The thread of irrelevance

SmashMouth2021

Boy I tell you 1 thing I heard leaving that hell hole of gate city yesterday was players and fans alike said we don't fear them no more that wasn't bears. They were bear cubs. Man o man have the bears falling off that bad time will tell I guess.

10 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

There isn’t a reason until Tazewell gets someone to teach discipline. Tazewell has been undisciplined since Harris has been there, and anyone who’s in-denial about it needs a reality check. 

It is a double edged sword however.  Since Harris got there, numbers have really climbed.  Sometimes you might let things slide a bit just to keep the numbers there.  Once that it established it's hard to crack down on things and get them where they need to be.  Not making another excuse but Graham has its discipline issues as well.  They are well documented and known.  Winning culture is there for them so things can be fixed a bit easier there.  Winning has just become more normal again for the Dogs so unfortunately it isn't going to be a quick fix. 

16 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Winning culture is there for them so things can be fixed a bit easier there.  Winning has just become more normal again for the Dogs so unfortunately it isn't going to be a quick fix. 

Since 2019 they've had decent W/L record.  Covers the past 4 years, so the kids that were in the 5th grade back then should have grew up with a little better version of the Bulldogs than in years past.  Consistent wins over quality 2A opponents, or at least competing with them would be the next step (soon) or that culture is going to go away much faster than before.  That "we'll go 6-4/7-3 every year and get bounced 1st round" isn't good either, it's just not rock-bottom.  I'm not sure of the dynamics between TAZ-GRA/RICH, but it seems that more emphasis is placed on hating on the other instead of  working on their own deficiencies.  TAZ has always had big kids and athletic kids.  Guidance always seems a little off, even in good years for them.  Good luck to y'all in the future.  

2 hours ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Since 2019 they've had decent W/L record.  Covers the past 4 years, so the kids that were in the 5th grade back then should have grew up with a little better version of the Bulldogs than in years past.  Consistent wins over quality 2A opponents, or at least competing with them would be the next step (soon) or that culture is going to go away much faster than before.  That "we'll go 6-4/7-3 every year and get bounced 1st round" isn't good either, it's just not rock-bottom.  I'm not sure of the dynamics between TAZ-GRA/RICH, but it seems that more emphasis is placed on hating on the other instead of  working on their own deficiencies.  TAZ has always had big kids and athletic kids.  Guidance always seems a little off, even in good years for them.  Good luck to y'all in the future.  

You will get no argument from me on the amount of talent that has been wasted over the years.  In 2008 talent was there to go far above what they did.  Other years as well.  I agree you should always strive to get better and that is happeningslowly.  Went from several years of 0-10 to sneaking into the playoffs.  Now we should be expected to do more.  Get into the playoffs, that's fine but win one and then more.