Week 7 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m not at the game but I’ve witnessed it. The coaches are usually crying to the officials too! No offense to any Ridgeview folks on here but y’all do have some whiny fans and a few usually trash talking the other team’s kids. Or at least last year they did. 

Did you not read my write up on Mountain 7 fan-bases?  Lol. 

Just now, Cousin_Hoyt said:

Down through the years Richlands has had their moments.

One thing I've noticed is that when it is done by an opponent's fanbase they are whiny and ridiculous.  When it is down by their own fanbase, they are passionate and devoted.  Lol.  I would surmise there is a thin line between the two.  

34 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

If you say so..what should we have done then

Giles Defense looked extremely strong early. Held Cburg to zero points for an entire half, didn't give up a single point against Blacksburg until the second team went in. Lost a game against Radford that was in no way a competitive contest from the start and then decided to change around the entire defense. Since that game and those Constant personnel/alignment changes weekly, teams have done whatever offensively they've wanted with zero resistance. Common sense would tell you what happened and the solution. Injuries can't be an excuse because we've had all the original starters all season with the exception of tonight. And on that note,  I can assure you that one DB being out didn't give up 49 points again tonight. Heck, we even played Grayson without a safety a lot of times?!?! Couldn't have made it any easier for them

6 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

One thing I've noticed is that when it is done by an opponent's fanbase they are whiny and ridiculous.  When it is down by their own fanbase, they are passionate and devoted.  Lol.  I would surmise there is a thin line between the two.  

I despise when I hear someone blaming the refs, even if our own fan bases. I will admit three occurrences when I felt the officiating affected the outcome of the game, although one is debatable. As a Richlands fan, I’m sure most can guess. Again, it could have been a product of my age/lack of maturity.

Just now, tornado99 said:

I despise when I hear someone blaming the refs, even if our own fan bases. I will admit three occurrences when I felt the officiating affected the outcome of the game, although one is debatable. As a Richlands fan, I’m sure most can guess. Again, it could have been a product of my age/lack of maturity.

Oh, you're a better man than I.  I have low tolerance for referees that don't fully understand the rules or are scared to throw a flag in a big moment.  I've seen plenty of both.