have to work on the pass defense this week and Linebackers are going to need to clean up some things for those short passes and communicating with the defense. Bluefield was successful with that. 

Grahams offense will improve significantly with some work on the OL. They improved drastically over what I saw vs Glass and Gate City. 

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I believe the line play for Graham is what will set them apart.  Tazewell is a good team, most likely a playoff caliber team.  Not sure if they can get by the G-men, but I thought Graham would roll Bluefield too.  Graham looked impressive in the first half, but was lucky to get out of Mitchell stadium victorious with that 2nd half performance  By the end of the season, I am hoping that the Bulldogs advance in the playoffs.  I have confidence that the dogs will have a great year.  As I stated early in the season 7-3 with the schedule they have and a first round win would be huge for them to build confidence going forward.  The numbers are up and things are looking up.  Come playoff time (barring injury, of course) they will be a dangerous team to face, lots of athletes, but some new faces that need to learn their positions.  They will be fine.

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

According to article @Real Sasquatch shared, Hairston had 18 yards rushing. Hairston is a stud & for Graham’s defense to hold him to 18 speaks volumes. Graham has some tweaking to do but if their defense improves each game  as in the past, you’re right, it could spell trouble for their opponents. Bluefield is a formidable opponent and Tazewell has improved leaps & bounds but Tazewell is no Bluefield in my opinion. I’m not writing Tazewell off but Graham’s worst enemy Friday night will be themselves. Good luck to both teams! 🙏 for injury free game for both sides! Go GMen!!!! 

I agree with all of these sentiments. Lineplay (O and D) and linebackers is where I believe Graham has the advantage. From my perspective, the G-men dominated Bluefield along the line of scrimmage. Their penchant for turning 10 yard series of downs to 15 or 20 plus is what kept Bluefield in the game. Bluefield was able to win some individual battles with trick plays or a play or two in space. Each team mentioned will be very good, and all 3 have individual match-ups to give the G-men trouble. I predict Ridgeview will be the toughest if they play, but I would still bet on Graham. Line plus Clements is tough enough, but Graham’s receivers are good enough to make teams pay for selling out to stop the run.

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham would be well advised to bring that “real defense”, whatever the Hell that means, to the second half of their games.  Graham looked impenetrable in the first half, and looked very beatable in the second.  That tends to happen at times when your starters haven’t played deep into the 2nd half for most of their careers.

REAL DEFENSE - Means one that didn't give up 28 points a game last season, plus 47 last Friday night!  Graham gave up 250 yards of total offense against a much better offense.  So, yeah, Graham's defense is "REAL"!!

5 hours ago, GMan said:

Honestly, I think this is the year that Tazewell finally punches every other SWD team in the face, that includes you too Richlands.  I think they will beat Graham in a close game, and win the district.

You may be right, I just have a hard time believing it. Graham is on the same type of run as Richlands from several years ago, only with a better geographic pipeline to fill any weaknesses.

Tazewell is improving. I like to see them good again. Tazewell being good only makes Graham stronger. With that being said I'm still not quite sure they're at the level of Graham yet. I think it will be close. Graham by a few scores.

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

IMO, Double Gates in Bluefield VA across from Graham High School is tough to beat. It's a legendary hotdog/history with it, and I miss the series with Graham more for the trips to Double Gates when we play in Bluefield.  Of Course, Bluefield is 20 minutes before Tazewell,  but worth eating early if looking for hotdogs.

They stop serving lunch at 2 PM...

6 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Agree. As for Graham and Tazewell, I also may make the trip on Old Route 61 from Narrows to Rocky Gap and onto Cove Creek and into Tazewell.  My wife loves Burkes Garden, so we will sidebar there for the Amish store (great burgers there folks, meat is never frozen). 

Graham's offense. In my opinion, 50 points per game with a great passing O and one that runs it pretty good has ZERO difference than an O scoring 35 per game, but gashes you on the ground first, and has an efficient short passing game. I don't see Grahams offense being any less efficient than last year. It's now a run first O and the dividends that plays in limiting the possessions of an opponents offense can't be understated.

Bluefield had around 220ish total yds. Roughly 80 of that were well designed trick Playa. I think Bluefield had 40 on the ground. Graham rushed for 225ish. That's a bad sign for Grahams opponents because I'm telling you, Bluefield is BETTER than last year.

If you are heading over to the garden, check out the General Store. On Friday eve starting at 4 they have all you can eat buffet for $12 and it's all Amish made food and sweets included as well. Trust me it's good and won't be disappointed. Actually the wife has some family coming in this weekend for a reunion and we are taking them over to it for a good meal before I head off to the game. 

4 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The real question is… Does Tazewell’s concession make a good hotdog? 👀

Had one last year out of starvation lol. $3 and left much to be desired in my book. Eat before you get there for sure. El Mars is some great Mexican or Italian Village serves up a tasty big burger as well

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Had one last year out of starvation lol. $3 and left much to be desired in my book. Eat before you get there for sure. El Mars is some great Mexican or Italian Village serves up a tasty big burger as well

Orrrrr…. Hear me out…. Support the football team, cheer squad & band who run the concession stand and grab a hot dog at the game. Or who doesn’t love a Chick-Fil-A sandwich for only $5? 

3 hours ago, stu_bean said:

If you are heading over to the garden, check out the General Store. On Friday eve starting at 4 they have all you can eat buffet for $12 and it's all Amish made food and sweets included as well. Trust me it's good and won't be disappointed. Actually the wife has some family coming in this weekend for a reunion and we are taking them over to it for a good meal before I head off to the game. 

Holy smokes man, thanks for that info.  My wife and I have headed to the General Store at Burkes Garden 3 times in the past year.  We buy some Amish goods and I love their burgers.  The Amish folks are always nice and interesting to talk to.  The sandwiches are good.  I had not idea about a buffet, but that works out dang near perfect being a 4pm start.  Much appreciated Stu_bean.