Graham Fall 2021 Football schedule

Bluefield researcher

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

UNION played in Bluefield in 2019, so should we not be at home in the fall of 2021 due to covid , and not playing in 2021 spring game?

All contracts for 2020 are considered honored and fulfilled. Tough break if you are Union in regards to the Graham game but the shoe fits the other way too. Graham is at Bluefield again in 2021 even though Bluefield was the home team in 2019.

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

All contracts for 2020 are considered honored and fulfilled. Tough break if you are Union in regards to the Graham game but the shoe fits the other way too. Graham is at Bluefield again in 2021 even though Bluefield was the home team in 2019.

That 250-foot difference in travel time is a killer.  😉

I get what you mean though, particularly with gate revenue in rivalry matchups.

• 3 months later...

8 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

What does Bluefield have returning this year?

A lot of young players that saw a good amount of time last year. QB will most likely be Ryker Brown.  Amir Hairston and Jaeon Flack at the backs. Small but very quick.

On 1/13/2021 at 6:17 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

08-27  A  Bluefield

09-03  H  Tazewell

09-10  A  Richlands

09-16  H  Union

09-24  A  Galax

10-01  A  George Wythe

10-15  H  Virginia High

10-22  A  Pulaski County

10-29  H  Blacksburg

11-05  H  Marion

That has to be imo, one of the toughest 2A schedules in the state of Virginia. Appomattox also has a very good one as does Poquoson down on the coast playing nearly all 3A and 4A schools, but Graham's schedule this year seems incredibly tough.and about the toughest I've seen for a 2A school for this coming fall.

1 minute ago, Fairlawncat said:

That has to be imo, one of the toughest 2A schedules in the state of Virginia. Appomattox also has a very good one as does Poquoson down on the coast playing nearly all 3A and 4A schools, but Graham's schedule this year seems incredibly tough.and about the toughest I've seen for a 2A school for this coming fall.

You must've not seen where Union added Thomas Walker lol!!!

I can see Graham going anywhere from 6-4 to 10-0.  Depending on the QB-RB situation.  They will be battle tested for sure come playoff time and that can only help. I do think they will lose 1 or 2 along the way. If they can manage 8-2 with that schedule, that will be a good outcome and they will be primed for the playoffs if they can manage that.  RB and QB are huge question marks for them.  They will be solid at other positions.  Hearing the transfer has speed to burn.  He could take some pressure off of Bradshaw.  

• 2 weeks later...

10 hours ago, GHS89 said:

Looks to me like Tony has no interest in padding W-L numbers and intends to have tough troops come playoff time.  

By the looks of some other schedules though, looks to be some padding going to be taking place 😂. Kudos to Tony for upping the GMen schedule whole others choose to play down. 

Pulaski should be a challenge for both Graham and Bluefield this year with Dixon at the helm and the # of athletes they have to choose from.  Blacksburg has 3 times the enrollment of Graham as well.  I love to see Galax back on their schedule and I don't understand why Graham and George Wythe haven't tried to play this game before, hoping that GW becomes a fixture on Graham's schedule. 

The GMen are going to be special and will possibly make a run for another state championship.  I understand this group of upcoming seniors have been talked about for a long time in Bluefield, VA.  If Graham comes out and beats Bluefield, look out, because I understand the Beavers return to usual form as always.  Teams that are going to be very good across the state that have lots of returning juniors and seniors and talent returning and some didn't play this spring are ....

King William, Poquoson, Buckingham County, Nottoway - I would take these four or "the field" over Stuarts Draft this fall to represent the East in the state title game.  King Williams returns a bunch including 2 FBS players, Nottoway returns a bunch with 1 FBS player, Buckingham County sets on a ton of talent, and Poquoson lost 2 starters including 7 sophomores who started on both sides of the ball this winter/spring 2021.   In Region C, we can't touch Appomattox, nor can Dan River, nor can Gretna or Glenvar.  They will walk through Region C with what they return.