Jason Mullins out at Central

Observer

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I can see it for Yew. He's older, has coached a long time, lost a great senior class. This one doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, me either. It would be hard to replicate the success of the past couple years losing the talent of some of those seniors like Forbes. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yeah, me either. It would be hard to replicate the success of the past couple years losing the talent of some of those seniors like Forbes. 

Not many like Yew left. Power run, play defense, run some more, play great defense. I love old school coaches like that. Like most things, they are also a dying breed with the way the game has changed offensively. I wonder if guys like Carlock or Fry would be shocked if they could come back to life and see what football has become? I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just totally different. 

I just hope before I leave this world, I get to see the Bandana Bunch run the ball down somebody's damn throat for 15 games and win another state title. I just want one more man, one more. Greedy? Yep. My guess is that won't happen because if it does, it won't be Giles High anymore.

I saw hem play once last year and they looked like they had some talent, is the Qb back, skill, how many lineman do they have, when they were good I few years ago linebackers and online were really good players 

22 hours ago, Wade_1 said:

Has anyone heard of any names for this position?

Nothing yet, but it is my hope that it is someone younger with enough experience to rip it down and completely overhaul everything. 

Nothing gets passed “the family” though so it will be ran as it always has been.

29 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Whoever the coach is he has to agree to let the McAmis girl play QB.......in a wildcat........with no other RBs or WRs on the field.  

Those are the terms.

That’s about the way it has been.

21 hours ago, bucfan64 said:

Every team meal at Bonanza has resulted in a LOSS, so much that, we haven't took a team to eat there in nearly 25 years. We consider the place cursed. But the buffet is almost worth an occasional L

Bonanza management thanks you for keeping Crigger away.   We can add one to that tally from football season also.

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

Am I the only person in this thread to have never eaten at, or even heard of, Bonanza?

Do Hoss and Little Joe help serve?

Bonanza and Ponderosa had same ownership. Had massive amount of steakhouses across the country in 70s and 80s. This was the Tx Roadhouse, Golden Corral, Applebee's, Chile's, Ryan's before all of these came onto the scene.  I don't know about 2024 in Lebanon, but they we're outstanding in the 80s.  By 1993ish, a major drop-off as all of the above and more came on the scene. Only 14 left in America. I'm surprised you don't remember these sixcat. Ponderosa and Bonaza were basically the same, but Bonaza back in the day was slightly more upscale. I'm still kind of shocked there is one still around. Did a second take when I read the first post in this thread about Bonanza in Lebanon. 

13 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm surprised you don't remember these sixcat. 

Honestly never heard of Bonanza before this thread. The only time I ever remember hearing of a Ponderosa was when the DC Sniper killed someone at the Ashland Ponderosa right down the street from my wife's sorority sisters house. 

23 hours ago, sixcat said:

Am I the only person in this thread to have never eaten at, or even heard of, Bonanza?

Do Hoss and Little Joe help serve?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponderosa_and_Bonanza_Steakhouses

You gotta make a trip down to Lebanon!   Well, maybe dont do that but if youre in the area its worth a stop imo. 

They have a good salad bar. Hot bar has country cookin', and they've got some deserts and a ice cream machine. Not the place for date night(although I took a girl to the Bonanza in Wise on a first date lol) but its not a bad place to eat.

I'm a bit of an odd duck in more ways than I'd like to admit. I don't eat red meat so, these kinds of places aren't front-of-mind for me. Which is probably why I've never heard of them. 

I'm the guy that goes to the award winning steakhouse and orders Salmon. 

So when will interviews start? What kind of candidate are they looking for?  A few jobs have opened up are fighting for the same pool of coaches!

11 minutes ago, TnT+h said:

So when will interviews start? What kind of candidate are they looking for?  A few jobs have opened up are fighting for the same pool of coaches!

Posting is open until the 29th of February. I’m not sure if they’re interviewing currently or not.

My kid said he hasn’t heard anything other than they will select a coach with the “same vision” as the previous one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Who knows

On 2/2/2024 at 12:21 PM, onewarrior2 said:

Posting is open until the 29th of February. I’m not sure if they’re interviewing currently or not.

My kid said he hasn’t heard anything other than they will select a coach with the “same vision” as the previous one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Who knows

Sounds like a hire from within to me