Football Schedules for 2023

footballfan1

36 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Bluefield game is Thursday

I'll need to see what time Double Gates Grocery closes then, so I need to see if I should leave early to ensure I get my usual 4 Dogs with each trip to Bluefield.  Occasionally though, it's Dolly's Diner in Princeton which is a first class establishment in my opinion.

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

If fourseasonsfootball and my quick review of the sight are correct, Jenkins will be the first opponent that the Bearcats have faced from the Commonwealth of Kentucky 

Second.  Virginia High faced Fleming, KY in 1939 and lost 34-0.  

Shame on the Bearcats for scheduling this game.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Second.  Virginia High faced Fleming, KY in 1939 and lost 34-0.  

Shame on the Bearcats for scheduling this game.

Looking at the schedules that seems to be the date with Grundy that was double booked with Marion. I’m not sure who’s fault the mix up was but I would rather play a game than play 9 even if it is a cake walk. I really don’t think Patterson is intentionally dodging good teams. They added Ridgeview and Radford to the schedule that is up from what they where playing

Do any of you guys know about Virginia High's expectations this year?  They lose the stud QB and Linebacker.  Are they supposed to be better, worse, the same?  I haven't heard much about VH's expectations since Novemberish.  In the SWD, is Virginia High expected to be better than Tazewell or Richlands or not?  Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Looking at the schedules that seems to be the date with Grundy that was double booked with Marion. I’m not sure who’s fault the mix up was but I would rather play a game than play 9 even if it is a cake walk. I really don’t think Patterson is intentionally dodging good teams. They added Ridgeview and Radford to the schedule that is up from what they where playing

It is a catch 22.  I understand wanting to give the kids 10 games.  It will give your bench time to play too.  That being said it most likely kills your power ranking.

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/21/2023 at 9:51 AM, GMan said:

Bluefield picks up Grayson Co., Giles, and James Monroe...

BLUEFIELD
08/25 (H) Graham VA
09/01 (A) Princeton
09/08 (A) Greenbrier East
09/15 (H) Woodrow Wilson
09/22 (-) Open
09/29 (H) Independence
10/06 (H) PikeView
10/13 (A) Grayson County VA
10/20 (A) Oak Hill
10/27 (H) Giles VA
11/03 (A) James Monroe

Anybody know when Bluefield's homecoming will be?

On 6/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Do any of you guys know about Virginia High's expectations this year?  They lose the stud QB and Linebacker.  Are they supposed to be better, worse, the same?  I haven't heard much about VH's expectations since Novemberish.  In the SWD, is Virginia High expected to be better than Tazewell or Richlands or not?  Thanks in advance

They lost most of their explosion and offense with Jones, Worley and Poku leaving.  I don't see how they avoid taking a step back. 

Graham>Tazewell/RIchlands>Virginia High>Lebanon>Marion

9 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

I think GC's scrimmaging at West Ridge.

I was hoping Ridgeview would scrimmage West Ridge the last couple of years.  I'd call it the copyright/trademark bowl.

Ridgeview          >>>>>  West Ridge

Wolfpack           >>>>>  Wolves

Black, Gray and Power Blue   >>>>> Black, Gray and Royal Blue

This MUST be settled!!!

Wolfpack.jpg

West Ridge.jpg

On 7/21/2023 at 2:27 PM, SwvaOG said:

I was hoping Ridgeview would scrimmage West Ridge the last couple of years.  I'd call it the copyright/trademark bowl.

Ridgeview          >>>>>  West Ridge

Wolfpack           >>>>>  Wolves

Black, Gray and Power Blue   >>>>> Black, Gray and Royal Blue

This MUST be settled!!!

Wolfpack.jpg

West Ridge.jpg

It's always so funny to see Ridgeview folks complain about West Ridge on social media...

Come to think of it... what don't Ridgeview fans complain about?  Lol.