Tazewell Football

Gunz9

He's got a Sr's that's gonna be some weapons. Gotta get the ball in Young and Mullins hands.

THIS!!!! This is what's wrong with Tazewell!!! The man hasn't officially been on the job for 24 hours and you already have people telling him what he needs to do!!! I'll give him two years before he bolts, just like the other coaches...

THIS!!!! This is what's wrong with Tazewell!!! The man hasn't officially been on the job for 24 hours and you already have people telling him what he needs to do!!! I'll give him two years before he bolts, just like the other coaches...

First I was stating he had some weapons. 2nd I don't tell a coach what to do or who to use. Have no kid in football, mine play baseball and soccer so piss off

"If you're not winning with Nick Colobro, you're not going to be able to win." Dave Woodard Bluefield Daily Telegraph. 

Can't wait for that quote to become fact...after a couple of sub-.500 seasons, the parents will run him off like they have all the other coaches for the past 20 years.  Got to be something in the water in the Tazewell area...

"If you're not winning with Nick Colobro, you're not going to be able to win." Dave Woodard Bluefield Daily Telegraph. That was a real intelligent quote to put in the local newspaper the morning after hiring a coach to take over a program that's been in the toilet since God knows when.

Woodard was using my response to his post about Colobro being announced, which was:

"I just hope the THS parents will let the man work and not meddle. If you can't win with Colobro, you aren't winning."

GMan and others can verify it.

Colobro led GC to be one of the elite programs in VA. He took Abingdon from being a dead dog loser to a consistent winner. If you can do it at Abingdon, you can do it anywhere. Even Tazewell. If the parents will be patient and let him. There's enough talent in the pipeline.

Woodard was using my response to his post about Colobro being announced, which was:

"I just hope the THS parents will let the man work and not meddle. If you can't win with Colobro, you aren't winning."

GMan and others can verify it.

Colobro led GC to be one of the elite programs in VA. He took Abingdon from being a dead dog loser to a consistent winner. If you can do it at Abingdon, you can do it anywhere. Even Tazewell. If the parents will be patient and let him. There's enough talent in the pipeline.

That is a true statement. Unfortunately that's not how BDT published it.  But that doesn't come as a surprise either. LOL

That isn't telling the coach what he needs to do???

I'd bet a dollar to a dime that Colobro has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know...just sayin'...

You are wise man, Right? So when is something being posted on here turn into telling a coach to do something? Just curious!

Colobro always told us (players) at Gate City, "I don't care who your mommy or daddy is, I'm going to put the best 11 out there. If you want to be part of those 11, I expect you to put in the work."

Colobro won't take any crap from anyone, which is the way it should be. You won't influence him.

Colobro always told us (players) at Gate City, "I don't care who your mommy or daddy is, I'm going to put the best 11 out there. If you want to be part of those 11, I expect you to put in the work."

Colobro won't take any crap from anyone, which is the way it should be. You won't influence him.

If he sticks to that I will be very surprised if his exit will be as quiet as Allen's exit was.