Richlands vs Graham?

Richlands Gang

I made the trip up for the first meeting this year.  Guess I will be there for round 2 as well.  I was going to watch Hurley this week if they had won, but they didn't.  I am taking Friday off.  May go see Mercer Mall for awhile Friday, since I haven't been there in years, and assure myself of getting there by 5:30 at the latest.

Set aside 12 minutes and 46 seconds for your Mercer Mall trip to ensure you can make it to every non-vacant store. 

A couple of years ago, I thought Graham was the worst high school team I had ever watched in my life. To see how they have improved in such a short time is incredible to me and should be commended. I'd love to be there to see this one.

That's the difference between having a coach you don't want to play for and a coach you DO want to play for...and yes, that matters a whole lot...

All this talk about Appomattox.  We all may be sitting home while Stuarts Draft and Goochland play for the state title.   I've seen and heard all of this before.  They may be better than the rest, but anything can and usually does happen in High School Football.  If Union wins, the winner of Graham and Richlands will have a home game next week.

Goochland sounds like a super defensive team and if Union can play a 3 yards and a cloud of dust take the clock away who knows who will be the final two.

Statically the odds at this level can change with the balance of a ball.

Appomattox is super quick to the ball with multiple bodies around it, the games ahead will be won yard by yard, 1st down by 1st down, the big plays are going to get fewer and fewer.

Goochland sounds like a super defensive team and if Union can play a 3 yards and a cloud of dust take the clock away who knows who will be the final two.

Statically the odds at this level can change with the balance of a ball.

Appomattox is super quick to the ball with multiple bodies around it, the games ahead will be won yard by yard, 1st down by 1st down, the big plays are going to get fewer and fewer.

I agree, and most of these games will be won by the team who manages 2-3 big plays and doesn't turn it over.

This game is Southwest Virginia Football Royalty. I would love to see Graham win, not because I dislike Richlands in any way, but because of how far down Graham was and how they have built themselves back to contention. I am hoping that my team can follow this path (Gate City) to redemption and become Graham next year or very soon. I wish both teams the best, but I favor Richlands only because of experience. Blues win a squeaker.

I am hoping for a great game but I can't shake this feeling that no matter who the victor is, it's not going to be close. Hope I am very wrong, but I see a final score more like 49-21

But they did...and your guys are next...

We are next would be correct. I hope the outcome is in our favor though. This game is a tough one to pick. I think either team could win bigger than most would think...or it could come down to who has the ball last.

I'm hoping both sides get the best out of each other and put on a great game. Good luck to all!