Bold predictions

Jags52

13 minutes ago, sixcat said:

@Tiger 2000just messing with ya man. Nice to see you such a good sense of humor about it. 

I know you were just messing . No offense taken .   Its hard to watch the program spiral downhill so fast.   Just trying to set bleed blue straight that Richlands has many problems that will need addressed , and coach lowe isn't one of them. They fired him , so need to focus on fixing instead of blaming .... 

13 minutes ago, sixcat said:

@Tiger 2000just messing with ya man. Nice to see you such a good sense of humor about it. 

1 hour ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Bleed Blue.     Ill respond. This isn't Coach Lowe. The reason you wont respond to any of " the rest of it", is because its all true. Ill explain the logic:

If I got fired from 2 different positions at the same  school, I would probably leave that school, and xfer my children as well. So that's not a big deal. The basketball team kept the core of best players last year, after the firing of coach Lowe.  They left this summer. That's  not a coach Lowe issue.

The football team struggled last year without Coach Lowe. And yes I agree , they would have anyway. However, loosing players to Honaker in no way can help the loosing. I would do whatever it took to keep my best athletes , girls and boys in the program. That's the biggest part of high school coaching. Not Xs and Os. You keep the athletes in your program and then coach them up, correct? So, if Lowe is gone, and your still bashing him  for the recent avalanche of players leaving/not participating, it seems as if you may want to find a legitimate reason, look around maybe the reasons are right in front of you. This time next year, who are you gonna blame it on.   I'm just saying , the Lowes made a business decision. We should applaud the efforts. And in the long run , if he is on a winning staff and his children excel. Be happy for him. Support the kids who spend there whole summer working on skills and conditioning. I've never seen and example of a kid who spends there whole summer working and then it not turn out good. Some kids go to weight room and field 2/3 times a week and call it work . Nah, that's called the minimum. Focus your attention on that.   

Blaming someone who hasn't been part of the football team in over a year for the xfers and the upcoming 2 win season wont be a good look. Coach Mance would have all these kids at his school and not leaving. No way he would let a potential all state lineman, WR, and upcoming starting QB leave.  It never happened. And if you don't think 3 players make that big of a difference in wins and losses in 2A football, then your a mom or dad of a player on the team and just want lil bobby to be treated fair.

As far as Trivette, she would be there as well  if coach Lowe was still coaching so obviously the girls had no issues with him. And I agree that she isn't as accomplished as Allen was at this point but very well will be by the end of this season or the next. The point of that was , no school can afford to loose someone of that caliber.   Not just a great player, but an unselfish team player, that now we cant drive over to the house of hustle and watch play this winter. Bleed blue started this issue by bashing coach Lowe. and all I'm saying is , he has done the right thing for his kids and family moving forward, and don't be surprised if his decision leads to a lot of wins and losses while another program sinks.  

There, now its legible 

On 7/25/2023 at 11:00 AM, Tiger 2000 said:

The train wreck, is a school that is loosing player after player . Cant keep the best girls  basketball player to ever come through the school from xfering.  The best lineman ( Cole ) is at Honaker. Best receiver ( Bandy) is at Honaker. Best crop of 7/8 grade girls and boys have xfered to Honaker.    You think you can blame that on Lowe?    Parker Lowe will be a 3/4 year varsity starter at 2 sports , and you guys want him gone ?  That's the problem . I would say any school would welcome a kid that wants to spend his whole summer going to camps and trainers  .  The Blues may win 2 games a year for the upcoming future and good luck blaming Lowe. He doesn't coach at Richlands.   Football or basketball.  If he did . Trivette would still be a Blue. You guys have lost $1,000 dollars a week just in  the revenue she brought in for girls / boys basketball games.  But as long as you all keep acting like you don't care everytime a good player ducks out on you , this slide will continue.   

1 hour ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Bleed Blue.     Ill respond    .   This isn't Coach Lowe . The reason you wont respond to any of " the rest of it" , is because its all true.    Ill explain the logic.

