Graham vs Radford

Gridiron60

10 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

I feel like Graham and Radford are miles faster than Riverheads and Poquoson. 

No offense, but I think you are underestimating Poquoson. I know there's the thought about Poquoson as a bunch of slow white dudes that can't run, or that's the perception. At Poquoson, they are big into Olympic type sports. Kids down there are just all around athletes. Watch them on defense against Lafayette or King William and how fast they close. Poquoson has not just average, but very good overall team speed. They have lots of track guys on their team. My wife is from Poqouson and lived some in Nottoway, so I keep up with those 2. 

Perception of Poquoson is good football players and not very athletic. It's almost the exact opposite. They have far more athletes than truly good football players. Lots of their kids come from Langley Air Force Base and NASA kids whose parents have traveled. Langley and NASA border Poquoson. They've been exposed to Olympic type sports, training, distance running with their military parents etc.

I was stationed at Langley for 6 years and our kids went to Poquoson school system when they were young before we moved back home and out of the Air Force. We lived on base and the demand for their school system was so high that Langley had 2 busses that took kids to and from the base. We had to pay a fee for it, but it was available. About half of Poqouson students are from there and half are military or fed government/NASA kids that are transit. Thst school is loaded with athletes and they are good in nearly every sport

I wasn’t implying they didn’t have athletes but I haven’t seen them have the speed Graham and Radford have. They may very well be miles ahead of Riverheads in speed too but again I don’t see that as much as I see every player in position and doing their job on about every play. I suppose you don’t see blazing speed unless there are mistakes that have to be covered up. 

If I’m Graham Clements will have 80 carries next 2 weeks that’s if they win Saturday.  We seen what he did to maybe the best defense Union has ever had and held a 6A Science Hill to what 28 points and most of those were late in the game.  Good luck to anyone trying to stop that 

Graham against Radford needs to be power run heavy Clements Graham like the one at Union.

Against Riverheads, Graham needs to be in wide open sets and if you want Clements to run, then run him a lot but from wide formations. Graham needs to get the football in the air a whole lot if it's Riverheads. Force them to cover in the secondary and split them out.

27 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Graham against Radford needs to be power run heavy Clements Graham like the one at Union.

Against Riverheads, Graham needs to be in wide open sets and if you want Clements to run, then run him a lot but from wide formations. Graham needs to get the football in the air a whole lot if it's Riverheads. Force them to cover in the secondary and split them out.

Stopping the run of Riverheads for whoever they face will be a tall task.

2 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Sorry fellow region D fans. But Clark goes wild in this game. So does clements. Im looking for a game like Princeton and Bridgeport. Im pulling for Graham. But im going with Radford 45-39

Defensive staff will have to come up with a plan to slow Clark down. Graham has good defensive planners in Snake & Rex. You can't run or pass on your back. Hopefully, GMen muscle their way to him and drop him before he can make a lot of big plays. He'll get some but hopefully not enough to win. The difference between Clements & Clark, Clements hasn't been playing both ways. He gets a breather. Clark plays both ways the entire game. I'm not saying that hurts or helps anyone just pointing it out. 

16 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Should be a good game. I remember in 2018 the GMen were supposed to have a really close contest at Radford only to explode on offense and defense. I would be surprised if Graham won by 21 and same thing for Radford, but I was surprised in 2018. It's easy looking back in hindsight at 2018, but going into that game, that was supposed to be a coin flip kind of game. 

in 2018 Radford looked like a JV team in comparison to Graham, plenty of talent just no where near Grahams level physically

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Defensive staff will have to come up with a plan to slow Clark down. Graham has good defensive planners in Snake & Rex. You can't run or pass on your back. Hopefully, GMen muscle their way to him and drop him before he can make a lot of big plays. He'll get some but hopefully not enough to win. The difference between Clements & Clark, Clements hasn't been playing both ways. He gets a breather. Clark plays both ways the entire game. I'm not saying that hurts or helps anyone just pointing it out. 

But is 5 heathy? He had to go out on the goal line Saturday and that sequence could have lost Graham the game by not scoring. He took a HARD lick for sure im not doubting the kid at all, but he’s gotta be 100% bc right now he’s 95% of the Graham offense. 

12 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Prior to the Glenvar game, Radford was the clear favorite.  I say they are still the favorite.  Graham is the underdog in this one.   Radford won the right to host and deservedly so.  Christiansburg has a very nice field since they got turf, should be a great venue.

What is parking like at cburg. For those with disabilities. 

41 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

But is 5 heathy? He had to go out on the goal line Saturday and that sequence could have lost Graham the game by not scoring. He took a HARD lick for sure im not doubting the kid at all, but he’s gotta be 100% bc right now he’s 95% of the Graham offense. 

Can't have a Superstar hurt in Class 1 or Class 2 and recovery in most situations.  Take away CCC and Riverheads is still awesome, but not quite the same.  Take away Clark at Radford and Radford is still awesome, but not quite the same.  Same for Clements and Graham.  Anderson is a stud.  Take him away at Union and Union is still awesome, but not quite the same.  Go back in history and same thing.  What if King William doesn't have the monster Claiborne against Graham, or Cam Allen doesn't play in 2018, Mitchell his senior year at Union out, Scruggs at Appo if he were hurt.  It just completely changes the nature and effectiveness of the team, especially at the Class 1 and 2 levels.

1 hour ago, ghs73 said:

What is parking like at cburg. For those with disabilities. 

It's a very easy walk from the parking lot to the ticket booth, especially from the handicap parking. There is a slight downhill grade from the parking lot to the ticket booth but nothing difficult. The visitor stands are beyond the ticket booth to the right and nearest to the parking lot. The whole way is nice fresh asphalt and concrete. One of the easier stadiums to get into and out of I've ever been to.