George Wythe vs Riverheads

Gridiron60

9 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Can somebody answer why it is they decided starting next year to only count 9-11 instead of through 12?

I can't tell you why other than to say that's the way VHSL used to calculate ADM back in the day. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:10 AM, sixcat said:

Suggesting the road becomes much more difficult in Class 2 doesn't magically suggest they can't compete. Nobody is suggesting they can't compete. With no bye in the playoffs in Class 2 and quality opponents throughout the playoffs unlike Class 1, it's reasonable to suggest the road gets much more difficult. As great as Appomattox has been over the past decade, they haven't played for eight consecutive state championships. Neither will Riverheads in Class 2. That's not to suggest they won't play for one here or there, but not a chance in hell they play for eight consecutive. 

This, I agree with completely. It was an extremely bad look for Riverheads and one I find to be petty. It only adds fuel to the "Riverheads cheats and fudges numbers" fire. 

I stated the road becomes much harder for them. And there absolutely have been people  stating they won’t compete not in this thread but in both boards there have been several stating that. Again I believe they will be in final four very consistently. 

Someone still needs to explain as to why Grayson got to play down and Riverheads didn’t except for the fact the assclown superintendent threatened a lawsuit.

Just now, Optimal62 said:

I stated the road becomes much harder for them. And there absolutely have been people  stating they won’t compete not in this thread but in both boards there have been several stating that. Again I believe they will be in final four very consistently. 

Someone still needs to explain as to why Grayson got to play down and Riverheads didn’t except for the fact the assclown superintendent threatened a lawsuit.

In pretty sure GW has class 2 numbers next year as well, I think it's only by a few students but still class two numbers from what some GW fans said about the numbers. I'd that's the case Grayson and GW should be with Riverheads next year.

On 12/8/2022 at 6:40 AM, sixcat said:

Nobody on this board gives two sh*ts what is on the other board. That's why we have our own (thanks @GMan

8 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Reading comprehension is important. I said on both boards which includes this one. You said no one was saying that they wouldn’t compete and they was in other threads on this BOARD!!!  But thanks for letting us all know how you really feel. 

Wow the butthurt is strong this one , he is always arguing with people and more times than not he is wrong. And he seems to always have back handed comments toward you for some reason. It must suck to go through life so angry all the time .
 What kind of an arrogant —— do you have to be to assume that your opinion is a blanket statement for everyone on this board. There is multiple people on here who posts on both boards. The other is not as lively but there is some good info on the eastern teams and some very good posters on there.  

33 minutes ago, FootballFan77 said:

Good luck to GW tomorrow! You will have some Graham fans there cheering you on. Let’s bring two state titles home to SW Virginia.

Here, here! 🍻

Let's do the dang thing!

Without a doubt pulling for you guys tomorrow. GO G-MEN! Let's bring em home!

On 12/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I thought I read where GW actually-slightly got the best of Union when 1s went against 1s.

In my opinion we did when it was 1s vs 1s once the seconds came in Unions depth showed and they definitely currently have the better JV team.

26 minutes ago, Riverheads suck said:

Let’s be honest, Riverheads beat George wythe but will get absolutely smacked by most 2A teams. They’ve cheated the numbers for years now and will finally see what happens when they play against who they are supposed to

Smacked by most 2A teams? Not sure about that one. 

Congrats Riverheads! Truly an honor. The bar has once again been raised for Virginia 1A football. I have nothing but full respect and admiration for the program you guys have built. I will be cheering you guys on from afar (unless, of course, we happen to meet again lol)

A huge thank you to the George Wythe football team, coaching staff, and administration....What a memorable year! You gave your all for your brothers on the field and the community behind you. I could not be any more proud of you all and to be a Maroon. 

Is it August yet? 

6 hours ago, nrv_football said:

Riverheads will not dominate 2A. They will make the playoffs of course but the days of winning multiple state championships are over.

I think Riverheads has to be one of the favorites to win the 2a championship next season.