If i got fired from 2 different positions at the same  school, I would probably leave that school, and xfer my children as well  . So that's not a big deal.  The basketball team kept the core of best players last year , after the firing of coach Lowe.  They left this summer . That's  not a coach Lowe issue . The football team struggled last year without Coach Lowe. And yes I agree , they would have anyway. However , loosing players to Honaker in no way can help the loosing. I would do whatever it took to keep my best athletes , girls and boys in the program . That's the biggest part of high school coaching . Not Xs and Os   . You keep the athletes in your program and then coach them up.  Correct ?    So, if Lowe is gone , and you’re still bashing him  for the recent avalanche of players leaving/not participating, it seems as if you may want to find a legitimate reason .   Look around, maybe the reasons are right in front of you.   This time next year, who are you gonna blame it on.   I'm just saying , the Lowes made a business decision . We should applaud the efforts. And in the long run , if he is on a winning staff and his children excel . Be happy for him . Support the kids who spend there whole summer working on skills and conditioning . I've never seen and example of a kid who spends there whole summer working and then it not turn out good.  Some kids go to weight room and field 2/3 times a week and call it work . Nah , thats called the minimum . Focus your attention on that.   Blaming someone who hasn't been part of the football team in over a year for the xfers and the upcoming 2 win season wont be a good look. Coach Mance would have all these kids at his school and not leaving . No way he would let a potential all state lineman , wr, and upcoming starting qb leave.  It never happened. And if you don't think 3 players make that big of a difference in wins and losses in 2A football, then your a momm or dad of a player on the team and just want lil bobby to be treated fair.....  and as far as Trivette  , she would be there as well  if coach Lowe was still coaching so obviously the girls had no issues with him. And I agree that she isn't as accomplished as Allen was at this point but very well will be by the end of this season or the next.   The point of that was , no school can afford to loose someone of that caliber.   Not just a great player, but an unselfish team player, that now we cant drive over to the house of hustle and watch play this winter. Bleed blue started this issue by bashing coach Lowe. and all I'm saying is , he has done the right thing for his kids and family moving forward , and don't be surprised if his decision leads to a lot of wins and losses while another program sinks.  

Business decision, 😂😂😂 now that’s funny. Whatever helps you sleep at night Aaron, I mean Tiger.
Anyone that can read knows my post wasn’t blaming you, I mean Aaron Lowe, for the downward spiral of the football program, that started when Greg Mance saw the writing on the wall and retired. Those that actually live in Richlands are keenly aware that you, I mean Aaron, kept the shit stirred all year in girls basketball and are currently encouraging kids to transfer. Parker and Tyler are not part of your story, so quit lumping them in with your bullshit.
Enjoy yourself and your new assistant job in Honaker, here’s to hoping your “business” decision 😂 pays off in the end. 

Hmm....so what I'm getting out of all of this is that its Mance's fault!  Which leads me to wonder what would the state of Richlands football be if Mance was still at Richlands?  I can definitively say that if he were still there several kids from other schools would have transferred over there.  

4 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Sorry, but Trivette is best player that has played at Richlands, regardless if she transferred or not.  That's like saying Michael Jordan isn't the greatest Chicago Bull of all time because he finished his career in Washington.  Just because she transferred doesn't diminish her ability.

No one is diminishing her ability. Hopefully, she will have a great rest of her high school career and end up playing at D1 level. She will most likely become a more accomplished player barring any injury etc. but at this point in her career compared to Allen at the same point, Allen would still be the best. We can agree to disagree. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

No one is diminishing her ability. Hopefully, she will have a great rest of her high school career and end up playing at D1 level. She will most likely become a more accomplished player barring any injury etc. but at this point in her career compared to Allen at the same point, Allen would still be the best. We can agree to disagree. 

I just know that whenever someone transfers, there are usually the people that come out saying things like "she isn't that good anyway" or "the team will be better without her" etc.  Not that I'm saying you were implying that, but that's just how it goes in situations like this.  I feel like she is a D1 talent no question.  She plays like a man, no offense to any females on the board.  Honestly, I would rather have her on my team over McAmis.  

20 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Hmm....so what I'm getting out of all of this is that its Mance's fault!  Which leads me to wonder what would the state of Richlands football be if Mance was still at Richlands?  I can definitively say that if he were still there several kids from other schools would have transferred over there.  

On their own or did he recruit? Haha

23 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

I just know that whenever someone transfers, there are usually the people that come out saying things like "she isn't that good anyway" or "the team will be better without her" etc.  Not that I'm saying you were implying that, but that's just how it goes in situations like this.  I feel like she is a D1 talent no question.  She plays like a man, no offense to any females on the board.  Honestly, I would rather have her on my team over McAmis.  

I think any team  would love to have that caliber talent coming in and it’s a big loss to the Blues but honestly there was talk of her transferring prior to the Lowe debacle. I think that’s always been on the radar as to whether she’d stay at Richlands with or without Lowe. Student athletes need to go where they & their parents feel it’s of most benefit to them, the Lowe family included. I would agree on Trivette over McAmis if I had to choose between the two. Both are stellar players though in comparison to most of the talent in SWVA. 

