New Head Coach at Richlands

Blue Tornado

57 minutes ago, land_rider said:

He would want to much money ! Lol

I have an empty trailer in the bottom that has never been flooded, equal distance from not one but two Dollar General's and a good walk from Grants.

That offer is more than enticing. 

5 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

I have an empty trailer in the bottom that has never been flooded, equal distance from not one but two Dollar General's and a good walk from Grants.

Woah, dude! You're bringing out the BIG guns!

27 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

It's this kind of community support that dynasties are built.

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I’m assuming he’s talking about Snake. 

If that's who 1 in Stripes was talking about then Snake is  💯 % not leaving Graham. I mean no disrespect to the Blue Tornado but why would he leave a program where they've earned two state championships since he came there in 2018 to take over a 0-10 program? He wouldn't. I'm under the impression he really likes it there and they like him. 

Richlands needs someone totally new in my opinion. 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:31 PM, SwvaOG said:

Something tells me they have a good idea of who it is going to be already. 

I suggest letting the School Board Supervisor of Secondary Education be the coach, after all he thinks he knows more about coaching football than anyone else, so let him show everyone how it is done.  

33 minutes ago, SXSW said:

This will be the thread that gets us through till next football season!

27 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

There will never be a thread to beat the Akers' thread! 😂😂😂 Fun times! 

Isn't Akers a Tazewell Co native? There's great potential for overlap in this thread! Haha 

17 hours ago, land_rider said:

Yep 0-10 record , stop the homeboy crap and hire someone that can win ! 

Plus the fact that everything I have been told said that the assistant coaches were the real problem.  Tarter just got the blame for it all.

9 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Plus the fact that everything I have been told said that the assistant coaches were the real problem.  Tarter just got the blame for it all.

That's the problem when the HC doesn't have full authority to choose his assistants.  The assistants don't feel the need to be loyal to the HC and it's a pi..... game to see who can out coach the HC rather than all being supportive.  How quickly they seem to forget what the word assist truly means.

21 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Jack Turner (somehow) landed a college coaching job. He's not coming back to high school.

Never seen anyone fail up the way he has.

It's really impressive how he pulled it off.  Turner is a technique guy and assertive.  Stinespring at Tech was like this.  They aren't strategic thinkers and certainly need to stay away from scheming and x's and o's.  They are technique guys.   How to block, how to tackle, how to rotate the hips, leverage, etc.  They have no business in the strategic part of things because bad things happen.  

6 minutes ago, Blue Tornado said:

What about one of the current assistants going to the head coaching job?

Won't Work!!! Clean the house, New HC, all New Assistants!! set the school board politics aside and let the HC choose his own assistants and this will WORK!!!

I don't know if I would clean house Tru Blu. Not saying that approach is wrong, but a guy like Breeding could be super, super valuable. Has excellent technique knowledge for backs, blocking, cutting, etc. 

A Head Coach's critical thing must be the Coordinators. That's the Brains of the operation. Sometimes, the HC is also the coordinator of O or D, but if you can get a guy that knows something about O or D where he could be the coordinator on O or D, and he has the brain power and humility to have someone on the opposite side of the ball to coordinate, you get wins.

You need 2 guys with brains, scheming knowledge on staff. The Head Coach needs a specialty (either O or D, and he needs 1 more brain guy on O or D. All the rest....you need technique and discipline guys. That's the formula in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I don't know if I would clean house Tru Blu. Not saying that approach is wrong, but a guy like Breeding could be super, super valuable. Has excellent technique knowledge for backs, blocking, cutting, etc. 

A Head Coach's critical thing must be the Coordinators. That's the Brains of the operation. Sometimes, the HC is also the coordinator of O or D, but if you can get a guy that knows something about O or D where he could be the coordinator on O or D, and he has the brain power and humility to have someone on the opposite side of the ball to coordinate, you get wins.

You need 2 guys with brains, scheming knowledge on staff. The Head Coach needs a specialty (either O or D, and he needs 1 more brain guy on O or D. All the rest....you need technique and discipline guys. That's the formula in my opinion.

2 guys with brains may be an issue.