Scrimmages/Benefit games

redtiger

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Chihowie's youngsters get a score and go for two to take the lead on the Dogs 21-20 and finish on top in the overall score

Final Score 21-20 (but not the real story)

Tazewell's Starters 3 TD's, Chilhowie's Starters 2 TD's

Tale of two styles of play.  Bulldogs need to work on the run defense.  If Chilhowie can get 4 or 5 yards a pop on them, they will struggle with the speed of V-High.  

Final.  Riverheads 4 TD's to Greenbrier East's 1 TD's in the first half, then backups/JV played the 2nd half.  Complete domination over what is supposed to be a pretty good football team this year that was 8-2 in regular season, and returns 3/4ths of their starters and key players.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tale of two styles of play.  Bulldogs need to work on the run defense.  If Chilhowie can get 4 or 5 yards a pop on them, they will struggle with the speed of V-High.  

I think tazewell was better against the spread then wing t style offense. 

38 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Loris with an impressive performance against Green Sea, leads 24-0 in the early 4th qtr over a very, very good football team.  If you know about football in the North Myrtle/Northwest Horry County area and follow scores over the years, then this is major improvement for Loris.  As in.....significant.  

Loris is AAA is SC, Green Sea-Floyds is Class A.  About 500 student difference in enrollment too.

25 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final.  Riverheads 4 TD's to Greenbrier East's 1 TD's in the first half, then backups/JV played the 2nd half.  Complete domination over what is supposed to be a pretty good football team this year that was 8-2 in regular season, and returns 3/4ths of their starters and key players.

Greenbrier East won't win 5 games this year unless ol' Jimmy has been out recruiting like he did for basketball...

13 minutes ago, GMan said:

Loris is AAA is SC, Green Sea-Floyds is Class A.  About 500 student difference in enrollment too.

Green Sea has 695 and Loris with 865.  Loris has always played up in schedule and was AA for a long time before the recent move up.  Green Sea is borderline AA with 695 students  Green Sea is not an average A team.  They are a powerhouse the last few years and won the state title a couple of years ago.  They have beat Loris the last 2 contests in 18 and 19, and would have hammered in 20 and 21, but Covid was a factor.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

That's when I left too. Don't think much else happened. Final was 32 - 20, Bears.

Impressed with GW tonight though.

Appreciate your updates, my man.

Late work day kept me from coming down. Good to hear it was a solid night for my guys. Iron sharpens iron. I'll be rooting for the Bears for the rest of the season, for certain. Good luck and have a great season!

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

That's when I left too. Don't think much else happened. Final was 32 - 20, Bears.

Impressed with GW tonight though.

Yeah GW looked good to me or we looked bad.  But I didn't realize we were playing so many freshman till tonight especially in secondary

2 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

Appreciate your updates, my man.

Late work day kept me from coming down. Good to hear it was a solid night for my guys. Iron sharpens iron. I'll be rooting for the Bears for the rest of the season, for certain. Good luck and have a great season!

Look like you guys have a good team this season.  Need some work on passing game (Union included)  but defense looked good stopping run first half

10 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah GW looked good to me or we looked bad.  But I didn't realize we were playing so many freshman till tonight especially in secondary

Those freshmen looked good too. Don't remember so many playing since 2014, and that class ended up in 2 semifinal games.

What i really like was middle school got scrimmage before tazewell and chilhowie game. Both teams coaches was out doing in person coaching. I wish we had more scrimmages for middle schools. 

10 minutes ago, GC_Quincy said:

Sorry if already posted. Gate City over Virginia High 33-28. Good bit of confidence for the kids heading into next week.

I'm glad Gate city getting back to swing of things. Good luck rest of year.

At Norton:

Burton over John Battle 15-10

Patrick Henry over John Battle 27-7

Wise Central over PH 3-0

Wise Central over Burton 7-0

Observations:

PH is a big team….really good size in the trenches.  Should be a tough out in 1D.

Central’s Dline looked really disruptive. They will run QB Church quite a bit and his arm is underrated.  

Burton was scrappy and did well in two games in which they appeared over- matched. Have some speed with #4 and #7.

John Battle is much better than last year…may not show up I  W’s.  But they are more athletic and sound and showed some creativity on offense…. #3 is a scrappy baller.