Football is a cycle. Every great dynasty hits hard times. Talent leaves. Families leave. Kids stop playing. 

One day it will turn around. But that day is not today nor likely any day soon. Still can’t wait to show up and cheer on the boys who are out there every week. 

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I will make a bold prediction that this thread will get back to making bold predictions.

With that said, I predict Greg Mance will be the new Head Coach at Giles COUNTY High in 3 years, IF they would just close all the golf courses along the Grand Strand

8 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

Anyone that can read knows my post wasn’t blaming you, I mean Aaron Lowe, for the downward spiral of the football program, that started when Greg Mance saw the writing on the wall and retired. 

I think the downward spiral started with the departure of Snake.  Sure they were fine for a couple  years after he was let go by Mance.  His influence was still there as well as lots of talent. After that it sort of gradually went downhill more dramatically which was cemented when Mance left. I’m like you, I think he saw the writing on the wall. Thad Wells put a huge dent in the program. I agree with SwvaOG that Tarter is trying to right the ship but that will take time. Hopefully, him & his staff figure it out and can use players where they’ll be most successful and start building the program back up. Tarter is in a tough position. I don’t begrudge Lowe or his family for making the move to Honaker. Snake’s move to Graham worked out alright for him maybe it will work out for the Lowes being Tigers now and Richlands won’t have to worry about him causing drama anymore. 

My bold prediction getting back to the thread as requested by Real Sasquatch 😂: Tom Rife gets zero jail time maybe community service or charges dropped completely for trying to shut up that ignoramus buddy of Lowe who deserved an outright butt whoopin’ . 

18 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

The youth football system was in full-fledged collapse in Mance’s final years here.  We’re seeing the effects of that now.  While not perfect, you can look at youth leagues and extrapolate pretty well what these teams will look like in 7-10 years.  Even now, some places have positioned themselves well, while others should have alarm bells sounding.

19 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Nope, didn’t say it was his fault, just said he saw it coming. The football program has had a steady decline since he left. Jeff Tarter is doing the best with what he has, not throwing off on the kids that are currently working hard, but the talent level is just not there. Same can be said for the other sports programs in Richlands. Maybe there is a problem with youth sports. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

The youth football system was in full-fledged collapse in Mance’s final years here.  We’re seeing the effects of that now.  While not perfect, you can look at youth leagues and extrapolate pretty well what these teams will look like in 7-10 years.  Even now, some places have positioned themselves well, while others should have alarm bells sounding.

Danny Mullins expanded Tazewell Youth Football League(TYFL) several years ago to include Montcalm, Graham, Mt. View, Tazewell, and possibly Peterstown. I may be wrong on Peterstown. As far as youth leagues are concerned this one was ran about as good as one can expect. All of them are going to have hiccups but when you look at the performance of these same teams 7 years later.........it speaks for itself. Tazewell went from not making playoffs to contending. Montcalm(I know it's Montcalm) but they have done well with the kids that went through that youth league. Mt. View is and probably always will be a dumpster fire regardless. Graham's results speak for themselves. Obviously the MS and HS programs have to be a well oiled machine but that league that Danny put together produced some good teams. I probably shouldn't give him all the credit lol. He obviously had some help with it all. 

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The youth program in Richlands had been floundering and I think Mance realized that too. I think that’s part of the problem in Bland County. They need to start back  at ground level youth football or maybe middle school and build football up to have a chance at a high school team in the future. They’re still on schedule to play some games but last I heard from a buddy of mine who teaches at the HS they had a dozen boys. That was a couple weeks ago so maybe they’ll had some more join. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Danny Mullins expanded Tazewell Youth Football League(TYFL) several years ago to include Montcalm, Graham, Mt. View, Tazewell, and possibly Peterstown. I may be wrong on Peterstown. As far as youth leagues are concerned this one was ran about as good as one can expect. All of them are going to have hiccups but when you look at the performance of these same teams 7 years later.........it speaks for itself. Tazewell went from not making playoffs to contending. Montcalm(I know it's Montcalm) but they have done well with the kids that went through that youth league. Mt. View is and probably always will be a dumpster fire regardless. Graham's results speak for themselves. Obviously the MS and HS programs have to be a well oiled machine but that league that Danny put together produced some good teams. I probably shouldn't give him all the credit lol. He obviously had some help with it all. 

You’re correct on Peterstown.  And you’re correct on the effort required to get the youth leagues in order so that the middle/high school teams have good, experienced players to coach onward.  I think the world of Danny, and his work (and the work of others) is certainly is showing dividends in the County seat.