Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
techfan

Mance news

Recommended Posts

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Thad Wells??? Ronnie Davis??? Ryan Dye, lol! He knows Blue Torbado football about as well as anybody, lol! 

Yeah... let’s go ahead and take that third name off there hahaha. I don’t pretend to think I could coach lol. I don’t know even nearly enough. 

 

IF — and there a big if — Thad wants to come back, I can’t imagine he won’t be given the keys to the kingdom. And Blues fans would welcome him with open arms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
32 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Thad Wells has facilities in Mooresville that nobody in SWVA can match.  I can't imagine he would give those up but I could be wrong.  Athletic boosters pay for every athlete to work out here...........

https://jetperformancelabs.com/

 

Unless the draw of raising his kids in SWVA where both he and his wife went to Richlands and both of their families are still here. 

Not speaking for him. But as a new father, I hate that I live 70 minutes from my family in Richlands. I can’t imagine 3 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Just watched some highlights of Mooresville from last season... He has some cats down there for sure not that Richlands doesnt have good athletes for the area but it looks like he is able to run what ever he wants on both side of the ball and has the kids to do it. On top of the pay in North Carolina being a minimum of $10,000 more than any school in SWVA makes it hard to believe anyone would make the move back. Money talks and that why the area has lost 2 coached to NC the last 2 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
26 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Just watched some highlights of Mooresville from last season... He has some cats down there for sure not that Richlands doesnt have good athletes for the area but it looks like he is able to run what ever he wants on both side of the ball and has the kids to do it. On top of the pay in North Carolina being a minimum of $10,000 more than any school in SWVA makes it hard to believe anyone would make the move back. Money talks and that why the area has lost 2 coached to NC the last 2 years.  

Mooresville plays in arguably the toughest conference in North Carolina but if he keeps building the way he has over the past two seasons, he will be just fine.  A program from the I-Meck Conference has won the 4AA state championship every season but 3 since 2009!  Mooresville is in Class 4A so they play a ridiculously difficult conference schedule against several perennial power 4AA programs.  Last season the I-Meck had 3 teams reach the 4AA final 8 and 2 others reach the 4A final 8, including Mooresville.  Vance won the state championship in 4AA out of that conference last season.  Mooresville played them tougher than anyone else all season, losing 20-14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Unless the draw of raising his kids in SWVA where both he and his wife went to Richlands and both of their families are still here. 

Not speaking for him. But as a new father, I hate that I live 70 minutes from my family in Richlands. I can’t imagine 3 hours. 

My kids are both teenagers.  My wife and I both felt the way you do 13 years ago when we moved them back to Galax.  Now, we regret that decision to some degree because of the lack of opportunities and resources compared to other areas.  Galax is a quality school system that has been managed exceptionally well but can't compete financially with the school district my brothers kids attend in Cornelius, NC.  The opportunities and resources my niece and nephews are exposed to have us second guessing our decision 13 years ago.  They have an embarrassment of riches, including attending high school classes taught by Davidson University professors. 

As proud as I am to be from SWVA, it just doesn't compare to other areas in terms of opportunities, resources and community investment.  Although I will contend, I am not a fan of the North Carolina state symbol................the orange traffic barrel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
59 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Just watched some highlights of Mooresville from last season... He has some cats down there for sure not that Richlands doesnt have good athletes for the area but it looks like he is able to run what ever he wants on both side of the ball and has the kids to do it. On top of the pay in North Carolina being a minimum of $10,000 more than any school in SWVA makes it hard to believe anyone would make the move back. Money talks and that why the area has lost 2 coached to NC the last 2 years.  

I know in SC some of the HS coaches are making $60,000 + and they don't even have to teach a class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
3 hours ago, sixcat said:

Vance won the state championship in 4AA out of that conference last season.  Mooresville played them tougher than anyone else all season, losing 20-14.

AB parlayed that title into another nice gig I assume at Irmo just outside of Columbia.  Not sure what his record was last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

AB parlayed that title into another nice gig I assume at Irmo just outside of Columbia.  Not sure what his record was last year.

Ironically, Vance never won a state title with Brand as head coach.  Vance lost 9-7 in the 2018 state championship game to Wake Forest, which was Brand's last game at Vance.  Vance won the 2019 4AA state championship 24-3 over Leesville Road (Raleigh) with former Indian River head coach Glenwood Ferebee as head coach.  Ferebee may be the best high school football coach in Virginia or North Carolina.  In 6 years as a head coach, he has won 60 games in two absolute monster districts. 

Irmo finished 3-7 in 2019 and wasn't competitive in many of them and finished the season with only 37 players.  Which is quite shocking for a school like Irmo.  They lost four of those seven games by at least 4 TD's.  I have a lifelong friend coaching basketball in Columbia, SC.  He says the natives are restless already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...