Rye Cove vs Honaker Region 1D Championship

Gridiron60

Rye Cove, although appearing to have struggled against Eastside, have the potential if they can control the clock and score.  At some point they're going to have to develop some consistency on Defense and limit the Honaker air assault.  If they do then they've got a good shot.  If not, Honaker by 20.

It's definately hard to beat a team twice in the same year but this is the second regular season team Honaker has faced twice.  I think Honaker will win, but strange things can happen when you play each other over and over. Hope Honaker pulls this on out.

I would not be surprised to see RC win this. The coaching staff seems to think the regular season matchup was "the one that got away."

I think Honaker may be more talented overall, but not by much. RC will know exactly what to prepare for this time.

This could be a classic.

22 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

It's definately hard to beat a team twice in the same year but this is the third game between these two this year.  I think Honaker will win, but strange things can happen when you play each other over and over. Hope Honaker pulls this on out.

How is this the third game between these two teams this year?  Played at RC earlier in the season.  Am I missing something?

55 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

How is this the third game between these two teams this year?  Played at RC earlier in the season.  Am I missing something?

You're right, I stand corrected, and I went back and edited my previous post.  Thanks for pointing that old man mistake out.  Don't know what I was thinking, but now it's corrected.

16 minutes ago, Tru Blue72 said:

You're right, I stand corrected, and I went back and edited my previous post.  Thanks for pointing that old man mistake out.  Don't know what I was thinking, but now it's corrected.

Haha, no problem.  Thought I may have missed something lol.  I know Honaker played Lee in a benefit game in the preseason.  Didn't think RC and Honaker played, but my memory isn't t the best.

Stat recap of RC vs Honaker 9/8/23 game per Bristol Herald:

Rushing yards:   H-22-160; RC-51-223

Passing yards:    H-288; RC 163

C-A-I:    H-18-26-0;  RC-7-17-1

Fumbles:   H-2-2;  RC-0-0

Score at halftime:

H-  14

RC- 12 

Both teams per BHC scored 20 pts in 4thQ

Honaker attempted five  2 point conversions - 2 completions

Honaker with 1 XP blocked

RC attempted five  2 point conversions - 1 completion