Top Players in SWVA History

hhstigers7327

I have seen in person numerous times everyone listed on that list except Miller and Heath Miller and Bradshaw were the 2 best players IMO i've ever seen from this area....probably give the slight edge to Miller but he is the only one I just saw once that's why I listed 2 people

I said IMO....you may not agree with it and that's fine don't matter to me if you do or not....they asked the question and i answered it honestly....Jones brothers were good no doubt about it but their numbers were blown up because of a tool of a coach they left them in games when they were well ahead.....saw this with Thomas one time...up 50-6(i think it was the score but not positive, but it was a blowout for sure) and Robbins still giving him the ball....totally pathetic

And Miller wasn't just "good".....he was a GREAT HS football player

The usual suspects come to mind  like the Jones Brothers from PV and A.Bradshaw  from Graham was about THE most dominate player I have seen around here.  Could just take over a game on both sides of the ball and special teams !  Heath Miller was great and fun to watch !  Just a great guy also !  and Devon Johnson would have to be on the list somewhere.  

Jones brothers, Miller, Bradshaw, & the rest are all deserving. Here is some I can think of as deserving in their own way--- Ed Clark (Appalachia - the Jones boys Uncle), Travis Clark (Appalachia), Mickey & Phil Rodgers (Gate City), John Rainey (Tazewell). I am sure there are others missed.

You put Ahmad Bradshaw and Heath Miller on a list, set it aside, and discuss from there, starting with the Joneses. No love for Housewright flying around here?

Caleb Jennings, Richlands

If he hadn't been 5'6, he could've gone D1. Instead he became an All-American at Emory and Henry

I was literally about to type this and then when I hit the reply button, this showed up.......

A few not mentioned out this way:  Randy Jenkins, played at the old Pennington high school, went on to Kentucky and then played for Dallas in the NFL, was a quarterback and punter.  Todd Kirk, also from Pennington, had a successful career at Tennessee.  Mikey Hughes, lineman from Lee High, was an All-American at Emory & Henry.

Here are a few in my opinion:

Tazewell: Jesse Davis- Just an unbelievable talent. Quentin Reed, Jeff Lamie, Robbie Colley, Steve Mitchem (older ones) Stoney Deel, Buddy Fisher

Graham: Sugar Ray Graves (probably one of the best I've seen at running back)  Ahmad (of course), Tibbs,

Bluefield: Yubrenal, Jake Lilly, Hughe Smalls

Richlands: everyone that played for them the last 12 years (just kidding, although they have been loaded with talent, too many to list for them) Think about how good Ringstaff, Johnson, Austin Fuller and many others have been at the high school level, kinda mind blowing

You will of course have to put all NFL talent on the list but that is a given